Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 24, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #38,956 of 42,759
Mojo and Poly together are not much more than your $1000 limit. They’re integrated and work well together (and sound fantastic). I highly recommend that combo.

I 2nd this. Although the Poly is expensive, the combo rivals DAPs that cost more.

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #38,957 of 42,759
I’ve been considering one of these but can only stretch to a used one. That’s about £250-£280.

If portability isn’t that important to me, would I be better going for a Schiit Magni 3 and a Modi 3? Comes in about the same price.

I’m still not 100% sure if a Mojo can be charged and used at the same time, and the battery aspect might not be the best option for me.

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #38,958 of 42,759
I’ve been considering one of these but can only stretch to a used one. That’s about £250-£280.

If portability isn’t that important to me, would I be better going for a Schiit Magni 3 and a Modi 3? Comes in about the same price.

I’m still not 100% sure if a Mojo can be charged and used at the same time, and the battery aspect might not be the best option for me.

It can, but should not as a best practice. It will limit battery life (not the official Chord position, but what I believe from many testimonials and the obvious additional heat generated when operated like this). If you can use it charged but not plugged in, it will work as a home unit with the bonus of being portable if needed. Otherwise, you could remove the battery and it will work plugged in all the time, but depending on your use (feeding an amp or driving headphones) there may not be enough current for harder loads. And you would lose on the go capability.

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #38,962 of 42,759
Thanks, guys!
I just purchased a used Mojo... and for now will be using it with an LG V30 that I use strictly for streaming Tidal / Spotify offline (while in airplane mode).

Sorry for all the beginner questions, but: what cables will I need, will I need shielding (my iPhone may still be nearby), will I need something like a Jitterbug, and will I need to play music through USB Player Pro or something similar? (And is this even possible with streaming offline - if not, is there an alternative way?)

Any info at all would be so helpful & appreciated. Thank you!!

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #38,963 of 42,759
Thanks, guys!
I just purchased a used Mojo... and for now will be using it with an LG V30 that I use strictly for streaming Tidal / Spotify offline (while in airplane mode).

Sorry for all the beginner questions, but: what cables will I need, will I need shielding (my iPhone may still be nearby), will I need something like a Jitterbug, and will I need to play music through USB Player Pro or something similar? (And is this even possible with streaming offline - if not, is there an alternative way?)

Welcome to the club.
Some of us have stayed on the mojo thread since the early days, 3 years ago, so memories permitting we can remember many of the regular questions/answers, and are glad to help.
I bought my mojo ex-demo and it is still working fine, so hopefully you will have no issues.
As a start point for you, I suggest read post #3 because a lot of user experiences and solutions were recorded there, so you could find some interesting info that triggers further questions.

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #38,964 of 42,759
Thanks, guys!

Your iPhone will be a better Tidal player than the v30 as witcios you will get bit-perfect playback via the lightning port. All audio from tidal app will go through Android SRC and will end up 16/48 to the DAC. I hear the difference myself. I bought a used iPhone 7 JUST to be used as a transport for offline tidal playback to my mojo and other DACs. UAPP is online streaming only.

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #38,965 of 42,759
Is qobuz different from tidal, in the sense that I cannot play music direct from iPhone, via lighting, to mojo?

I know in the past we had to use specific apps, like neutron

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #38,966 of 42,759
Is qobuz different from tidal, in the sense that I cannot play music direct from iPhone, via lighting, to mojo?

I know in the past we had to use specific apps, like neutron

No, qobuz should work over the lightning cable, if it's connected to mojo.

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #38,967 of 42,759
Does anyone have the solution for this:

Airplay via qobuz say to poly. Album finishes or I pause it for a while. The airplay connection drops because it’s not in use, it’s irritating

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #38,968 of 42,759
Could be going into power saving mode since your not streaming.

Try resetting the network settings on your phone, settings - general - resets, pick that one and select the network reset, you will have to re-add your wifi details again.

Or try holding the home and power button down, it's a hard shutdown of the iphone and can clear glitches like this.

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #38,969 of 42,759
Just need to share a curious observation. I‘ve had the Mojo for over a year and it‘s fair to say it transformed my musical experiences.

I started with headphones but am now using mainly IEMs and a few weeks ago I received some used Astell & Kern T8iE MKII
I have the Mojo stacked with the HiBy R3.
I listened to this combo happily with a Shanling L2 cable but today wanted to compare it with the HiBy 3,5mm coax cable.

And suddenly I got a hiss! Faint but clearly audible. And I figured out that this hiss vanished when I connected the Mojo to the R3 with the Shanlibg cable, but not with the coax.

The hiss seems to be RF from the R3, even if I move it 1/2m away I get it, but only when the R3 is on.

Anyway, the Shanling L2 solved it.
Amazing sound from that package with the T8iE!!!!

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #38,970 of 42,759
Your iPhone will be a better Tidal player than the v30 as witcios you will get bit-perfect playback via the lightning port. All audio from tidal app will go through Android SRC and will end up 16/48 to the DAC. I hear the difference myself. I bought a used iPhone 7 JUST to be used as a transport for offline tidal playback to my mojo and other DACs. UAPP is online streaming only.

Thanks for this!! So, with my iPhone, would I only need a cable like this?:

Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014VGHG0U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BCCpDbE7KQH81

I’ve heard others say they prefer Coax to USB - is there a way to connect coax to iPhone?

Also, using my iPhone as a tidal player... I presume I won’t need to install anything extra to stream through since it’s not Android?

Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back