Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 27, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #38,251 of 42,765
Feb 27, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #38,254 of 42,765
My mojo + R3 combo causes a clicking/pop noise when changing tracks. The noise is more pronounced with DSD files. The cable I use is Fiio CL-06, USB C to micro B OTG. I'm curious if Hiby USB C to Coax cable would cause the same issue.

Anyone has this issue? Any solutions?

Feb 27, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #38,255 of 42,765
My mojo + R3 combo causes a clicking/pop noise when changing tracks. The noise is more pronounced with DSD files. The cable I use is Fiio CL-06, USB C to micro B OTG. I'm curious if Hiby USB C to Coax cable would cause the same issue.

Anyone has this issue? Any solutions?
I can say that I don’t have this issue when using the USB-C to coax cable, but I’ve not tried usb to usb to compare.

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #38,256 of 42,765
Same here. I was quoted $250 (£192) for a battery replacement including labour. When I asked them to break down the battery and labour costs the simply said it was a fixed price for a battery replacement and the Mojo would need to be sent away. So I asked about just buying the battery and they said no.

Naturally I declined - I'm sure as hell not paying somebody $200 for a 5 minute job which involves just 8 screws, battery out and new battery in.

To be honest I'm actually happy that my Mojo is sans Battery as it works fine from a 12 watt USB power supply, and it was never used as a mobile solution anyway.
To be honest, I'm with you when it comes to those repair fees on the Mojo.

Both of my 3.5mm headphone inputs no longer work on my Mojo, instead of sound I get an uncomfortable high pitch frequency. I was told that it would be around $100 an hour for labor and parts since I was just outside my warranty at this point (after the unit has been sent in before for unrelated repairs).

I'm currently struggling as a college student so I was unable to repair it and still to this day it remains unrepaired. I believe it's been almost a year at this point. I'd love to use it again because I'm close to getting a HD600 for my work and would love to use it with the Mojo as well on some leisure time.

I was hoping to find an alternative to fixing it instead of getting hit up for a 1/3rd of what the device costs for faulty parts. I thought about selling it too because I can use my scarlet 2i4 and runabout amp at home, don't really plan on taking the HD600s out the house. Maybe for moblie listening in the house assuming it gets repaired under my care.

As much as it sucks, it would make the most sense for me to sell it at this point as much as I don't want to, but I'd feel bad selling that unless the buyer had the means to repair it.

If not then it looks like I just have to eat $600+..

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #38,257 of 42,765
It looks like the Mojo sounds it's best with the Jitterbug, when the USB cable is as straight aligned at the input and output connectors as possible, otherwise the sound gets a bit thin when the cable is more curvy… Why is that?

Feb 28, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #38,258 of 42,765
Just got back from running a blind test with a switch box between Mojo and iPhone dongle. Result. No discernable difference.
Hahaha
Sometimes it gets difficult to do blind test when you switch between source. I had similar experience when I do quick switch between SMSL SU8 and Mojo using ROON and changing between RCA AND BALANCED with click of button in MY Liquid Platinum. Initially I couldn't hear a difference between 2 but if you listen to a new device for long time and you have been long time listener of Mojo you will notice few key changes among devices like more impact in Bass, better Vocals and imaging. Some device will sound thin compared to Mojo and in better recording you will find mojo providing better imaging, depth compared to cheap DAC. But rest assured if we do quick switch we will struggle to hear difference. Only long listening and making notes help in my perosnal opinion. Only when you use a device for long listening you may feel that you are missing your older device. If you get that feel then rest assured your previous device sounded better.

Feb 28, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #38,259 of 42,765
Also to add why I feel long listening to devices are needed for your mind to perceive the difference is because if you do blind testing during passage of song which is not very complex then DAC will sound almost similar. Only when we continue listening we come across passage which are complex and need better DAC to handle those and that's where better gear shines.

Feb 28, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #38,260 of 42,765
Deleted duplicate entry

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #38,261 of 42,765
Both of my AUX inputs no longer work on my Mojo, instead of sound I get an uncomfortable high pitch frequency.
Can you clarify what you mean by the «two AUX inputs»?

Feb 28, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #38,263 of 42,765
Hahaha
Sometimes it gets difficult to do blind test when you switch between source. I had similar experience when I do quick switch between SMSL SU8 and Mojo using ROON and changing between RCA AND BALANCED with click of button in MY Liquid Platinum. Initially I couldn't hear a difference between 2 but if you listen to a new device for long time and you have been long time listener of Mojo you will notice few key changes among devices like more impact in Bass, better Vocals and imaging. Some device will sound thin compared to Mojo and in better recording you will find mojo providing better imaging, depth compared to cheap DAC. But rest assured if we do quick switch we will struggle to hear difference. Only long listening and making notes help in my perosnal opinion. Only when you use a device for long listening you may feel that you are missing your older device. If you get that feel then rest assured your previous device sounded better.
It is very interesting that you raise that point about longer listening. It was the Sound Science forum which led me to blind testing. I was and remain sceptical of my ability to detect small differences in sound. There may well have been a defective part of the test equipment. Me! I felt right from the get go that the Mojo reveals itself over time. SS will have none of it. I still prefer listening to music through Mojo. Even since failing the blind test.

Feb 28, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #38,264 of 42,765
It is very interesting that you raise that point about longer listening. It was the Sound Science forum which led me to blind testing. I was and remain sceptical of my ability to detect small differences in sound. There may well have been a defective part of the test equipment. Me! I felt right from the get go that the Mojo reveals itself over time. SS will have none of it. I still prefer listening to music through Mojo. Even since failing the blind test.
It’s probably better to stay away from those guys.

Feb 28, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #38,265 of 42,765
It’s probably better to stay away from those guys.
I don't know. They have saved me going down a few rabbit holes and the out and out subjectivists on here are equally annoying. As in most things, a middle way. No need to suck the joy out of everything. If I like the Mojo so be it. If someone likes valves and vinyl, great. The only time I would draw the line is in encouraging anyone to spend money they cannot afford on this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back