Chord Mojo vs Oppo HA-2
Nov 5, 2015 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nigel801

500+ Head-Fier
I am torned between the two to decide which one to go for unfortunately I live in a area where I cannot demo the both, I have hifiman he-500, shure se535 and Oppo pm-3 and for portable use I will be using it mostly with Shure and Oppo hence need to know which one to go for, has anyone had the chance to compare the two and also with anyone of the HPs I listed, could you please help me share your experience.

Many Thanks.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 10
I had used the HA-2 with the PM-3 some months. I was very glad.
When I try the HA-2 with twoo PASS 260.5 and B&W 801 in my auditorium, I heard that the voices are a little to far and not very like i know its since 1979.
The bass are a little to colored.
This new dac decide me to by a new one for my auditorium.

So i turn my attention to the Chord Dave. Strangely in october, in Belgium, it was difficult to find Chord DAC to ears.
And I understand Why in the middle of this month: The Mojo.

I had receved the Mojo a day and sail the HA-2 the day after.

My wife listen to it on the B&W and directly says me: The voices are 300% better.
The percussions are great. Very very precise. Very clear.
I know my loudspeakers since 1979. They are never played the KODO so good.
http://www.amazon.com/Heartbeat-Drummers-Audiophile-Reference-Series/dp/B0000009FE
I listen the China vynil album of Vangelis  since 1979 with SME arm and shure type 4.
I play the CD on the Marantz CD94 since the beginning of compact disk.
With the Mojo, I listen now what Vangelis had composed 35 years ago.

Each time i see the 200 gr of Mojo between my 2 amplifiers ( 28 kg each) i am thinking: How is it possible?

The Mojo works very well with the PM-3 and the HD600.

I hope this help.

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #6 of 10
How about Chord Mojo vs Woo WA8 Eclipse?

Based on the price, WA8 should sound 4x better!

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #7 of 10
The chord mojo is pricey but for a reason, it is one of the best portable headphone amps available it is very loud and I would go so far to say it beats most desktop amps as well. but that stuff doesn't matter because the chord mojo has marbles it is worth the money just so you can play with the marbles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back