Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 14, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #39,706 of 42,759
Do you turn off 'mobile data' or leave mobile data on but turn off its ability to connect to 4G?

If I am streaming music I go to Mobile Networks and select 3G only. Unfortunately there is no 3G/4G(LTE) only option. If I select 4G that also selects 2G and the latter is the problem.

For me it works and solved all my RFI issues.

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #39,707 of 42,759
If I am streaming music I go to Mobile Networks and select 3G only. Unfortunately there is no 3G/4G(LTE) only option. If I select 4G that also selects 2G and the latter is the problem.

For me it works and solved all my RFI issues.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the tip. I'll try this out. The other day with the Mojo connected via OTG to my Huawei phone, I could still hear clicks even when I've turned off mobile data (thus streaming via wifi only). However, when I connected my Mojo via OTG to my older Motorola phone, I perceived no clicks even with mobile data on & 4G enabled. Strange.

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #39,708 of 42,759
Ah, ok. Thanks for the tip. I'll try this out. The other day with the Mojo connected via OTG to my Huawei phone, I could still hear clicks even when I've turned off mobile data (thus streaming via wifi only). However, when I connected my Mojo via OTG to my older Motorola phone, I perceived no clicks even with mobile data on & 4G enabled. Strange.

Ah, if by click you mean a short 1/2 second pause that almost sounds like a click, that could be the automatic up-sampling being done by Android. I installed UAPP to get rid of that. But UAPP does not work with Spotify. I use it with Qobuz.

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #39,709 of 42,759
Is your Motorola running Android 5?
Ever since Android 6 listening via OTG had clicks throughout the music. I believe it is Android prioritising OS functions over music. I couldn't find a solution which meant I listened less to the Mojo, then Poly was released and I fell in love with Mojo listening all over again.

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #39,710 of 42,759
Ever since Android 6 listening via OTG had clicks throughout the music. I believe it is Android prioritising OS functions over music. I couldn't find a solution which meant I listened less to the Mojo, then Poly was released and I fell in love with Mojo listening all over again.
Certainly one of the early pieces of advice on the thread, was to try altering the OS settings if the clicks persisted (eg if just using the phone to control the music playing, you don't need to update the phone screen 25 times a second). Inevitably this can involve an element of trial and error, which doesn't suit all owners, if they want a simple 'switch on and everything works out of the box' experience.

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #39,711 of 42,759
Ah, if by click you mean a short 1/2 second pause that almost sounds like a click, that could be the automatic up-sampling being done by Android. I installed UAPP to get rid of that. But UAPP does not work with Spotify. I use it with Qobuz.

No, by 'click' I'm not referring to that 1/2 second pause..the clicks I'm hearing happen all throughout the song at seemingly random intervals.

No, my Motorola phone is on Android 8.1.

Could the clicks be attributed to a higher cellular/wifi radio power on the Huawei cellphone compared to the Motorola?

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #39,712 of 42,759
No, by 'click' I'm not referring to that 1/2 second pause..the clicks I'm hearing happen all throughout the song at seemingly random intervals.

No, my Motorola phone is on Android 8.1.

Could the clicks be attributed to a higher cellular/wifi radio power on the Huawei cellphone compared to the Motorola?

I couldn't say if one phones radio is higher than the other. It does sound like the problem I experienced when upgrading Android to 6 & beyond on my Xperia. The phone never caused the problem before the change, but always had randomly timed clicks through listening via OTG. I didn't have the same issue with Samsung phone.

I no longer use OTG as I kept breaking the cables when on the move.

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #39,718 of 42,759
Would Safari be bitperfect?
I mean you can check that the sampling rate is still correct by the lights on the mojo. As to bit depth, it would probably be dependent on the particular web page and whether it does any volume leveling or adjustment. For things like iTunes, or the music app, you just want to make sure the volume in the software is maxed and any Eq or volume leveling is off

Jan 19, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #39,720 of 42,759
Hi,

I have a Mojo Always connected to a USB charger because I use the Mojo as a desktop DAC.

So the battery is FULL.

After 20-30 minutes of using the Mojo, I hear a whistle-hum sound from the Mojo (similar to the sound-whistle that I hear when the Mojo is in the last part of a charge).

Some of you using the Mojo like me (Always on charge, for desktop use) has the same issue?

Could I solve changing the charger (it's a good Anker 4A) for something else?

Could I solve using a powerbank instead of a charger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back