Christmas Gift for sisters..
Dec 18, 2007 at 8:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

davidw89

100+ Head-Fier
Need some recommendation guys..for my two sisters. Reason being is that a present is long overdue and she needs a good one (overhead them complaining).

Must be:
1. sexy looking for girls (not guys...it seems this high end market is targeted toward males
frown.gif
)
2. noise cancelling (on the run, train, bus etc)
3. not too expensive, lets keep it under $200..but i will consider more expensive ones.
4. decent quality..not too shabby..but the look is more important
tongue.gif

5. now this maybe a bit bias but pink cuz girls like pink?
6. my sis are 18 and the other one is 20
cheers

Dec 18, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #2 of 11
Maybe THIS THREAD will give u some ideas.

Definitely some color, I dunno about pink.

If noise isolation paramount, I would look at IEM. Personally hate active noise cancelling (doesn't work all the time, extra bulk, battery worry, ay).

After reading the above thread, warn them about that perv with the phone pointing at them!
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:29 AM Post #3 of 11
Did you want one at $200 or 2 at $100 each? Also, by noise canceling did you mean isolation/closed back or actual active noise canceling?

If you only want the traditional over-the-head style, the Audio Technica ES7 is probably the "sexiest" in terms of looks, especially because of that mirror finish. the sound quality is excellent as well.

If you would consider IEM's, the Jays d-Jays and Jays q-Jays are both very pleasing to the eye, and can probably be described as "cute". Sound quality from those are also pretty excellent.

Good luck with the gift shopping and happy holidays!

Dec 18, 2007 at 11:36 AM Post #4 of 11
Probably $100 each
Forgot to mention that it has to be an earbud/ear canal one..not those think bulk around your ear thingy..like the Audio-Technica ATH-ES7
frown.gif

Jays q-Jays =great but a little bit too expensive...need something cheaper. I haven't even found a store that ships internationally yet.

Dec 18, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 11
I've seen girls with Vmoda Vibes, they seem to favor them, the metal accessorizes. I just wanna tell them... they sound bad uh?

The djays then.

Dec 18, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #9 of 11
Where do you need the earphones to be shipped to, David? If they would rather have an IEM less than or equal to $100 then I'd suggest the Jays d-Jays or j-Jays. Audiocubes.com ships worldwide, so you can get them there.

Otherwise, you could perhaps try the V-Moda Vibes as jsmithepa suggested. Are you able to get shipping from any of the Amazon international sites? Welcome to Amazon.com International Sites

Happy Holidays!

Dec 18, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #11 of 11
I'd agree that IEMs are often not what non-audiophiles want to wear, but earbuds often don't give you isolation/noise reduction, so you may have to make a judgment call.

If you want earbuds, another good candidate is the Yuin PK2. Good sound quality, but not much isolation from outside noise. I don't think there is color choice (black), but it does come in a nice little wood box.

For IEMs at your price level, the Jays d-jays mentioned is a good option as is the Etymotic 6i. For the latter, you can order some Shure black foam sleeves (look like a black olive that has been cut in half) which are substantially more comfortable than the sleeves that come with the Etys IMO and cost about $15 for 5 pairs. The Jays & Etys come in white (sorry no pink), & both should be fine without external amplifiers. You should be able to search the forum & find some comparisons on sound. I haven't heard them, but Sennheiser has limited edition pink IEMs in your price range (CX300 Pink) that I recall people saying were decent for the price. They donate some portion to a breast cancer charity.

If you decide to reconsider traditional closed cans, besides looks there is a greater disparity in the sq of the choices and it would probably be best if you indicated what kind of music they listened to and whether or not they would like a particular sound (e.g., a bit bass heavy) as for your price range there is almost certainly going to be a coloration to the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back