Looks like a very nice little SS beastie
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats on the score !!!!

I look forward to your impressions of this amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Is the push button a gain switch ?

Peete.

Jul 1, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #6 of 30
Ya, a little bit o' burn-in, and you're set for Neutral Central! Power up!
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by greggf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya, a little bit o' burn-in, and you're set for Neutral Central! Power up!
biggrin.gif

Neutral? Interesting... Have you compared them to Headamp's Gilmore Lite or GS-1? If so, which do you find more neutral?
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #8 of 30
Never compared them to the GLite or GS-1, sad to say. Wish I had.

There's a review here by someone who did do a GLite/VHP-1 (I don't think it was the 2) comparo; I don't have the link. I think he pretty much liked them both.

Jul 1, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Asr, I probably missed it somewhere, and if I have, I apologize, but why are you ending your reviews on head-fi? I will miss them thoroughly.

Writing reviews is something I don't want to do anymore. After the Pico will be the Klipsch IMAGE/UE triple.fi and this one for the VHP2, nothing further after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldkeith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
needs about 200 hours of burn in and then the sound begins to change for the better.

I don't believe in burn-in much when it comes to amps so the most I'll be putting on this amp will be 100 hours!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neutral? Interesting... Have you compared them to Headamp's Gilmore Lite or GS-1? If so, which do you find more neutral?
biggrin.gif

Well I owned both of those before and while I won't be able to make a direct comparison, I did get long-term experience with them.
smily_headphones1.gif

In terms of the customer-buying experience, I can also say that CIAudio is better than HeadAmp. I waited at most hours for response to e-mail, and only 1 day for the amp to ship.

Jul 1, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I owned both of those before and while I won't be able to make a direct comparison, I did get long-term experience with them.
smily_headphones1.gif

In terms of the customer-buying experience, I can also say that CIAudio is better than HeadAmp. I waited at most hours for response to e-mail, and only 1 day for the amp to ship.

Crossing my fingers that you do a comparison!
biggrin.gif

Good to know that the customer service is great.

I've been reading and reading head-fi for almost a year now and have yet to pick what would be my first home headphone amp. Hopefully, after your review, I might just decide
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crossing my fingers that you do a comparison!
biggrin.gif

Good to know that the customer service is great.

I've been reading and reading head-fi for almost a year now and have yet to pick what would be my first home headphone amp. Hopefully, after your review, I might just decide
biggrin.gif

the down side about the VHP2 for us Aussies at least, is that you have to buy the PSU as well as the amp to use it in Australia ):

Jul 3, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the down side about the VHP2 for us Aussies at least, is that you have to buy the PSU as well as the amp to use it in Australia ):

Yep, I know that. I don't really mind since the price is in my budget. Well anything summing up to less than AUD$1000 is in my budget. Taxes and stuff.
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #15 of 30
WOOT! Looking forward to it! What's the MSRP of those beasts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back