Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 4, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #38,718 of 42,765
Interesting thing this supercap has 5.7V 2.3Amps 5Farads and thats enough for Mojo to operate plugged in. But power input from pc usb 1A is not enough. I suspect it needs at least 2A. My power bank anker has output 5 V / 2.4 A and thats good for supercap continuos charge

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #38,719 of 42,765
Thanks for replying but laugh is worth for nothing, at least i had an idea to try and it suits my needs :)

I meant - class. I bet there are a few desktop Mojo users thinking about your idea.

Mojo TT, ace!

(It hope it's safe. Remember that Rob told us that the Mojo is not tested to run off charger without battery. I think it should be as Mojo can charge and play at the same time. I think Rob was talking about something else other than safety.)

I wonder how long it will be before someone tries it with Hugo 2.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #38,720 of 42,765
I meant - class? I bet there are a few desktop Mojo users thinking about your idea.

Mojo TT, ace!

(It hope it's safe. Remember that Rob told us that the Mojo is to tested to run off charger without battery. I think it should be as Mojo can charge and play at the same time. I think Rob was talking about something else other than safety.)

I wonder how long it will be before someone tries it with Hugo 2.
I understand its safe. It works same way as with internal battery (power circuit is th same) - just not the battery for 8hours, but supercap for few seconds. During play it uses supercap power always as with standart battery.
But boy that dead silent and precize warm play is astonishing:)

Jun 4, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #38,723 of 42,765
@Vyyy How long will Mojo last powered by the supercap?
With 5 farads - 3-7seconds avarage depending on volume level.
There is a space for second supercap, but the point that its relatively very short time and i wont invest and its also not so cheap.
The most important is that its enough power to switch on and let play and charge. And input power is enough to keep it recharged always.

Jun 6, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #38,726 of 42,765
So, I just need to say how awesome Mojo is, even after using for 3.5 years primarily with headphones. My TT2, which I bought to drive Omega SAM speakers, as well as headphones, had to be sent for a repair. I’ve been using Mojo with one output driving the Omegas and the other connected to an active sub, and it’s been pretty incredible. The connections are pure Frankenstein, but the sound is still glorious.

upload_2019-6-6_18-0-5.jpeg

Jun 7, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #38,728 of 42,765
May I ask how is the integration/coherency of the speakers and sub?

It’s good. The sub (Elac Debut 2.0 3030) has a self-configuring DSP for the room. I select the cutoff for the sub (the Omegas run full range direct from the amp, or Mojo in this case). I also select the bass level. So, I select 60hz for the cutoff and adjusted the level with a spectrum analyzer. The Omegas go down to 40-ish on their own, but the effect on unamplified music is often very subtle. On bass heavy tracks, though, it’s practically required.

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #38,730 of 42,765
Thanks @jarnopp

That's helpful information which I have not thought of. Have been considering to add a sub but had no sub out on my int amp. This will probably allow me to hunt for a suitable sub.

There are various connection options, and Ray-Dude has posted about his experiences in other threads with Voxative units, but for max transparency, find one that has connections and controls where you don’t have to use the sub crossover to the main speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back