Chord Mojo vs IFI Micro IDSD Black Label
Mar 26, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 10
I've got the BL, compared it to the Mojo loads of times.

Mojo is warmer, sounds a bit rolled-off. BL is more versatile, sounds more like a reference item, better battery-life and WAAAYYYY more power. For portability the Mojo would probably be the way to go. For a mix of desktop use and portability the iDSD is better suited.

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #4 of 10
I have had both since the BL came out. Originally thought I would keep the one I like better, but still have them both. They each have their strengths that make them hard to let go of.

The Mojo is the more articulated one. Immensely clean and detailed. But yes, as Theo noted, it does come off as warm. I like using a silver cable with it. The reason I like going back to the BL is because it has a fuller, more surrounding sound. I dunno if it's the amp, but it makes my SE846 sound more like stereo speakers. The space of the Mojo is undoubtedly smaller. However, the Mojo has high ranks for its musicality (but the BL isn't far behind). Notes finish more crisply and tightly than on the BL, while the BL has more impact. If you want to be moved, it's definitely the BL. If you want more accuracy, it's the Mojo.

Hope this helps. Tough decision!

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #5 of 10
I have the Chord and I'm pretty happy with it. But, it does not have analog in which can be limiting. I wish I had the BL at times. But yeah, you should get both :p

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 10
I have the Chord and I'm pretty happy with it. But, it does not have analog in which can be limiting. I wish I had the BL at times. But yeah, you should get both :p
The BL analog in is an afterthought, decoration. It is meant for an ipod or something, it clips on anything more than very low output.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #7 of 10
The BL analog in is an afterthought, decoration. It is meant for an ipod or something, it clips on anything more than very low output.

I have never heard that before!

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #8 of 10
I have never heard that before!
Clipping at >0.6V input. Average dongle outputs 0.8-0.9V, average DAC 2.0V. So it is pretty crappy analog input, it is definitely meant to be used as combo unit NOT as amp standalone. I also owned one and the input sounds NOT good.

index.php

Jul 8, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #9 of 10
I currently have the Chord Mojo and im interested in getting an iFi iDSD Micro Black Label...

I'm actually having a hard time trying to find a Micro Black Label for sale so it must be a great product!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back