Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 18, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #39,211 of 42,759
Has anyone identified a short Apple Lightning to Micro cable that currently works with iOS 13.1? I would prefer to not use the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter cable. I previously purchased aftermarket cables from Aliexpress and Amazon that were mentioned in this thread and they worked well until Apple made software changes.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #39,213 of 42,759
Has anyone identified a short Apple Lightning to Micro cable that currently works with iOS 13.1? I would prefer to not use the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter cable. I previously purchased aftermarket cables from Aliexpress and Amazon that were mentioned in this thread and they worked well until Apple made software changes.

I can recommend the Meenova cable which is small, relatively cheap and works well.
http://www.meenova.com/st/p/lgtnmuc.html
I have both the short and the long version.
The short version has worked reliably, the first long one I received had an issue but Meenova was very helpful in resolving it.
In fact it is working better than the (relatively old) Apple Lightning-USB Adapter I have, which is not always detected.

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #39,214 of 42,759
Every source that I put at mojo il mojo sounds different, which do you think are the best dap-mojo combinations for a better sound?
You are right. Mojo is very sensitive to the source when using USB. So, the best transport would be one with optical output, like Astell&Kern AK100II. Sadly, it costs almost the same as the Mojo. I guess there must be other cheaper options with optical output.

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #39,215 of 42,759
You are right. Mojo is very sensitive to the source when using USB. So, the best transport would be one with optical output, like Astell&Kern AK100II. Sadly, it costs almost the same as the Mojo. I guess there must be other cheaper options with optical output.
There was a portable transport with optical out, that was proving popular on the MScaler thread a few months ago.

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #39,216 of 42,759
There was a portable transport with optical out, that was proving popular on the MScaler thread a few months ago.
Thank you. I did quick search, is it the Xduoo x10t ?

EDIT: Wow, I just found the old model Xduoo X10 is only USD 125 on Aliexpress and it has an optical output.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #39,219 of 42,759
Sep 21, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #39,222 of 42,759
Every source that I put at mojo il mojo sounds different, which do you think are the best dap-mojo combinations for a better sound?

Hi

Can you share which sources you’ve tried?

I found the same as you when I compared optical to different USB sources that were somehow coupled to AC power.

But all battery powered sources I tried sounded same as optical. As long as the UBS source is running only on battery, i.e. no charging at the same time.

Just my own subjective experience though, which may be different.

For USB sources I use microUSB cable with RF filter - Monoprice sell them.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5458

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #39,223 of 42,759
Hi guys looking for a bit of help I'm a new Mojo owner in the UK trying to find a short USB Type-C to Micro-usb male to male Cable to hook up the Mojo to my phone any suggestions where to find short leads in the UK or Europe?

Sorted now thanks

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #39,224 of 42,759
Hi guys looking for a bit of help I'm a new Mojo owner in the UK trying to find a short USB Type-C to Micro-usb male to male Cable to hook up the Mojo to my phone any suggestions where to find short leads in the UK or Europe?
Two start points for you:
  • post #3 contains a section for cable recommendations, so maybe there is a suitable suggestion there
  • I bought a Forza Audio Works cable - they will terminate cables with several alternative plugs, so you can choose which option you want, however they are moderately expensive (say 50 euros).
  • Most recommendations were for a cheaper cable that cost only a few euros/dollars
See this post for more details

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #39,225 of 42,759
Yes, that's the one. I was tempted myself.

waiting mine in a few days, then will be trying it with my Mojo through coaxial. Let you know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back