Chord Mojo - in 2020?
Jul 7, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #31 of 67
Jul 7, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #32 of 67
Jul 7, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #33 of 67
even so, the battery will still crap out on you - with a failed LiPo in the case, I'm not sure I'd want to keep powering it - they have a habit of burning up!

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #34 of 67
even so, the battery will still crap out on you - with a failed LiPo in the case, I'm not sure I'd want to keep powering it - they have a habit of burning up!

Ah thanks, you're right. I forgot about that. The battery in mine is not strictly dead. It doesn't last for long when unplugged. There will be a dandy lawsuit if there is a fire though.

Sep 7, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #37 of 67
I read here a few posts that said the battery really is easily replaced. Probably the issue is they sell 5 trillion models of every cellphone and only a few hundred thousand Mojos. Probably harder to buy the battery than to install it.

Sep 7, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #38 of 67
The batteries, like in most cell phones, in these things should be designed for easy replaceability, then I’d consider it a bargain,
Yeah, like in Apple phones and now... in almost every cellular phone. A new ROHS recycling standard .LOL.

You didn't tell Apple, did you? And in result this disease spreads away to any consumer gadget: laptops (Microsoft Surface) or Chord. :wink:

Oct 31, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #39 of 67
Nov 2, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #40 of 67
I reviewed the Mojo during the intial review tour and I regretted not buying it back then. My one and only gripe is that it does not have a defacto "desktop mode." For obvious reasons I am hesitant to leave the unit always plugged due to battery issues. Turns out it might be possible to run in always plugged in without the battery inside. I might try buying a used unit with a crappy battery and try that, sure as heck not trying that with a new unit and messing up my warranty lol. The mojo is an awesome sounding unit and honestly the price is super competitive these days, always gets a lot of love, just not as much buzz given its age.

I do hope a successor is in the works, USB C all the things!

Nov 2, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #41 of 67
I read here a few posts that said the battery really is easily replaced. Probably the issue is they sell 5 trillion models of every cellphone and only a few hundred thousand Mojos. Probably harder to buy the battery than to install it.
yeah, I have a Mojo and I didn't buy one until I could find a source for replacement batteries. I found 2 or 3 and the price is decent. Around $40. It's not hard to change the battery. There are videos that explain it very nicely. You can indeed run the Mojo in desktop mode simply by taking out the battery.

I just added a Poly to my Mojo that I got from another Head fier this week. It works great and was not that hard to set up with my iPhone. Now, it works and sounds brilliantly. I compared it a/b to my BTR5 and the Mojo/Poly blows it away. When I get home, I am going to set it up like a streamer to see if I can approach Bluesound Node 2i quality.

Nov 2, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #42 of 67
yeah, I have a Mojo and I didn't buy one until I could find a source for replacement batteries. I found 2 or 3 and the price is decent. Around $40. It's not hard to change the battery. There are videos that explain it very nicely. You can indeed run the Mojo in desktop mode simply by taking out the battery.

I just added a Poly to my Mojo that I got from another Head fier this week. It works great and was not that hard to set up with my iPhone. Now, it works and sounds brilliantly. I compared it a/b to my BTR5 and the Mojo/Poly blows it away. When I get home, I am going to set it up like a streamer to see if I can approach Bluesound Node 2i quality.
Nice price, I wonder if it's possible to get a battery for that price here in EU.

I will box up my Mojo and probably sell it when I get it back to 100%.

Nov 2, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #43 of 67
Nice price, I wonder if it's possible to get a battery for that price here in EU.

I will box up my Mojo and probably sell it when I get it back to 100%.
contact the vendor and see if they will ship it to you. I see someone posted one of the sources I found.

Nov 2, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #44 of 67
Nov 2, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #45 of 67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back