Chord Mojo or Schiit Multibit
Feb 2, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #61 of 68
It's called sarcasm.

Duh...

Acoustic environment plays a huge role in how we perceive tone so strict accuracy may be an unobtainable goal.

Tonal balance is not a factor for me because parametric equalizers exist. (And, as I mentioned, even the cheapest electronics can measure as perfectly neutral.)

For any piece of audio gear, what I care about is technical performance. (The things that cannot be fixed with EQ.)

The point is that each component has varying degrees of accuracy that can be measured, and I am interested in what measures best in all areas.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #62 of 68
You might wanna clean the kool-aid stains off of your scalp. And your condescension is dripping all over me; slowed not a bit by your arrogance.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #63 of 68
I ve been using mojo for 6 months, mimby for 1 week. As dacs feeding amps, i feel mimby edges out the mojo. Mimby offers blacker background, better extension, more soundstage and separation. All very very subtle though. Mojo sounds richer and more forward in lower mid/upper bass region. Subjectively i feel mimby sounds more even and composed. Again very subtle difference.

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #64 of 68
I have the mimby/magni3 stack and have spent a lot of time with the Mojo (and Hugo 2) as well. The Mojo sounds reserved (or darker) with thinner highs than mimby, and as such, I'll take Mimby over Mojo every time. It would be interesting to try the Mojo through the Magni3 and compare from there.

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #65 of 68
I have the mimby/magni3 stack and have spent a lot of time with the Mojo (and Hugo 2) as well. The Mojo sounds reserved (or darker) with thinner highs than mimby, and as such, I'll take Mimby over Mojo every time. It would be interesting to try the Mojo through the Magni3 and compare from there.
would like to know the result of that experiment :)

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #67 of 68
Actually, since the amplification in Chord DAC/amps is in the DAC's analog output stage and is cleaner than even the line outs of conventional DACs, you generally get more accuracy and transparency driving headphones (and even sensitive passive speakers via the right cable) directly from it. This has been the experience of many, including myself. Some prefer an external amp, of course, and whether you perceive more detail from direct drive or an external amp depends on many factors. The Mojo has enough power to drive nearly any headphone, though. When driving the HD 800, I heard almost no difference between the Mojo and $4,300 430HAD. The extra power of more powerful amps is rarely ever used unless we're talking about very hard-to-drive headphones.

Overall, I heard more of an improvement from the Mojo compared to other electronics when driving headphones directly from it rather than using an external amp (whether with headphones or speakers).

Ok. Let me get this straight, since Chord circuits are still voodoo to me, while I have taken most of my mostly mid-fi gear apart over the years, and done things to improve power supplies and output stages, and had learned a lot by studying the circuits with the printed schematics in hand.

Where we would normally have two op amps after the DAC (one per channel) to convert from current to voltage, ultimately feeding a Class A voltage mode amplifier, the Chord units have done away with both steps, and have combined them somehow?

I don't see how adding an extra unnecessary set of op-amps to a circuit would do anything to improve the sound, so I would imagine that there would be a large advantage to using Chord combo units provided that they offer enough power for the application.

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #68 of 68
I ve been using mojo for 6 months, mimby for 1 week. As dacs feeding amps, i feel mimby edges out the mojo. Mimby offers blacker background, better extension, more soundstage and separation. All very very subtle though. Mojo sounds richer and more forward in lower mid/upper bass region. Subjectively i feel mimby sounds more even and composed. Again very subtle difference.

I totally agree here, That is why the Mojo is best (better than the minby) when paired with an headphone that has a huge soundstage and lower midrange. If you have a Beyerdynamic you need a Mojo more than a mimby. For other headphones the mimby is better.
I tested the Focal Spirit Pro that have a similar sound signature than a DT770, works great with the Mojo as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back