Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 7, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #38,897 of 42,765
Hey lads, I would like to pair my Mojo with an Airplay device (under 300€/$) but do not want to get the Poly, which is extremely overpriced to me...
So the goal is to stack Mojo+Airplay device and control the music “wirelessly” with my phone or ipad...

any suggestion?? thanks!!

Airport express connected to Mojo Optical input. Should be less than $100. You’re limited to 16/48 per airplay limitations. Works great.

Poly is expensive, but I couldn’t find another device that substitutes its functions without piecing a bunch of stuff together.

Jul 8, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #38,898 of 42,765
Hey lads, I would like to pair my Mojo with an Airplay device (under 300€/$) but do not want to get the Poly, which is extremely overpriced to me...
So the goal is to stack Mojo+Airplay device and control the music “wirelessly” with my phone or ipad...

any suggestion?? thanks!!
The Fiio M6 would do this for you too.

Jul 8, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #38,900 of 42,765
should i plug this to the wall all the time?

Yes.

Other than a DAP or phone, I don’t know of any portable airplay solutions. You can explore the Raspberry PI boxes. I’m sure you can build one of those for cheap. Search the thread started by Jason Stoddard of Schiit. There is a chunk of posts about building PI boxes for streaming, etc.

Your going to pay for convenience one way or another. Either your going to have to do DIY or pay for something already made. That’s why I suggested the airport express. Other than not being really “portable”, it does airplay flawlessly. Good luck.

Jul 9, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #38,901 of 42,765
It does look like an interesting piece of kit, so your feedback will be interesting to posters.

I've received the Xduoo X10T II and it's certainly quite good. It offers a more organised listen with less noise than Audirvana -> iDefender 3.0 -> Mojo/Hugo, as evident by how much more easily low level detail is comprehended.

It has some faux-version of gapless play, I know some people found the lack of gapless playback a dealbreaker for the first version. There is the slightest hint of a 'tick' upon track change with the menu option gapless playback enabled. Not enough to bother me. the timing is right and that's the most important thing.

Battery life seems great, about 20 hours for redbook.

Menus are primitive but the CPU is snappy so everything feels fine in use.

Coax sounds better than USB with Mojo. Can't try optical yet, a cable is on its way.

The box and papers say nothing about the insides, but given the exact same THD figures I'd imagine not much changed inside besides the beefier battery and new CPU.

It's easy to recommend it and a bit odd that there's very close to zero information about it online.

Jul 9, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #38,902 of 42,765
I've received the Xduoo X10T II and it's certainly quite good. It offers a more organised listen with less noise than Audirvana -> iDefender 3.0 -> Mojo/Hugo, as evident by how much more easily low level detail is comprehended.

It has some faux-version of gapless play, I know some people found the lack of gapless playback a dealbreaker for the first version. There is the slightest hint of a 'tick' upon track change with the menu option gapless playback enabled. Not enough to bother me. the timing is right and that's the most important thing.

Battery life seems great, about 20 hours for redbook.

Menus are primitive but the CPU is snappy so everything feels fine in use.

Coax sounds better than USB with Mojo. Can't try optical yet, a cable is on its way.

The box and papers say nothing about the insides, but given the exact same THD figures I'd imagine not much changed inside besides the beefier battery and new CPU.

It's easy to recommend it and a bit odd that there's very close to zero information about it online.
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like that version of gapless would be ok for my needs.
Just how primitive are the menus?
I will be interested to hear your feedback about how the optical output performs.
:slight_smile:

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #38,903 of 42,765
So it seems like the pairing between Zeus and Mojo is nice but some are reporting that there is hiss? Are the Zeus just really sensitive? I've got a Zeus incoming and am planning to buy a Mojo and maybe at some point a Poly as well if I like the pairing.

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #38,904 of 42,765
So it seems like the pairing between Zeus and Mojo is nice but some are reporting that there is hiss? Are the Zeus just really sensitive? I've got a Zeus incoming and am planning to buy a Mojo and maybe at some point a Poly as well if I like the pairing.

Yes there is a faint hiss with Zeus, it bothers some and not others.

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #38,905 of 42,765
Hi guys, using the Mojo with my iPhone, there's occasionally static noises coming from the left earbud.
It's quite soft and only noticeable when nothing is playing. Is this the interference we've been talking about?

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #38,906 of 42,765
Hi guys, using the Mojo with my iPhone, there's occasionally static noises coming from the left earbud.
It's quite soft and only noticeable when nothing is playing. Is this the interference we've been talking about?

Static and crackles sounds like interference to me. Some phones are worse than others, my iphone 8 used to do it but my new Sony does not. Try to keep them apart a bit if possible.

Jul 11, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #38,907 of 42,765
Static and crackles sounds like interference to me. Some phones are worse than others, my iphone 8 used to do it but my new Sony does not. Try to keep them apart a bit if possible.
Does mojo work with iPhone now also? I thought it was not Mfi certified and after iOS 11 it never worked. Don't have a cam adapter kit to test now as I gave it away with my kids labs c5d to the buyer. Good to know.

Jul 11, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #38,908 of 42,765
Does mojo work with iPhone now also? I thought it was not Mfi certified and after iOS 11 it never worked. Don't have a cam adapter kit to test now as I gave it away with my kids labs c5d to the buyer. Good to know.
Yes it does work for the iPhone.

YnTd5ju.jpg

Attachments

• 20190711_064656651_iOS.jpg
    20190711_064656651_iOS.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #38,910 of 42,765
Not really sure, it came with the demo unit. i will check it when go back to the store again. Heard the crackling noises when the phone is not playing (silent on quiet passages), so I thought i check with you guys first before I pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back