Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 21, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #42,211 of 42,759
I have 4 DACs - Mojo (during travel), Hugo 2 (end of the day when travelling + nice backup at home - for example my TT2 was out for warranty repair some weeks), TT2 (main, end-game for me), RME ADI-2 FS (driving my Stax - Baby Orpehus HE-60 which needs a bit of EQ, plus other limited EQ cases like HD-540).

Will I add the Mojo 2 to this list? Probably not in the first year after release.
First year of release? That's a good idea. The battery problem from the Mojo 1 is what might be stopping me. I hope the battery drain design gets resolved for the Mojo 2.

Oh yeah I forgot: do you use hardware or software for EQ? If hardware have you considered the Schiit Loki?

Jan 21, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #42,213 of 42,759
First year of release? That's a good idea. The battery problem from the Mojo 1 is what might be stopping me. I hope the battery drain design gets resolved for the Mojo 2.

Oh yeah I forgot: do you use hardware or software for EQ? If hardware have you considered the Schiit Loki?

Yes, since I really don't have a pressing need for another unit, why not wait to make sure all/any new product kinks are worked out.

As for EQ - I use the RME ADI-2's parametric EQ. (see - www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEGwB88U8fI&t=134s)

I owned the Loki Mini twice. I opted to sell it because I only use EQ on two of my less used headphones and my desk space is already limited. If you own Sennheiser 6-series and ZMFs, IMHO EQ is not needed.

Jan 22, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #42,214 of 42,759
Two Mojos eh? Weird question: any difference between the two?
I have never noticed any difference, but I don't use them very often.
I bought the first, a few months after Mojo started shipping
I bought the second as part of a MojoPoly presentation pack that was being sold at a good discount in an annual sale - in effect I was getting this Mojo for approx the same price as a spare battery.

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #42,215 of 42,759
Huh, Chord just told me the shipping to and fro takes too long. The American distributor, The Sound Organization, told me 115 for the replacement service. I replied asking them about the cost for just the battery :sweat_smile:

Damn, $115 bux, I’m in the UK and for a new battery direct from Chord, it was only £35.

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #42,216 of 42,759
Damn, $115 bux, I’m in the UK and for a new battery direct from Chord, it was only £35.
You could probably do ok export Mojo batteries through global-e or some similar service

Jan 25, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #42,217 of 42,759
It was the same price here but for some reason -from what I can tell- Chord stopped selling the battery as a user serviceable single unit. The mojo has to be shipped to a Chord distributor now. Again, this is what it feels like.

I think these changes might be preparation for the Mojo 2 warranty service.

I don't remember how Chord handled the warranty service with the battery problems for the Mojo 1 but I wouldn't be surprised if there were various warranty service problems as the battery failure issue felt unexpected.

Jan 25, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #42,218 of 42,759
It was the same price here but for some reason -from what I can tell- Chord stopped selling the battery as a user serviceable single unit. The mojo has to be shipped to a Chord distributor now. Again, this is what it feels like.

I think these changes might be preparation for the Mojo 2 warranty service.

I don't remember how Chord handled the warranty service with the battery problems for the Mojo 1 but I wouldn't be surprised if there were various warranty service problems as the battery failure issue felt unexpected.
I've been too lazy but I'll eventually post mine here on the forums for sale. Battery is pretty much dead but it runs fine off a phone charger.

Jan 25, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #42,220 of 42,759
Best source for available replacement batteries in USA? I am due.
just search this thread.
there are batteries from Aliexpress , that I have used now for months, they are decent and cheap. Almost as good as original .
just get the one recommended .

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #42,221 of 42,759
C6929319-A4FE-4D6A-B730-FA4EB2E19154.jpeg

Jan 25, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #42,223 of 42,759
Quickly? Ebay. Otherwise, you have to send it to sound organization for 115 plus shipping.

There is also aliexpress which arrives sometime in april if you order today.
Alixpress is a bit of hit and miss (mostly miss)., I got mine in two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back