Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 28, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #39,121 of 42,765
How do you find the Mojo and your Lyr 3 differ soundwise, when the LCD is connected to just one of the 2 devices on their own?

I'd say that the soundstage is just a bit wider, and there's a bit more bottom end with the Lyr 3. It's subtle, but I think it's enough. Mostly, though, I just want to be able to not run the Mojo at 90-95% volume, whereas the Lyr 3 I can run 40-50% for what I like while the Mojo's set up on 3V Line Out.

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #39,122 of 42,765
How drop resistant is the Mojo?
Mine has been dropped (not by me) from belly height onto a ceramic tile floor. The person who dropped it reported no visible damage. Are there any parts which are easily harmed when they are decelerated quickly (moment of mojo hitting the ground)? Unfortunately I can't sound check it myself atm because that person (actually a lovely person) has it and he is faaar away from me atm.

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #39,123 of 42,765
Mine has been dropped (not by me) from belly height onto a ceramic tile floor. The person who dropped it reported no visible damage. Are there any parts which are easily harmed when they are decelerated quickly (moment of mojo hitting the ground)? Unfortunately I can't sound check it myself atm because that person (actually a lovely person) has it and he is faaar away from me atm.

Electronics that use SMT are quite durable, Mojo should have no problem withstanding drops.

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #39,124 of 42,765
I have dropped my Mojo without any issues, so fingers crossed for you.

Aug 28, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #39,125 of 42,765
I've dropped two of them with no problem.

Aug 29, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #39,126 of 42,765
What would be a great portable transport for a chord mojo? Hiby r6, fiio M6........

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #39,127 of 42,765
What would be a great portable transport for a chord mojo? Hiby r6, fiio M6........
Seeing as the device is being used for transport, the best device would be one that provides bit-perfect output via USB. IF YOU'RE using your own files, any Android device using UAPP or Onkyo Player, or another app that allows bit-perfect USB output is fine. If you're using a streaming service with download ability such as Tidal or Qobuz, I suggest an iPhone, due to the devices bit-perfect output via lightning port. I use downloaded Tidal as well as Flac to a 256gb iPhone 7 that I use solely as a transport device. Otherwise, it's all Android for me

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #39,129 of 42,765
A bit cumbersome setup but golly the Mojo (early Batch no QR) really knows how to control the BA drivers better than many DAPs out there.

YsEQJWb.jpg

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #39,130 of 42,765
I remember when Mojo was quite new and I was following the thread. In the early days, loads of people were strapping DAPs and phones to their Mojos.

I have a DAP. However I can not work out how I would use Mojo and DAP together in my pocket. What bothers me, is the USB cable that runs from Mojo to DAP. I can't figure out how it would not play on the USB ports of the Mojo and the DAP.

Hence the Poly, but.....

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #39,131 of 42,765
I remember when Mojo was quite new and I was following the thread. In the early days, loads of people were strapping DAPs and phones to their Mojos.

I have a DAP. However I can not work out how I would use Mojo and DAP together in my pocket. What bothers me, is the USB cable that runs from Mojo to DAP. I can't figure out how it would not play on the USB ports of the Mojo and the DAP.

Hence the Poly, but.....

Right, I went through the same thing. Finally bit the bullet with the Poly (it hurt). But it's a fantastic system, so clean and compact, and no more freakin wires. It's a notable rival to the high-end DAPs out there. I'm hopefully set for a while.

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #39,132 of 42,765
I've bought a hiby R3 to partner my mojo. Now wondering what iems/headphones would have good synergy with this set up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back