Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 10, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #41,986 of 42,759
After much deliberation and searching and trying out various solutions, it transpired that the mojo usb was causing problems with the connection, it was not the cable itself but the socket it plugs into, i discovered that if i pushed the cable upwards it worked fine so i have wedged a piece of cardboard between the leather case and the cable to give it an upward lift permanently - how long before the socket stops working completely i do not know.

thanks for all you ideas and help

d
I knew it was the connection! but I was thinking cable.
Software, windows, drivers were the least likely culprits.
Your issue is very easily remedied - take it to someone who has a hot-air soldering station. A computer repair shop, TV repair shop, etc.
They can reflow the soldering in 5 mins.
If you are in London, PM me, I'll do it for you.
If you carry on using it as you are, you might crack the connections on the board, and then it would be a bigger job.
Do it now, before it gets worse.
Have you dropped Chord a line?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #41,988 of 42,759
After much deliberation and searching and trying out various solutions, it transpired that the mojo usb was causing problems with the connection, it was not the cable itself but the socket it plugs into, i discovered that if i pushed the cable upwards it worked fine so i have wedged a piece of cardboard between the leather case and the cable to give it an upward lift permanently - how long before the socket stops working completely i do not know.

d
Did you try with different cables?
I have had to change cables several times, because the micro-USB connector on the cable got somehow loose, but the socket on the Mojo has held up better than expected. Every time I got a new cable, the connection was tight and nothing wobbled any more.

Oct 12, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #41,989 of 42,759
Oct 12, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #41,991 of 42,759

d

Yeah as other have said, try another cable before you conclude it's the socket.

Mojo would also be lost to the computer after the computer goes to sleep. The way around it after hibernation, is restart the media centre like JRiver. Restart web-browser if you are using sound in webpages. USB needs to re-establish the USB handshake after PC has been asleep.

Oct 25, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #41,993 of 42,759
I recently bought the Chord Mojo and been using it to listed to DSD with the Sure KSE1500. It sounds superb. Actually, I can hear imperfections in the recordin
Are you saying that Mojo's output into line-in on the dedicated Shure energizer/DAC sounds better than direct digital into Shure?
Or are you saying DSD sounds good through your Shure system, because the Shure is not compatible with DSD?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #41,994 of 42,759
I can't tell difference between the Mojo and the Shure KSA1500 DAC. What software do you use to play DSD with Mojo on the MacOS? I have older version of Audirvana it doesn't seem to support the highest frequency that the Mojo supports

Oct 25, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #41,995 of 42,759
I can't tell difference between the Mojo and the Shure KSA1500 DAC. What software do you use to play DSD with Mojo on the MacOS? I have older version of Audirvana it doesn't seem to support the highest frequency that the Mojo supports
MacOS? sacrilege ! 😠
jRiver on windows or Neutron on Android. Either can go all the way to what Mojo can handle.
My question was/is , on PCM material, do you prefer Shure DAC or Mojo?

Oct 25, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #41,996 of 42,759
Heard Paul McGowan from PS Audio uses Audirvana on MacOS. And he uses DSD and Qobuz for sure.

If it does not play certain sample rates to Mojo, you could probably contact Audirvana support and ask how it is. If you are using highest sample rate that Mojo supports 768khz, that means you upsample ? So either way contacting their support is the best way as i see it.

Oct 25, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #41,997 of 42,759
The latest version of Adirvana definitely plays all the data rates the Mojo supports. Via usb.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #41,998 of 42,759
I saw a post a while ago asking for earphones for the Mojo.

For relatively little money the AKG N40 have excellent synergy. The N40 were £350 when new, and can be found for as little as £150. They are discontinued though now so while they became cheap, they may be hard to source.

The N40 signature is neutral so the Mojo does all the lifting, and the N40 don't colour it. It means you get the Mojo pure and simple. The N40 detail level is very good for what can be found for reasonably little money.

Yes the N40 not going to compete with new £800 Sennheisers for detail, or likely any other audio quality. I have not heard those new Sennheisers, but for synergy alone, the Mojo and N40 are made for each other.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #42,000 of 42,759
Don't know about your link, if it is the same as I had mentioned earlier (actually from @Julius Decimus I believe), then it behaves good.
I have had it in my Mojo since I last reported.
It charges fine, does not heat up, I get normal play time from it, though I do not time it any more, but last time I did, I got (USB) 8+ hours feeding my not-so-efficient Hifiman Sundara's.
I reckon one would get more play time with efficient headphones/IEMs and not using USB (for some reason Mojo uses a little more power on USB input).
Overall, nothing bad to report - it is working fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back