Christmas day weather in your part of the world?
Dec 25, 2007 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
Quite independently of today being Christmas, but coincidentally timed in a manner that will rub it in nicely, I've decided to add a link to my signature that provides live updates every 10 minutes to the weather in Grand Cayman, just in case anyone ever decides that they would like to stop by for a listening session.

At the moment, it's 89.1 degrees here, clear skies, and a gentle ocean breeze. It would be a nice day for a scooter ride like I did last night as Santa, but I'm flying out to this afternoon to take a "break" from my rough life here!

Virtual Weather Station Local Weather Conditions

So what does it look like outside where you're at?
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 25, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 38
Wayne, you're nasty.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's officially just below freezing here but the wind chill makes it feel like 23 F.
There's still some snow on the ground from the big storm we had last week and it's a little overcast but the sun is peaking through. Not bad for Canada in late December I guess. I wouldn't recommend a scooter ride, but it would be a nice day to snowmobile.

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 38
On Saturday a passing cold front gave us about an inch and a half of "heart attack" snow; should have been pumped rather than shoveled but won't throw for beans. The residue from this provides a layer of ice under everything that has not melted yet and is slicker than goose doo-doo.
eek.gif
Then on Sunday afternoon while in the teens (F), we were lucky enough to be on the east side of a pocket of heavy powder; most of the area got two inches and we got six with 40MPH winds. Snowblew nicely except into the wind, which is where I had to blow it.
mad.gif
Yesterday was digging out and the spaniel girls and I did our mile last night breaking trail. Good exercise. Now it's a crystaline winter morning in the low double digits (F) and really quite lovely.

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #5 of 38
Just above freezing here with a chance of rain...

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #7 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wayne, you're nasty.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now why would you say that, Mike? Up to 90.5 now...
biggrin.gif

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #9 of 38
Well, it's about 60 degrees and should reach 70. It is sunny and clear out. 29% humidity.

About what you'd expect for a winter day in Southern California.

How's the humidity in Grand Cayman, Wayne?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #14 of 38
Pleasantly mild. There's a little bit of cloud cover but the temperature only seems to be a couple of degrees below zero.

Dec 25, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #15 of 38
In south western Ontario, it's about -3C, (-8C with wind chill), clear & sunny and still lots of snow left on the ground from prior snow storms.

Waiting for my DV 337 to keep me warm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back