Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 8, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #39,031 of 42,759
I connected the mojo in line uot to a mini amp: fosi t20 and the result was very disappointing, in bluetooth you feel much better.
Why does the mojo connected to the f20 feel bad?
it's how I felt confusion in the sound.
Just clarifying - you connected the headphone out of the mojo, to the analogue input of the f20.

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #39,032 of 42,759
I connected the Mojo to my laptop (windows 10) through the USB port and when I try to play music the sound only comes from my right driver and it sounds like a low, screeching noise. Am I doing something wrong? My desktop amp doesn't have this issue.

I guess I might as well add in my short impression of what I've been hearing so far from the Mojo: my setup has been iPhone 6 --> Chord Mojo --> Audio-Technica ATH ADX5000.

I think it's pretty simple to me in that the Mojo seems to highlight the sound signature of the headphone. The ADX5000 is a neutral headphone with amazing extension at both ends. The Mojo highlights these extensions and gives it the needed impact in order for notes to sustain longer. I'd go so far as to say that the Mojo could be my reference from here on out even though I have the Violectric V100 as my desktop amp.

I'd say that I'm pretty impressed so far. I feel content, which is great. Also add that the Mojo has a ton of power to boot makes it a solid purchase for me. I bought mine for $300 used. It's also pretty cute to look at and hold. :p
Have you installed the Chord usb drivers?

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #39,033 of 42,759
I connected the mojo in line uot to a mini amp: fosi t20 and the result was very disappointing, in bluetooth you feel much better.
Why does the mojo connected to the f20 feel bad?
it's how I felt confusion in the sound.

I think the amp is probably not that good. But I would try connecting Mojo not in line out mode, as that may be too high an input voltage for the T20, though I can’t find any specs. Maybe try 4 clicks down from line out, or even 8 clicks, and see how you like it.

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #39,035 of 42,759
I think the amp is probably not that good. But I would try connecting Mojo not in line out mode, as that may be too high an input voltage for the T20, though I can’t find any specs. Maybe try 4 clicks down from line out, or even 8 clicks, and see how you like it.
I'm not an expert but I find myself with your conclusion, today I try to lower the volume of the mojo in line out, and I also try to connect it to the mojo headphone output.
The t 20 despite being cheap it sounds very good in bluetooth but not with the mojo.

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #39,036 of 42,759
Aug 8, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #39,041 of 42,759
People who're saying the Mojo is bass light or thin sounding with the HD 650 on USB, should try out 2 Audioquest Jitterbugs placed on the 2 different USB ports that are connected to the same bus, this high speed USB isolator (https://hifimediy.com/high-speed-usb-isolator-480Mbps), and the Moon Audio Black Dragon USB cable.

Bass is thundering with impact, and everything else so smooth and natural. Just pure bliss.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #39,042 of 42,759
I feel that many of the complaints of the Mojo - such as closed, small soundstage, poor dynamics, etc.
are due to using a lesser cable than what is needed. I actually used the charging cable for listening,
and when I bought a Curious Hugo Link a few months ago (for a very good price used), the improvement
in sound was and is a revelation! I use it in conjunction with a Jitterbug (as I did before), sound quality
is now superb and I now can appreciate my TOTL headphones and the Mojo is much better then I appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back