Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 12, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #41,491 of 42,759
is their a new mojo to be released soon
There are dealer rumours, but no confirmed facts.
Chord have posted about the release of a mobile product this year, but whether this means mojo2, a streamer, or a dap, or something else, is unknown.
Sorry for the uncertainty, but given we are halfway through the year, the window of opportunity is reducing.

Jun 12, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #41,492 of 42,759
The temptation to order a poly is huge, I thought It would be easier to simply wait haha hopefully we'll know more about future products soon... Definitely don't want that buyer's remorse!

Jun 17, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #41,496 of 42,759
Jun 17, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #41,499 of 42,759
I do love my mojo and it's definitely not piling dust (I'm using it as I'm writing this) but I believe that chord should refresh the unit... it is a bang for your buck in audio quality though it lacks in some areas that would be good to see an upgrade.

To say some, the USB picks a lot of noise from time to time, the unit runs really hot, the battery should definitely be upgraded in some way and those are just the issues that I've found. Chord has produced a timeless piece in terms of performance but the reliebility... Well, that's another story. Still, and this might come controversial, price vs performance there is not a lot to complain about.

Jun 17, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #41,500 of 42,759
Still enjoying mine.

Not sure how it's been "left in the dust".

Well, just look at any modern similarly priced dap, build functionality, and dare I say it sound quality. I was fortunate enough to recently obtain a Fiio M11 plus ltd. I have also owned a Mojo so I do know what I am talking about. Comparing the two is like comparing a sixties VW Beetle to a modern Porsche 911. And yes, in addition to better build, functionality that is on another planet and far superior sound quality the M11 barely costs more than a Mojo.
You can still happily enjoy the Mojo you have, but should you buy a new one? I have to say that to me that idea is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #41,501 of 42,759
Well, just look at any modern similarly priced dap, build functionality, and dare I say it sound quality. I was fortunate enough to recently obtain a Fiio M11 plus ltd. I have also owned a Mojo so I do know what I am talking about. Comparing the two is like comparing a sixties VW Beetle to a modern Porsche 911. And yes, in addition to better build, functionality that is on another planet and far superior sound quality the M11 barely costs more than a Mojo.
You can still happily enjoy the Mojo you have, but should you buy a new one? I have to say that to me that idea is ridiculous.
The m11 looks like a good all in one player, but maybe the mojo is aimed at a slightly different market, “audiophiles”...
if the m11 sounded better then mojo, had a built in transport, then obviously it would be better...
I know I found out about the mojo as all the reviewers were saying it sounded the best (vs having the largest feature set).
I haven’t heard any other ones really, so what do I know.
But I suppose, I’ve had so many good times listening to mojo in work, I can’t complain, it totally slays the music coming out of a phone, and I can compare it to my tt2, and obviously tt2 is in another league, but mojo still hits the spot.

Jun 17, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #41,502 of 42,759
and far superior sound quality.
Is the SQ difference between the m11 and Mojo really that dramatic?
At this level i usually use words like splitting hairs, slight or noticeable to describe differences but not huge, massive, night & day or the second coming of Christ.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #41,503 of 42,759
Is it perhaps brighter, thus giving the impression of more details and treble extension vs the Mojo?

I found people who say certain gear sounds “better” than another, tend to prefer distortion that makes the music sound brighter and thus with the characteristics I’ve described above.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #41,504 of 42,759
Is the SQ difference between the M11 and Mojo really that dramatic?
At this level i usually use words like slight or noticeable to describe differences but not huge, massive, night & day, second coming of Christ, etc.
I doubt mojo is a Beatle, while Fiio is a Porsche !
compared to my phone's DAC , mojo is not a Porsche by a long shot.
these days to get better SQ from an average DAC , you need to spend a lot, and even then, it is not night and day.

Jun 17, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #41,505 of 42,759
I doubt mojo is a Beatle, while Fiio is a Porsche !
compared to my phone's DAC , mojo is not a Porsche by a long shot.
these days to get better SQ from an average DAC , you need to spend a lot, and even then, it is not night and day.
Well said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back