Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 12, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #40,457 of 42,765
Ha, I’d try the AC3 but I’m waiting on a 2020-2021 Vizio m55q8-h1 55“ tv. I have a AV receiver with a headphone jack that does dts-ma/truehd. Haven’t tried that before.

The Mojo doesn't decode the multi-channel bitstream soundtracks below and it doesnt downmix them to two channel either.

Dolby Digital
Dolby Digital+
Dolby TrueHD
Dolby Atmos
dts
dts-ES
dts 96/24
dts-HD High Res
dts-HD MA
dts: X

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #40,459 of 42,765
So what the hell is it turning it into when I’m using mpc-be or jriver wasapi? Sounds damn good really.

Your software probably converts it to PCM 2.0

Aug 12, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #40,460 of 42,765
Ha, I’d try the AC3 but I’m waiting on a 2020-2021 Vizio m55q8-h1 55“ tv. I have a AV receiver with a headphone jack that does dts-ma/truehd. Haven’t tried that before.

I don't get it, why is the purchase of a tv preventing you from listening to the AC3 track if you're already listening to the Dolby TrueHD 7.1 track and it sounds great?

Aug 12, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #40,464 of 42,765
If it converts it to pcm 2.0 wouldn’t it be lossless now over optical since it’s now 2 channels only? I’m still a little confused about this mixing stuff.

I could be right but i believe a lossless multi-channel 24-bit/96khz soundtrack would be downmixed to a lossy PCM 2.0 track at 48khz, not sure about the word length but yeah, lossy.

Edit: Take a look at the manual for the device doing the downmixing, there's usually a chart showing all the specs including downmixing.
In my experience downmixing is lossy.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #40,465 of 42,765
For people who might have lost the screws in Mojo. The screws Mojo uses are M1.6 x 6mm socket head screws.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #40,466 of 42,765
My Mojo came today but it doesn't behave the way I expected. I've googled quite a bit and can't seem to find a similar situation.

If I plug it in to charge when it is off, there is no white charging light. It does feel slightly warm so I assume charging is occurring, but I gave it a few hours and it isn't able to start when no power is connected.

If I plug it in to both power and data, the white charging light does come on, and it works.

I cannot boot it into line out mode (holding both + and -) when turning it on.

I guess I can let it charge more overnight- but is something up with this unit? It seems like something isn't working here.

Aug 15, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #40,467 of 42,765
My Mojo came today but it doesn't behave the way I expected. I've googled quite a bit and can't seem to find a similar situation.

If I plug it in to charge when it is off, there is no white charging light. It does feel slightly warm so I assume charging is occurring, but I gave it a few hours and it isn't able to start when no power is connected.

If I plug it in to both power and data, the white charging light does come on, and it works.

I guess I can let it charge more overnight- but is something up with this unit? It seems like something isn't working here.
Hey man, to boot it into line level mode, you need to unplug the power than turn it on while holding both column buttons. It’s because when you turn the unit off while the power plugged in, the unit doesn’t really shutdown, it’s more like a hibernation state. So if you turn it back on with power cable, it’s actually ‘wake up’, instead of boot up. This is not described in any documentation, I found out about this myself.

The charging issue, I don’t really know what’s going on. The device should get charged while only connecting power to the right micro USB port. I will try different cables to rule out cable problems first. If cables are Ok, then I recommend to do an exchange.

Aug 15, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #40,468 of 42,765
Hey man, to boot it into line level mode, you need to unplug the power than turn it on while holding both column buttons. It’s because when you turn the unit off while the power plugged in, the unit doesn’t really shutdown, it’s more like a hibernation state. So if you turn it back on with power cable, it’s actually ‘wake up’, instead of boot up. This is not described in any documentation, I found out about this myself.

The charging issue, I don’t really know what’s going on. The device should get charged while only connecting power to the right micro USB port. I will try different cables to rule out cable problems first. If cables are Ok, then I recommend to do an exchange.

Ah, cool! Yeah, I can get it to boot into the line level mode now. I unplug it, and when I replug it in I boot with both buttons pressed. Huh. The documentation on that feature sucks!

As for the battery, I'm still getting absolutely nothing. It just won't take any kind of charge, the USB LED shows nothing when it is plugged into a variety of different connections. I'm going to leave it plugged in overnight with a known working Apple iPad USB charger, and then figure out what to do tomorrow- I suspect it'll have to go back.

Aug 16, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #40,469 of 42,765

Without a doubt you have a faulty unit.

Mojo should charge showing white light under any circumstances unless the battery is full. After charging a few hours or for even a short while, it should power on.

There's only one thing to bear in mind. When you buy it new you need to charge for about ten hours to condition the battery. However the white light would be on for that.

Aug 16, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #40,470 of 42,765
Without a doubt you have a faulty unit.

Mojo should charge showing white light under any circumstances unless the battery is full. After charging a few hours or for even a short while, it should power on.

There's only one thing to bear in mind. When you buy it new you need to charge for about ten hours to condition the battery. However the white light would be on for that.

The white light is only on when it is plugged in.

Am I right in thinking that the battery may not be connected in this unit? It seems like it is behaving as if there is no battery at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back