Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 23, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #39,901 of 42,765
And if i wanna use the coax or toslink input and not the usb input?

Seems like this one is the right no? https://www.dysonaudio.com/collecti...hord-mojo-75-ohm-digital-jumper-trrs-ts-3-5mm
There is more info in the FAQ in post #3
Here are the signal paths for an appropriate Co-Axial cable to connect Fiio X3ii and X5ii DAPs to Mojos Co-Axial digital input:

(pin-out identities based upon these: www.head-fi.org/t/784602/14985#post_12467535 )

IMPORTANT: James (CEO of Fiio) has privately confirmed to me that the above diagram is definitely correct for X3ii, X5ii, and X7

Alternatively, if you wish to use a stereo TRS plug at the Mojo end (instead of the mono TS plug in the above picture, which is really all that is required), then the pin connections would be as follows:

(pin-out identities based upon this: www.head-fi.org/t/784602/18675#post_12651727)

Feb 23, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #39,902 of 42,765
There is more info in the FAQ in post #3
Here are the signal paths for an appropriate Co-Axial cable to connect Fiio X3ii and X5ii DAPs to Mojos Co-Axial digital input:

(pin-out identities based upon these: www.head-fi.org/t/784602/14985#post_12467535 )

IMPORTANT: James (CEO of Fiio) has privately confirmed to me that the above diagram is definitely correct for X3ii, X5ii, and X7

Alternatively, if you wish to use a stereo TRS plug at the Mojo end (instead of the mono TS plug in the above picture, which is really all that is required), then the pin connections would be as follows:

(pin-out identities based upon this: www.head-fi.org/t/784602/18675#post_12651727)
Thanks. So the cable i linked should work right?

Feb 24, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #39,907 of 42,765
Hello. I have the Ibasso IT01 iems and I am thinking of buying the Mojo Chord. Is it worth it or with my iems I will not be able to get the most out of Mojo? Should I save to buy some better iems? Will Dragonfly Black be enough? Thank you.

Upgrading headphones gives you more sound quality improvement than sources (unless your source is absolute crap). To me, it doesn't make sense having $70 IEMs and a $400-$500 dac/amp. Your IEMs will sound better but the dac/amp won't magically turn them into high-end IEMs.

Feb 24, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #39,908 of 42,765
Hello. I have the Ibasso IT01 iems and I am thinking of buying the Mojo Chord. Is it worth it or with my iems I will not be able to get the most out of Mojo? Should I save to buy some better iems? Will Dragonfly Black be enough? Thank you.
I disagree with the previous post. I have a dragonfly red and ifi xdsd and chord mojo. I've used with tfz no 3, kz as10, and CA Solaris. I hear a positive difference with each using the Mojo. The $80 as10 benefits from the Mojo over the XDSD. Smoother, more dynamic, just overall better sounding. Not all about price of iem or headphones

Feb 25, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #39,909 of 42,765
Hey Guys,

As of now, I’m using the mojo via usb from my iMac. I’m not sure, but why does the Green Lit Button (192 I think) always sound better than the rest of the sampling rate regardless of YouTube, Spotify and online Radio listening?

Do you guys having the same experiences as mine?
Regards Wayne

Feb 25, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #39,910 of 42,765

Is it worth buying the Mojo for the IT01? Difficult...
I'd agree that if you have $500 you'll get the better overall sound if you buy a good $300 IEM and a $200 DAC
And I'd argue that this is better than buying a $500 IEM and listening from a phone.

But if you are planning to get other IEMs in the future and want to invest in a good source, then the Mojo is a great choice.
I bought it 2 years ago and have since bought headphones and IEMs, always knowing that the Mojo is getting the best out of them. And the price range of my IEMs is $200-$500 (used), so in the "moderate" price range...
Never looked back. Mojo was the best investment in on my journey

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #39,911 of 42,765
I have a question for you who use Chord Mojo.

I actually use the Mojo for everything:

- Raspberry 4 Pi / RoPieee via USB (for headphones and for the 2ch hi-fi setup)
- TV via optical cable out for films and videogames (for the 2ch hi-fi setup)

So I don't have any "desktop" DAC right now, Mojo is the DAC for all my audio needs.

I wonder: it worth a try to start to look at a real "desktop" dac for my 2 channels hi-fi setup usage?

In the range of 1000 dollars/euros do you think I can really make a step-up in the SQ or I should stick to the Mojo... according to you?

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #39,912 of 42,765
I have a question for you who use Chord Mojo.

I actually use the Mojo for everything:

- Raspberry 4 Pi / RoPieee via USB (for headphones and for the 2ch hi-fi setup)
- TV via optical cable out for films and videogames (for the 2ch hi-fi setup)

So I don't have any "desktop" DAC right now, Mojo is the DAC for all my audio needs.

I wonder: it worth a try to start to look at a real "desktop" dac for my 2 channels hi-fi setup usage?

In the range of 1000 dollars/euros do you think I can really make a step-up in the SQ or I should stick to the Mojo... according to you?
If you are intending to keep your Mojo, then you could consider a second hand 2Qute or Qutest for your 2ch setup (owners do report a step up in audio quality because of the galvanic isolation of the usb input).
If instead you are considering selling your Mojo, and looking for a one-box solution for both headphone and 2ch setup, then I suggest keep your existing setup.
I use the Mojo and Hugo 2 interchangeably, depending on battery level and my mood, and enjoy them both. If you sold your Mojo, then I would suggest getting a Hugo 2, but that is well outside your budget.

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #39,913 of 42,765
If you are intending to keep your Mojo, then you could consider a second hand 2Qute or Qutest for your 2ch setup (owners do report a step up in audio quality because of the galvanic isolation of the usb input).
If instead you are considering selling your Mojo, and looking for a one-box solution for both headphone and 2ch setup, then I suggest keep your existing setup.
I use the Mojo and Hugo 2 interchangeably, depending on battery level and my mood, and enjoy them both. If you sold your Mojo, then I would suggest getting a Hugo 2, but that is well outside your budget.

Hi, since you own both the Mojo and Hugo 2 I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind elaborating on what kind of upgrade one would be experiencing. I have the mojo, and have been eyeing the Hugo 2 for some time but can’t determine if the cost justifies it. With your experience with both, I am hoping you can give some better insight?

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #39,914 of 42,765
Hi, since you own both the Mojo and Hugo 2 I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind elaborating on what kind of upgrade one would be experiencing. I have the mojo, and have been eyeing the Hugo 2 for some time but can’t determine if the cost justifies it. With your experience with both, I am hoping you can give some better insight?

I'm on the same boat. Have been curious about the Hugo 2 lately. I think the KSE1200 could resolve the extra detail. It's just $500 vs $2500 is asking a lot.

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #39,915 of 42,765
How much of an improvement do you consider the Hugo 2 over the Mojo? I know the question requires some subjectivity and metaphor... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back