Chord Mojo upgrade from Sony PHA-3
post-15176717
Post #1 of 2

jacksontran41

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am currently using my Senn HD800 with Sony PHA-3, so far I do enjoy it. I’ve been wanting to buy something from Chord for a while due to their high reputation for extraordinary quality. Hugo 2 is somewhat overpriced for my budget right now, I am leaning more towards Mojo and Poly. The Mojo retails for half the price of the Sony PHA-3, so maybe it’s not wise to get it? Any recommendations from Mojo owners or both owners would be much appreciated! Thanks guys!

post-15176735
Post #2 of 2

thecrow

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I owned the pha3 for a while and really enjoyed it. Clean and detailed sound and honest/neutral sound.

I demoed the mojo thoroughly twice trying to enjoy it but as a dac/amp i found it a little too congested and not as open as the pha3.

However i did hear it as a dac with a schiit magni for an lcdx and that worked really well so perhaps it was the amp part that i found lacking.

I think the pha3 is a cracker

Also....
With the hd800 though i have found the alo continental dual mono comes up really well.
https://www.headphone.guru/the-alo-continental-dual-mono/

Just quietly i am selling mine but that is not the reason for this post. The reason i am selling it is it works well as a transportable but not a portable especially with an iphone that needs extra cables (ie cck)

All the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)