Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 7, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #37,291 of 42,763
Here’s one solution: Chord sells replacement batteries through its dealer network, like it sells cases and cable modules.

in the ideal world everything would be solved by clicking your fingers at Alexa and waiting for the 'drone' to arrive five minutes later.

I have spoken to Chord and things are progressing towards a solution, hopefully things will be sorted with Dealers next week sometime.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #37,292 of 42,763
I am in trouble with the Apple USB-Lighning cable that I need in order to use the Mojo and the iPhone.

It's the third that I buy, original from Apple, it's the third that after a few of month gets broken. I just touch it and the Mojo is disconnected from the iPhone.

There are alternative to buy instead of this, very weak and poor, Apple cable?

Sep 8, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #37,294 of 42,763
I am in trouble with the Apple USB-Lighning cable that I need in order to use the Mojo and the iPhone.

It's the third that I buy, original from Apple, it's the third that after a few of month gets broken. I just touch it and the Mojo is disconnected from the iPhone.

There are alternative to buy instead of this, very weak and poor, Apple cable?
Seems odd. I have had mine for two years and it’s still fine.

Sep 8, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #37,295 of 42,763
In case anyone has a similar issue, I managed to solve my intermittent coax issues. As expected, re-soldering the coax connector tabs cured the problem. It just took ages as I've been waiting for my tools to arrive in NZ from UK!

Sep 8, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #37,296 of 42,763
They service the USA too but the issue is that they will tell you they are a wholesaler and that they do not speak to end consumers.

Okay, fine. I then asked them if they can refer me to a USA dealer. They gave me this link to fill out on their website: https://www.bluebirdmusic.com/find-a-dealer.html

I did so, and never heard anything back. So, they're completely useless to those of us in the USA.

In the USA, the only Chord dealer I know of is Moon-Audio, so you might try contacting them: https://www.moon-audio.com

But Chord really needs to step up their game in the USA and get a more reliable distributor.

BlueBird cares only about what they perceive as THEIR customers, the authorized dealers, and will do whatever they can to not even talk to an end consumer.

@Mojo ideas

I recently had a problem with my Chord Poly, and asked for help from Chord UK who referred me to Bluebird Music Although Bluebird are Toronto based (as am I ), they have an office/ distribution centre in the US, in Denver, CO, I think, and it was from there I got a replacement Poly. They seemed happy enough to deal with me directly, but I would agree the service can be quite spotty.

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #37,297 of 42,763
Hi, should I be worried because my Mojo starts to coil whine while charging? The device is brand new, I bought it from Audio Moon, just received it today. It was charging for a few hours now that was when the coil whine sound start. Does anybody have same problem? Should I request an exchange for a new device incase mine unit was a bad one. Thanks everyone, this freaks me out I have a 3 years old O2/ODAC and never had this problem before. Thanks.

Sep 8, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #37,298 of 42,763
Hi, should I be worried because my Mojo starts to coil whine while charging? The device is brand new, I bought it from Audio Moon, just received it today. It was charging for a few hours now that was when the coil whine sound start. Does anybody have same problem? Should I request an exchange for a new device incase mine unit was a bad one. Thanks everyone, this freaks me out I have a 3 years old O2/ODAC and never had this problem before. Thanks.

The coil whine is normal, most prominently during the final 10-20 minutes of charging. No damage or defect to worry about. Use a good charger (iPad or Anker 2A seem to work well).

Sep 9, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #37,302 of 42,763
FE245DFD-543E-44B4-89F5-BA4008427506.jpeg
full musical joy, works... honest.
Chord ambassador sure support Chord Mojo lol...joking..
Seriously, not much DAP with the same price range have the kind of sound quality and the driving abilities of a Mojo from sensitive iems to full sized headphones.
I love Mojo till I got 2 sets.

Sep 10, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #37,303 of 42,763

I have the same issue, and it's normal, but sometimes I have the same whine while using/charging the mojo at the same time.

Sep 10, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #37,304 of 42,763
All, I am looking for an IEM recommendation to pair with Chord Mojo. I had a Shure SE846 which I enjoyed, but something that it is taken over by my wife. I looked at the Campfire Andromeda, but hear it does not pair quite well with the Mojo. The Massdrop Noble K10 drop is interesting, but it is also an old model. Could you folks help me out with IEM in 1k range that could be solid pairing for the Mojo. I listen to mostly rock music (mostly soft rock, like female vocals, some classical). A decent soundstage (need not be the largest), but a good deal of separation and detail/resolution would be nice. I cannot handle sibilance or microphonics. It is hard to go through thousands a pages (a testament to Mojo) to nail down what down I am looking for.

Could you please help me choose an IEM? From India, it is hard for me to audition IEMs in person. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #37,305 of 42,763
All, I am looking for an IEM recommendation to pair with Chord Mojo. I had a Shure SE846 which I enjoyed, but something that it is taken over by my wife. I looked at the Campfire Andromeda, but hear it does not pair quite well with the Mojo. The Massdrop Noble K10 drop is interesting, but it is also an old model. Could you folks help me out with IEM in 1k range that could be solid pairing for the Mojo. I listen to mostly rock music (mostly soft rock, like female vocals, some classical). A decent soundstage (need not be the largest), but a good deal of separation and detail/resolution would be nice. I cannot handle sibilance or microphonics. It is hard to go through thousands a pages (a testament to Mojo) to nail down what down I am looking for.

Could you please help me choose an IEM? From India, it is hard for me to audition IEMs in person. Thanks in advance!

Another SE846. :)

Or perhaps the iBasso IT04?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back