Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 6, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #39,181 of 42,759
Not particularly, but I don't have a problem with you posting them. I said it because it obviously doesn't interest a decent number of people.

Questions directed to Rob don’t need to interest a decent number of people. Those trying to be helpful in answering these questions directed to Rob are most welcome and always appreciated...

As mentioned several times, those not interested in the questions can simply do something else...

Sep 6, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #39,182 of 42,759
Questions directed to Rob don’t need to interest a decent number of people. Those trying to be helpful in answering these questions directed to Rob are most welcome and always appreciated...

As mentioned several times, those not interested in the questions can simply do something else...

Just offering alternatives to what you're doing man.

That's all.

Sep 6, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #39,183 of 42,759
Just to add my two cents: In my opinion one should not be so picky with respect to certain posts and topics bordering on off-topic or interesting just a minority. It's up to each individual to read and respond or to ignore the content – a certain tolerance isn't asking too much.

On the other hand I also find it kind of plausible that somebody wants to express his own audio philosophy that's been challenged by a certain post, as happend lately in this thread. The tone may have been slightly condescending and intolerant towards a deviating philosophy – certainlly the main problem –, but basically this kind of posts should be accepted as well. After all they may serve as an encouragement to a different viewing angle or approach – but one can just as well simply ignore them. The joy of freedom! :slight_smile:

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #39,184 of 42,759
Just offering alternatives to what you're doing man.

That's all.

Appreciate you offering an alternative.

It is something I already considered a few pages ago:

upload_2019-9-7_10-31-35.png

Since then I actually had a PM from someone saying:

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 10.32.22 am.png

So while I can't possibly know if a 'decent number' of people are interested in these technical questions, it seems there may be a silent number that are interested and stay quiet.

They won't benefit if I send this to Rob and I don't know who is or isn't interested.

So the forum is a great tool for Rob to share his knowledge to multiple people at once...

So I don't actually care about if there are a 'decent number of people' not interested (not sure how someone would know what this decent number actually is?) - but I do care about anyone that is interested in learning.

Once again, I appreciate the efforts of those that do try to find information that may answer the questions, before Rob gets a chance to see and respond. Their efforts are always appreciated....

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #39,185 of 42,759
I understand, it’s just interesting how groups react/act. I had noticed the trend, I imagine it’s getting more frequent as I never noticed it before.

One idea is that perhaps in the past these people adding zero value to a discussion (with comments like ‘just enjoy the music’) were not called out...

So perhaps the recent difference you have observed is that these people are recently being called out...

Sep 7, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #39,186 of 42,759
We're all interested in the technical side of things and finding out more otherwise we wouldn't be here day in day out.

Sep 7, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #39,188 of 42,759
Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #39,190 of 42,759
Well after all the speculation of a Mojo 2 being announced, here we are. I still think a Mojo TT would be a great inclusion to the Chord DAC family. One with RCA out and individual volume settings compared to RCA power out, for headphones.

Sep 10, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #39,191 of 42,759
Well after all the speculation of a Mojo 2 being announced, here we are. I still think a Mojo TT would be a great inclusion to the Chord DAC family. One with RCA out and individual volume settings compared to RCA power out, for headphones.

If you get your Mobile Joy Table Top then I want a Mojo DAVE "Diminutive Analogue Veritas in Extremis" from @Mojo ideas @Rob Watts :wink: As long as @ChordElectronics continues to advance their mobile offering I am happy. Bring on 2Go.

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #39,192 of 42,759
My thoughts:

Maybe they are happy that Mojo purchasers are all buying higher level Chord DACs. Meaning they can afford to drop the Mojo price. (Like imagine if they dropped 25% from the price of the M-Scaler.)
They are making a Mojo 2.
They are making a Mojo/Poly combined into one unit.
They are just being kind.
Mojo sales have dropped off.

They are making a Mojo 2. Hmmmmmm
They are making a Mojo/Poly combined into one unit. Double Hmmmmmmm

That's what I'm saying. I can't imagine Chord investing so much in the Poly and not be able to carry it into the future. That is, unless they make a unified unit that contains the Poly capability. But I know a lot of people here said they don't want to pay for that. Will be interesting what Chord does.

(Selfishly) I would love to see this as long as all the ports would be accessible ie USB, Coax toslink etc.

But I must admit this is just me in my imaginary world

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #39,193 of 42,759
Hello everyone,

I was hoping i could get some advice on a difficulty I'm facing with the mojo. Ive had it for just less than a month, and have enjoyed almost every second, however, i have absolutely no idea how to play any of my 11.2MHz files. Every time i try, i get nothing but a weird fuzzy sound (not exactly the best terminology, but you get the point). If it helps, the mojo is connected via USB C to Mini USB from my DAP.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back