Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 25, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #38,386 of 42,758
Hi everyone,

I just ask with directly to Rob this question but I wonder what do you think about;

I am wondering what is the best strategy to keep the Mojo battery healthy:

A) using it only with battery and charge it everyday

B) using it with the wall-charger so it won't use its battery when used as desktop dac (I use the Mojo 90% as desktop dac)

Thank you

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #38,387 of 42,758
Hi everyone,

I just ask with directly to Rob this question but I wonder what do you think about;

I am wondering what is the best strategy to keep the Mojo battery healthy:

A) using it only with battery and charge it everyday

B) using it with the wall-charger so it won't use its battery when used as desktop dac (I use the Mojo 90% as desktop dac)

Thank you
I've just bought a chord mojo and I couldn't careless about the battery. .to busy enjoying the sound quality

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #38,388 of 42,758
Hello everyone,
I just bought Galaxy s10+ and I am having an issue using it with the Mojo, the sound has "hiss" sound in the background, it is so clear and loud, it comes only when playing any sound, even it comes when the Galaxy menu sound play, but when there is no sound playing no "hiss" at all.
I tried to play with the Galaxy "Sound quality and effects" menu but nothing worked.
I use the same cable with my Huawei Mate 10 with no problem (Fiio CL06).

Anyone know whats the problem here?
IMG-20190325-231848.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #38,389 of 42,758
Hello everyone,
I just bought Galaxy s10+ and I am having an issue using it with the Mojo, the sound has "hiss" sound in the background, it is so clear and loud, it comes only when playing any sound, even it comes when the Galaxy menu sound play, but when there is no sound playing no "hiss" at all.
I use the same cable with my Huawei Mate 10 with no problem (Fiio CL06).
Anyone know whats the problem here?

I76rniI.png
SAMSUNG

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #38,390 of 42,758
Is it true that you can't use the Chord Mojo with Tidal (or other streaming services) on Android phones?

I'm mainly getting this to listen to music at work and can install Tidal on my PC if necessary but it's a bit of a pain. Is the sound quality really that good that it's worth this inconvenience? I've got a pair of Shure SE535s and my phone is a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #38,391 of 42,758
Is it true that you can't use the Chord Mojo with Tidal (or other streaming services) on Android phones?

I'm mainly getting this to listen to music at work and can install Tidal on my PC if necessary but it's a bit of a pain. Is the sound quality really that good that it's worth this inconvenience? I've got a pair of Shure SE535s and my phone is a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2.
You can use tidal or Qobuz but you need to download USB player pro which by passes the phones dac

Mar 25, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #38,395 of 42,758
You can use tidal or Qobuz but you need to download USB player pro which by passes the phones dac

This is completely misleading. The phone's DAC is bypassed regardless or it wouldn't be sending the digital signal to the Mojo (Digital to Analogue Converter). What you mean is that it bypasses Android OS re-sampling which alters the sampling rate of the original file. It will still work without UAPP but the file's sampling rate will be changed based on Android OS SRC (Sample Rate Conversion), which is not ideal with Rob's designs.

Mar 25, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #38,397 of 42,758
This is completely misleading. The phone's DAC is bypassed regardless or it wouldn't be sending the digital signal to the Mojo (Digital to Analogue Converter). What you mean is that it bypasses Android OS re-sampling which alters the sampling rate of the original file. It will still work without UAPP but the file's sampling rate will be changed based on Android OS SRC (Sample Rate Conversion), which is not ideal with Rob's designs.
Relic it's words from the USB pro player site itself

Mar 25, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #38,399 of 42,758
Relic it's words from the USB pro player site itself

You can't feed the Mojo an analogue signal, so if using the DAC on the phone then Mojo wouldn't work regardless. I would suggest UAPP get their engineering department to talk to their marketing department. There are plenty of users who use their Android phone with Tidal (I'm talking about 44.1kHz HiFi, not MQA) but the Mojo either reports 48kHz sampling rate or 192kHz sampling rate which means that Android SRC is re-sampling the file. Has nothing to do with the phone's DAC.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #38,400 of 42,758
You can't feed the Mojo an analogue signal, so if using the DAC on the phone then Mojo wouldn't work regardless. I would suggest UAPP get their engineering department to talk to their marketing department. There are plenty of users who use their Android phone with Tidal (I'm talking about 44.1kHz HiFi, not MQA) but the Mojo either reports 48kHz sampling rate or 192kHz sampling rate which means that Adroid SRC is re-sampling the file. Has nothing to do with the phone's DAC.
I can't get no sound from Qobuz from my phone using mojo I have to go through USB pro player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back