Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Aug 14, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #301 of 1,068
I just bought a Mojo and the only way it pairs with my Sony Xperia Z5 is to restart the phone while connected to the Mojo.Anyone else have this problem?

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #303 of 1,068
I just bought a Mojo and the only way it pairs with my Sony Xperia Z5 is to restart the phone while connected to the Mojo.Anyone else have this problem?

I noticed with my GOV2 that my phone wanted the GOV2 connected to the OTG cable first, and then OTG plugged in to the phone, not OTG into phone and then GOV2 into OTG. You'd think it wouldn't matter, but it did. Try mucking with your connection sequence and see if that helps...

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #304 of 1,068
Hi friends
Just got a X5 2nd Gen and I'm unable to connect it to my Chord Mojo using either Fiio L16,L17 or L21 cables can any one pl suggest what I'm doing wrong.
Regards

Please see the section on connecting Mojo to your device, via co-axial, in post #3 (in the main Mojo thread)

The X3ii, x5ii, and X7 do not use the same contacts on the digital-output, as the first generation X3 and X5

Therefore, you need a TRRS plug, at the DAP end, wired as clearly illustrated in post #3.

The Mojo end does not need TRRS, but it's all illustrated in post #3

beerchug.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #305 of 1,068
I noticed with my GOV2 that my phone wanted the GOV2 connected to the OTG cable first, and then OTG plugged in to the phone, not OTG into phone and then GOV2 into OTG. You'd think it wouldn't matter, but it did. Try mucking with your connection sequence and see if that helps...

I got instructions from Chord on how to fix this.
Settings>device connection>USB connectivity>detect USB device

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #306 of 1,068
Anyone have any clever ideas for covering the colorballs in a non-destructive manner? I use it at work and the colorballs draw too much attention to themselves when I have the Mojo out on my desk.

Chord: can you enable a stealth mode setting to have the unit on, but have NO light shining in the balls?

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #307 of 1,068
Anyone have any clever ideas for covering the colorballs in a non-destructive manner? I use it at work and the colorballs draw too much attention to themselves when I have the Mojo out on my desk.

Chord: can you enable a stealth mode setting to have the unit on, but have NO light shining in the balls?

There is a dimmer mode, but not no light at all.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/270#post_11995598

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #308 of 1,068
Aug 18, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #309 of 1,068
Aug 18, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #310 of 1,068
Hahaha! The mice approve of this message.

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #311 of 1,068
They only need to be there when Mojo's there.

You don't leave Mojo all alone on your office desk, when you go home, from work, do you?
tongue_smile.gif

In all seriousness, why can't you just put Mojo inside the box of a deck of cards (I would say a cigarette packet, but that might draw disapproving attention).

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #313 of 1,068
I don't know what your desk looks like - is it possible to place the Mojo in a desk draw?

Alternatively some users post that having people come up to them and ask about their Mojo, is a great way to meet new friends.

I just have a flat expanse of wood for a desktop and no drawers. Only practical place to have the Mojo is on the desktop (because I tend to bump volume up and down between songs a lot).

I prefer to avoid as much attention as possible for my high-value, easily transportable and concealable items. Once normal people (non - audiophiles) find out how much this stuff costs, they aren't thinking "what great sound", they are thinking "holy crap, that guy has $1500 sitting on his desk".

Don't get me wrong, I work with great folks, but like they say "good fences make good neighbors." Best to keep this kind of thing discreet.

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #314 of 1,068
Aug 19, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #315 of 1,068
I just got my Mojo and have the problem with the first half-second of a track is cut off.  It happens on a MacBook Pro with iTunes, Tidal, Spotify, and Vox!!!

Chord really needs to provide a firmware update to fix this.  I don't have this problem with any other DAC.

Also, I noticed clicking sound when scrolling my trackpad in Safari.  I dropped the sampling rate in the Audio/MIDI Setup and that corrected the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back