Chord Mojo - in 2020?
Nov 2, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #46 of 67
Nov 2, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #47 of 67
Thanks, this doesn't help. I need a source in the EU so I'll check with Chord. And I don't know whether the battery from that site is official or just happens to work.
Strange statement. If the battery has the same specs and it fits, why isn't that the same as official? Chord buys them from China anyway. They don't manufacture them.

That's like replacing the battery in your Roku remote and only purchasing the batteries from Roku instead of Costco.

If you want to resell your Mojo, disclose that you replaced the battery and disclose the vendor. The purchaser will appreciate that they can get replacements at that price.

Nov 2, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #48 of 67
Strange statement. If the battery has the same specs and it fits, why isn't that the same as official? Chord buys them from China anyway. They don't manufacture them.

That's like replacing the battery in your Roku remote and only purchasing the batteries from Roku instead of Costco.

If you want to resell your Mojo, disclose that you replaced the battery and disclose the vendor. The purchaser will appreciate that they can get replacements at that price.
How do we know it has the same specs? Sure I agree all the batteries in the world probably come from 3 factories but still, Chord should be getting good stuff because of their reputation. No-brand battery, if it goes dead or blows up, no loss of reputation.

Of course I will explain that the battery is replaced if I sell it.

Nov 2, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #49 of 67
I reviewed the Mojo during the intial review tour and I regretted not buying it back then. My one and only gripe is that it does not have a defacto "desktop mode." For obvious reasons I am hesitant to leave the unit always plugged due to battery issues. Turns out it might be possible to run in always plugged in without the battery inside. I might try buying a used unit with a crappy battery and try that, sure as heck not trying that with a new unit and messing up my warranty lol. The mojo is an awesome sounding unit and honestly the price is super competitive these days, always gets a lot of love, just not as much buzz given its age.

I do hope a successor is in the works, USB C all the things!
Be nice to also include proper RCA outs, but that might hurt sales up above I’m guessing?

Nov 2, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #50 of 67
It would be nice if Chord implemented Tidal Connect into the Poly.

Nov 4, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #52 of 67
Indeed, RCA outputs would be nice to have, FWIW it is possible to get a line level signal out from the mojo (I recall something to that effect from the manual but it has been awhile).
Yes, actually it's higher than line level but did real well with various setups I tried.

You have to hold down both volume balls while turning it on, and it takes a few tries to catch it just right. When it is set both volume balls go blue, please, no jokes, I didn't invent this. It says somewhere in the doc that it will reset the next time you turn it off and on again so you don't blow your brains out but in my usage it remained set. Be really really careful if you use yours for both IEM/heaphones and in lineout mode from time to time. If it doesn't work, check the Chord Mojo megathread here. That's where I found it.

Nov 22, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #53 of 67
I've got to admit that I was sceptical of the mojo at first and thought it might be showing its age but I am loving it at the minute. Has a really full natural warm sound when compared to my SU-8 THX 789 combo. I either connect it via USB to by intel nuc running roon rock or use the toslink out of the chromecast audio if I am moving around the house.

Nov 22, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #54 of 67
It's time for an update to the Mojo. It needs to support MQA and the Poly needs to support Tidal connect. The USB micro ports need to be replaced by USB-C. And, it needs to have a switch that enables desktop mode to relieve pressure off the battery. It would be nice if it had balanced output, too. It really is time for Mojo 2.

Nov 22, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #55 of 67
It's time for an update to the Mojo. It needs to support MQA and the Poly needs to support Tidal connect. The USB micro ports need to be replaced by USB-C. And, it needs to have a switch that enables desktop mode to relieve pressure off the battery. It would be nice if it had balanced output, too. It really is time for Mojo 2.

I can't argue with any of that.

Dec 3, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #57 of 67
I just wish using it with iOS devices didnt involve so many cables, love the aesthetics otherwise!

Dec 4, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #58 of 67

+1

Penta 4,4 mm connection might also be a nice thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back