Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 2, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #40,351 of 42,765
For me, it would be perfect if the Mojo 2 had perfect RF noise isolation from USB and a longer lasting battery.

That's my only big complaint really, that you need to buy additional shielding gear (shielded USB at the least for mobile devices, Jitterbug for PC/laptop) to hear the most potential of the Mojo's sound.

Just stock, the Mojo isn't as refined and analogue sounding as with the shielding.

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #40,352 of 42,765
Thank you, i look forward to your results as i am considering the battery diconnection/removal option myself.
I haven't noticed any difference at all, I tested many of my audio testing songs, and haven't noticed any difference. One by one with and without battery, and doing it again for other songs, for the Audeze LCD-3.

I'm now interested to test the HD650 from a friend next time, and see if there is any difference performance wise. :smile_phones:

Jun 3, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #40,353 of 42,765
I haven't noticed any difference at all, I tested many of my audio testing songs, and haven't noticed any difference. One by one with and without battery, and doing it again for other songs, for the Audeze LCD-3.

I'm now interested to test the HD650 from a friend next time, and see if there is any difference performance wise. :smile_phones:

Thank you for expediting this test, i truly appreciate it!
Makes me wonder how the Mojo is able to maintain the same level of performance and power output whether fed by 5V USB or the internal battery at 7.4V. Very valuable info!

Jun 3, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #40,354 of 42,765
I just got my chord mojo yesterday, i like this product even the battery life not so good as i expected but still no complained regarding sound quality

I just have question, when i charged my mojo with my powerbank (while powerbank also being charged) i can heard there's a slightly repeating "screeching sound" came out from my mojo ? is that normal ? why is that ?

IMG_20200603_134926.jpg

But if i use normal charger, and connected to my power bank when the powerbank not being charged, there's no sound like that... maybe someone can explain this !?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #40,356 of 42,765
Mine can make the same noise it seems to depend on what charger the power bank is plugged into.

Ok i guess that's normal then, thanks, but i still dont know why it produce that kind of noise for hmm wonder what's was about... it's some kind of hidden feature !? i couldnot find it on manual, if yes, then what's the meaning of it ?

Jun 3, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #40,357 of 42,765
Ok i guess that's normal then, thanks, but i still dont know why it produce that kind of noise for hmm wonder what's was about... it's some kind of hidden feature !? i couldnot find it on manual, if yes, then what's the meaning of it ?

It’s normal. See the 2nd post in this thread under Battery and Charging, charging noise.

Jun 3, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #40,358 of 42,765
I am also curious about upgrading my Mojo to a dedicated DAC, in terms of enjoying the Chord signature is the Qutest the logical step? My use case would be to eliminate the headphone amplifier and have a static DAC connected to an OTL amplifier.

Yes, QUTEST provides more of what MOJO delivers with an even wider and deeper Soundstage in an Amplifier/Tower Speaker Application.
My room is on the Brighter side, so the Warm Filter on Qutest is perfect for me.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #40,359 of 42,765
I am also curious about upgrading my Mojo to a dedicated DAC, in terms of enjoying the Chord signature is the Qutest the logical step? My use case would be to eliminate the headphone amplifier and have a static DAC connected to an OTL amplifier.
It depends on what you are looking for. I owned Mojo and Qutest. Qutest definitely has more extension on top as well as bass and hence has better macro dynamics. Also it will let you see thru the music with better clarity. However its leaner and thinner sounding DAC and not as warm as Mojo. If you are looking for the warmth of Mojo you will not get it out of qutest.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #40,361 of 42,765
It depends on what you are looking for. I owned Mojo and Qutest. Qutest definitely has more extension on top as well as bass and hence has better macro dynamics. Also it will let you see thru the music with better clarity. However its leaner and thinner sounding DAC and not as warm as Mojo. If you are looking for the warmth of Mojo you will not get it out of qutest.

You're not the first to reach this conclusion with respect to the SQ differences between Mojo & Qutest, i have read similar reports from other users.
I think it's unfortunate the Qutest lacks a variable output level like the Mojo, meaning you can't go 'amp direct' for the purest audio signal and must add a preamp in the signal path.
All things considered, the Mojo is truly an outstanding product!

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #40,362 of 42,765
I am listening to my Mojo for the first time tonight. I am listening to my Mojo with my iPad Pro (3rd Gen) into my HD600’s and I am only streaming from Youtube Music and I am in shock at how good this sounds. I cannot believe that these low resolution files that are being streamed into the iPad from who knows where can sound this good. Wow. That is all I can say is wow. I am looking forward to listening with my Hiby R6, & DX90 in the future but for now I am really enjoying this. God bless everyone and have a wonderful weekend!
C6E01A66-3E4E-4DDE-97A1-278FC0DA5A73.jpeg

Jun 6, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #40,363 of 42,765
I am listening to my Mojo for the first time tonight. I am listening to my Mojo with my iPad Pro (3rd Gen) into my HD600’s and I am only streaming from Youtube Music and I am in shock at how good this sounds. I cannot believe that these low resolution files that are being streamed into the iPad from who knows where can sound this good. Wow. That is all I can say is wow. I am looking forward to listening with my Hiby R6, & DX90 in the future but for now I am really enjoying this. God bless everyone and have a wonderful weekend!

The Mojo can make any set up, no matter how simple, look great.

Is it not heating up too much operating in the case? Why not take it out while in use?

Jun 6, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #40,364 of 42,765
I took both my Mojo and Hugo 2 out for their cases since the UK got hot this year. I was thinking about how hot my Hugo 2 might be getting in its case. To check, after running it for a good while I took it out of its case. It was hot.

That's not good for battery life, or component life.

Jun 19, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #40,365 of 42,765
Anybody compared Mojo and Dethonray DTR1 on sound?
On Erji i finding - R3 + Mojo - worst then DTR1, Iphone 5S + Mojo - much better than DTR1.
What you think?
Special interesting on stage, bass and dynamics.
TY.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back