Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 29, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #40,111 of 42,759
There is some info about this in the FAQ in post #3, but in general:
  • if the hissing happens all the time, it probably means the charger produces too much ripple current, which causes inductors in the mojo battery charger to oscillate and generate the noise - I suspect this is not your issue
  • some chargers, especially smart chargers can enter trickle charge mode, when the battery is nearly full, and cause buzzing - I suspect this may be what you are experiencing, so as a first step you could explore using other chargers, or alternatively consider that removing the cable when the noise starts and the battery is say 98% full, is not a serious problem and only reduces your listening time by a few minutes.

I think your correct and today i remove cable. Im charging and listen to music via the computers usb.

Do you have any charger and cabels to recommand? Cheap cable and chargers work as good as expensive?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #40,113 of 42,759
I think your correct and today i remove cable. Im charging and listen to music via the computers usb.

Do you have any charger and cabels to recommand? Cheap cable and chargers work as good as expensive?
There were many positive posts about Samsung phone chargers (which I often use), Apple chargers, and Anker chargers. I also sometimes use my Hugo2 charger, plus a simple usb cable from my PC.
These are relatively cheap, and I never feel the need to spend megabucks, on a snakeoil product. :relaxed:

Apr 29, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #40,115 of 42,759
There were many positive posts about Samsung phone chargers (which I often use), Apple chargers, and Anker chargers. I also sometimes use my Hugo2 charger, plus a simple usb cable from my PC.
These are relatively cheap, and I never feel the need to spend megabucks, on a snakeoil product. :relaxed:

I love snake oil!😅 thanks for info

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #40,117 of 42,759
Apr 30, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #40,118 of 42,759
I have already asked many local supplier selling official chord products. But sadly they are not willing to replace mine because i bought an used mojo.
So if you buy a used car you can’t get a part replaced? Thats ridiculous. If they offer the service they should replace it to anyone that wants it. Do you have a receipt? I also bought the Mojo used but I have a receipt.
Wow that battery costs as much as an ipad replacement battery.

Apr 30, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #40,119 of 42,759
So if you buy a used car you can’t get a part replaced? Thats ridiculous. If they offer the service they should replace it to anyone that wants it. Do you have a receipt? I also bought the Mojo used but I have a receipt.

Wow that battery costs as much as an ipad replacement battery.
Sadly i don't and maybe that's why. Some local suppliers in my country are not very supportive but i find a guy who can order a new battery and replace it for me.
I hope it will be cheaper than buying from hifipro.

Apr 30, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #40,120 of 42,759
Sadly i don't and maybe that's why. Some local suppliers in my country are not very supportive but i find a guy who can order a new battery and replace it for me.
I hope it will be cheaper than buying from hifipro.

It’s very easy to replace. Moon Audio in the US can send you one, but I don’t know if they ship overseas.

Apr 30, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #40,121 of 42,759
Another option if your Mojo battery's life is gone, just remove it completely and then power your Mojo externally either plugging it in or using one of those portable USB chargers like from Anker or whatever.

Apr 30, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #40,122 of 42,759
Another option if your Mojo battery's life is gone, just remove it completely and then power your Mojo externally either plugging it in or using one of those portable USB chargers like from Anker or whatever.

Have you tried this? I did and a loud coil whine starts. I then posted here and everyone who responded said they got the same coil whine. Then Rob Watts said it might be my power supply, in which case it is everyone's power supply. I would be very interested to hear from someone who removes the battery and runs the Mojo from USB without coil whine.

Apr 30, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #40,123 of 42,759
Have you tried this? I did and a loud coil whine starts. I then posted here and everyone who responded said they got the same coil whine. Then Rob Watts said it might be my power supply, in which case it is everyone's power supply. I would be very interested to hear from someone who removes the battery and runs the Mojo from USB without coil whine.
I get the same coil whine when I have it connected to power but not always. I think maybe it has to do with grounding or relation to other devices connected to the same power outlet. Been using Apple charger. Now I have an APC power strip with integrated usb outlets and havent heard the whine yet however, admittedly, I havent really been testing this as I use it mostly connected to another external portable battery.

Apr 30, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #40,124 of 42,759
May 1, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #40,125 of 42,759
Alright, so today the Apple Lighting to USB 3 adapter came in, and the Jitterbug works on that one with my iPad.

With my laptop, it's very clear that the Jitterbug takes out RF/EMI noise, making the Mojo more analogue sounding in every way without a doubt.

However, with the iPad, after much A-B, I found that the Jitterbug makes the sound more etched with less bass extension.

This means the iPad has low RF/EMI noise anyway, and so my shielded USB cable is apparently enough to take care of the noise.

And this is no expectation bias, because I expected a similar improvement with the Jitterbug like it did on my laptop, thus buying the Apple to USB kit in the first place.

Anyone else that found the Jitterbug useless on their iPad, yet useful on a laptop?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back