CIEM help
Jul 23, 2020 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Danger

New Head-Fier
Had my ear molds done today now trying to decide what to get. A few things I'm looking at are:
Lime Ears Model X
JH 13v2pro
Pears SH2
Craft Ears Craft Six
Alclair Six
Moondrop S8
Thieaudio Clairvoyance

Basically I'm lost at this point. Any help or suggestions appreciated. I love detail, soundstage and good bass, among other things. Trying to not go over $1300.00. I want something end game that will stop me from buying and obsessing over IEMs. I already bought my end game open back over ear two years ago and haven't bought an over ear since. Time to do the same with an IEM. I want out of the hobby and just want to listen to music at this point.

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 13
Had my ear molds done today now trying to decide what to get. A few things I'm looking at are:
Lime Ears Model X
JH 13v2pro
Pears SH2
Craft Ears Craft Six
Alclair Six
Moondrop S8
Thieaudio Clairvoyance

Basically I'm lost at this point. Any help or suggestions appreciated. I love detail, soundstage and good bass, among other things. Trying to not go over $1300.00. I want something end game that will stop me from buying and obsessing over IEMs. I already bought my end game open back over ear two years ago and haven't bought an over ear since. Time to do the same with an IEM. I want out of the hobby and just want to listen to music at this point.
i recommend moondrop they r fantastic for most genres with their tuning

btw there is no escape

Jul 24, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #4 of 13
Does it need to be a CIEM, or is a UIEM an option? I didn’t think Moondrop IEMs were available in CIEM form, but Moondrop does make great IEMs. One CIEM that could be a great end-game IEM for you is the 64 Audio A6t, but it maxes out your budget.

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #6 of 13
Aug 2, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 13
Well what kind of music do you listen to?

Aug 2, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 13
Also even though you may want custom, as someone who owns 2 (upcoming 3), I would suggest also looking into UIEMs and getting a custom tip for them. If you don't like the sound of your IEM like I found out the hard way, you at least only make a $150 mistake. Also you can resell the UIEM if you want to try something new.

Aug 4, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #10 of 13
Also even though you may want custom, as someone who owns 2 (upcoming 3), I would suggest also looking into UIEMs and getting a custom tip for them. If you don't like the sound of your IEM like I found out the hard way, you at least only make a $150 mistake. Also you can resell the UIEM if you want to try something new.
Well, I have a dozen universals already and already have my ear impressions in hand so I'm definitely going custom. I tend to not be a seller of things I buy. I just keep everything anyway so not worried about resale. I'm going to sit on the fence for now and keep an eye out for all the new tribrid reviews that are surely coming. My musical tastes run the gamut.

Aug 4, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #11 of 13
Makes sense, do you know what sound signature you want?

Sep 4, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #13 of 13
On the Musictech website, they allow for auditioning so you can ask customer support if you can audition the MEST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back