CIEMS $600 - $1200
Jul 13, 2020 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

itzflashgordon

New Head-Fier
title pretty much says it all, i have weird shaped ears and iems have never been good for me comfort wise and its hard to test iems now a days so im looking for some recommendations! Current front runner is ths 64 audio A6t. My head phone collection consists of the LCD-X, Sony Z1R and Fostex TH 900 if that tell you anything about what im looking for. Finally ill my current dap is the a&k sr25 which is what i will run them off of most of the time. Any suggestions would be awesome thanks!

Jul 13, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 5
I've heard a ton of JH Audio IEM's and settled on the JH Audio 10 x3 Pro myself. Excellent sound, punchy bass with no bloat, and plenty of detail in the treble to bring in chimes and cymbals. I like the 10 x 3 Pro over all of the other models as I found it sounded the most even and up-front.

https://jhaudio.com/p/jh10x3pro-custom

Jul 13, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 5
One thing to note is you need to go to a good audiologist who has made custom in-ears for other folks. They will know how to spec the nozzle size for better fit as the CIEM manufacturer will chop off some length of the nozzle ( 1mm - 2 mm ) which can cause issues if the audiologist has not done this before.

Jul 14, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 5
title pretty much says it all, i have weird shaped ears and iems have never been good for me comfort wise and its hard to test iems now a days so im looking for some recommendations! Current front runner is ths 64 audio A6t. My head phone collection consists of the LCD-X, Sony Z1R and Fostex TH 900 if that tell you anything about what im looking for. Finally ill my current dap is the a&k sr25 which is what i will run them off of most of the time. Any suggestions would be awesome thanks!
The 64 Audio A6t seems great, and will probably match your desired sound well, based on your HP collection. Make sure to print out the 64 Audio instructions for the audiologist. You need much more extensive impressions for IEMs than for hearing aids, and the impression need to go past the 2nd bend of the ear canal (deep).

If you want a well balanced, but very bassy sound, the UE6 Pro is an option. They also have a very extended treble response. The DDs for bass and mids provides a nice warm analog-type sound, but it is not as detailed as good all-BA IEMs like the A6t.

If willing to go through more trouble, and purchase from China, there are many other great IEMs, for lower prices. Fearless is a well respected company, and the S8 series (Freedom, Pro, Z) is a great option. A newer brand is ThieAudio, and the Voyager 14 is their current TOTL 14 BA IEM. It also happens that the 2 examples I mentioned, the S8 and V14 are extremely detailed and technically competent IEMs, but with fun sound signatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back