Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 10, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #37,307 of 42,765
Thanks. I would like to get a different flavour. SE846 also sounds a bit thick IMO affecting resolution, at least for my ears. In general, is there good consensus that the Andromeda is not a good pairing?

I've never heard the Andromedia personally unfortunately. Did you try any of the filter mods with the 846? I'm currently using the blue filters with foam removed the trishd mod as I believe its called and it does open things up a bit to my ears anyway.

Sep 10, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #37,308 of 42,765
I did. They did open, but ended up favouring the default setup. The non-default settings felt a bit artificial to my ears, at least. The 846 is still available when I need it, so would like to have something that complements, upgrades it.

I've never heard the Andromedia personally unfortunately. Did you try any of the filter mods with the 846? I'm currently using the blue filters with foam removed the trishd mod as I believe its called and it does open things up a bit to my ears anyway.

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #37,309 of 42,765
All, I am looking for an IEM recommendation to pair with Chord Mojo. I had a Shure SE846 which I enjoyed, but something that it is taken over by my wife. I looked at the Campfire Andromeda, but hear it does not pair quite well with the Mojo. The Massdrop Noble K10 drop is interesting, but it is also an old model. Could you folks help me out with IEM in 1k range that could be solid pairing for the Mojo. I listen to mostly rock music (mostly soft rock, like female vocals, some classical). A decent soundstage (need not be the largest), but a good deal of separation and detail/resolution would be nice. I cannot handle sibilance or microphonics. It is hard to go through thousands a pages (a testament to Mojo) to nail down what down I am looking for.

Could you please help me choose an IEM? From India, it is hard for me to audition IEMs in person. Thanks in advance!

I ran a Mojo/Andro combo for a while and really enjoyed it. Just need to put an iFi ieMatch in-line so the OI is brought down to ~1 ohm.

Sep 10, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #37,314 of 42,765
Thanks! Sounds like the CA becomes a viable combination with ieMatch. Does that also take care of the hiss (in this combination) I have heard about?

Thanks then. It definitely looks like CA is an option, was almost on the verge of ruling it out. If anybody else any other inputs on this combination, please let me know. I do appreciate it very much. Critical because, the decision has to be right (not easy to audition, and not easy to sell from India later as well).

Sep 10, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #37,315 of 42,765
Thanks then. It definitely looks like CA is an option, was almost on the verge of ruling it out. If anybody else any other inputs on this combination, please let me know. I do appreciate it very much. Critical because, the decision has to be right (not easy to audition, and not easy to sell from India later as well).

I didn’t find Andromeda too different from 846 with Mojo,a bit more open but quite a large shell. For something different, I would recommend ie800 or ie800S.

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #37,317 of 42,765
All, I am looking for an IEM recommendation to pair with Chord Mojo. I had a Shure SE846 which I enjoyed, but something that it is taken over by my wife. I looked at the Campfire Andromeda, but hear it does not pair quite well with the Mojo. The Massdrop Noble K10 drop is interesting, but it is also an old model. Could you folks help me out with IEM in 1k range that could be solid pairing for the Mojo. I listen to mostly rock music (mostly soft rock, like female vocals, some classical). A decent soundstage (need not be the largest), but a good deal of separation and detail/resolution would be nice. I cannot handle sibilance or microphonics. It is hard to go through thousands a pages (a testament to Mojo) to nail down what down I am looking for.

Could you please help me choose an IEM? From India, it is hard for me to audition IEMs in person. Thanks in advance!
Campfire Andromeda and Atlas sound great driven by the Mojo. Both can use some equalizing, though, especially for taming down the excessive region around 125 Hz. But all IEMs benefit from proper equalizing, and the SE846 is no exception. Moreover an empty filter tube does wonders in terms of clarity and airiness (combined with EQ, of course). PM me if you want some respective advice.

Sep 10, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #37,318 of 42,765

I use Noble Encores and Katanas with my Mojo and find them a great match. I have both as I still can't decide on which to keep. The Encores have a warmer signature than the Katanas but the Katanas are oh so smooth. I also owned the K10 for awhile and really liked them although I sold them before I owned the Mojo. At the mass drop price I think they are a great option. They are warmer than the Encores and have a fun sound signature. There's a reason they received 35 or so 5 star ratings on HeadFi when they first came out. Noble IEMs are not known for heavy bass but they have an extremely well balanced signature. At used prices on Headfi you should be able to get close to your budget for wither the Katana or Encore.

I empathize with you about not being able to try things out as I live in Mexico and have a similar issue with access to dealers. Good luck with your search.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #37,319 of 42,765

Campfire Atlas.

Sep 11, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #37,320 of 42,765
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back