Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 6, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #37,278 of 42,765
Please at least get on the same page (so to speak) before instructing customers of something which may be incorrect!… Really seems like this is the least we can ask as customers. @OK-Guy @Mojo ideas @Rob Watts

as iterated & as previously iterated before, I am seeking clarification.

you can blame me personally & not Chord for this, I've only recently joined thread to assist Chord (I've been absent from HF for a while doing other stuff, as you do).

'If' I'd known about Rob's post I would of just 'boosted' his post in reply to the original question... I sought clarity from Chord with the 'original' question and posted my reply... I am now seeking advice and will post an answer when I've heard back.

put it down to my naivety, hope that clears any confusion up.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #37,279 of 42,765
I am based in Dubai, UAE... There is a Chord Dealer, Dubai Audio, so maybe it is possible to ship the battery to the dealer?

in the first instance contact your Dealer in Dubai requesting a new battery (via phone/email)… if you get no joy please contact Chord direct (info@chordelectronics.co.uk) and they will advise/help you.

so you all know... all batteries supplied direct from Chord will incur 'Courier cost', there is nothing Chord can do about this, normal postal services 'will not' transport batteries by normal shipping methods so the only option is 'Courier' for International delivery... your Dealer should be able to help with battery replacements, so please contact them as your first 'port of call', hth.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #37,280 of 42,765
in answer to the battery conundrum... it appears confusingly that both replies are correct, here's the explanation...

Firstly, Rob's 'post' is correct, Mojo will indeed reach a point where the charger will match the current Mojo requires to remain on. No 'nett current' enters into the battery; but the battery will supply 'dynamic currents' if required.

The Service-Technicians advice slightly contradicts Rob's because they spend lots of time speaking to customers and users. Over Mojos life span Chord have gathered use/user case feedback and noticed that customers that leave Mojo plugged in all the time and switched on find that Mojo may switch off eventually... Rob is technically correct, however if you play and charge at the same time you need to leave a period of time where Mojo is switched off to allow the battery to fully recharge. Otherwise there is the risk that the net current out of the battery is higher than the charger can supply so the battery will still run low. This also means that the charger is running in high current mode for extended time trying to replenish the battery which is not optimum.

Finally, we have a safety timer built into the charge circuit that means if the battery does not reach full capacity after a period of hours ( approximately 15 hours ) which may happen if the battery is low and you play and charge at the same time then the charger will switch off and the battery will run down. This can only be reset by unplugging and resetting the charger... hope that clears any confusion over previous post.

So in conclusion... my personal advice would be to just unplug the Mojo & Charger from the mains now & again, hth.

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #37,281 of 42,765
So in conclusion... my personal advice would be to just unplug the Mojo & Charger from the mains now & again, hth.

Thanks for the detailed explanation and clearing that up.

For people who like to leave it plugged-in, I recommend getting a USB power only cable with a built-in switch, like this one from adafruit.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2379
2379-01.jpg

Sep 6, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #37,283 of 42,765
Thanks for the detailed explanation and clearing that up.

For people who like to leave it plugged-in, I recommend getting a USB power only cable with a built-in switch, like this one from adafruit.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2379
2379-01.jpg

My solution is better and i use it always connected.

I leave the charger always Plugged but i have an interructor between the electricity and the charger.

In this way also the charger is plugged off and not only the mojo.

Unluckily, as I just stated in a previous post, even with the charger off but with the mojo connected and off, the mojo “lights” randomly with all its balls. Weirdly.

Sorry for the bad english.

Sep 6, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #37,284 of 42,765
@OK-Guy @Mojo ideas I am being tossed around between Chord UK support, dealers and Chord US distributor (Blue Bird Music) with no success in obtaining Mojo battery for self-replacement. The dealer (George Meyer AV) wants me to ship the unit to them and charge $165 for the replacement. Chord UK said they have no authority over the dealers, so they suggest that I contact Blue Bird Music. Blue Bird Music refused to deal with me, simply saying they do not deal with customer and all sale and repair are done through the dealers. I have also contacted other dealers (Moon Audio, etc.) but got no response. Could you just give me a name and a phone number of one of your US dealer that WILL sell me Mojo battery please? Thank you.

Sep 6, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #37,285 of 42,765
@OK-Guy @Mojo ideas I am being tossed around between Chord UK support, dealers and Chord US distributor (Blue Bird Music) with no success in obtaining Mojo battery for self-replacement. The dealer (George Meyer AV) wants me to ship the unit to them and charge $165 for the replacement. Chord UK said they have no authority over the dealers, so they suggest that I contact Blue Bird Music. Blue Bird Music refused to deal with me, simply saying they do not deal with customer and all sale and repair are done through the dealers. I have also contacted other dealers (Moon Audio, etc.) but got no response. Could you just give me a name and a phone number of one of your US dealer that WILL sell me Mojo battery please? Thank you.
The same situation and request from me too!

Sep 6, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #37,286 of 42,765

aerosuffly, this really is disappointing reading believe me and I apologize, unfortunately I can't do anything immediately though give me until tomorrow and hopefully I should have a solution for you & Normanl.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #37,287 of 42,765
These type of retailers that only wanted to sell their products and don't want to provide aftersale services are very irresponsible or the very least they can do is help us consumer to send in our Mojo for battery replacement or sell battery packs as spares.
I wish Chord could sell Mojo and Poly battery packs as spare parts.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #37,288 of 42,765
aerosuffly, this really is disappointing reading believe me and I apologize, unfortunately I can't do anything immediately though give me until tomorrow and hopefully I should have a solution for you & Normanl.
These type of retailers that only wanted to sell their products and don't want to provide services are very irresponsible.
I wish Chord could sell Mojo and Poly battery packs as spare parts.

I summed up the situation (at least in the USA) above:

They service the USA too but the issue is that they will tell you they are a wholesaler and that they do not speak to end consumers.

Okay, fine. I then asked them if they can refer me to a USA dealer. They gave me this link to fill out on their website: https://www.bluebirdmusic.com/find-a-dealer.html

I did so, and never heard anything back. So, they're completely useless to those of us in the USA.

In the USA, the only Chord dealer I know of is Moon-Audio, so you might try contacting them: https://www.moon-audio.com

But Chord really needs to step up their game in the USA and get a more reliable distributor.

BlueBird cares only about what they perceive as THEIR customers, the authorized dealers, and will do whatever they can to not even talk to an end consumer.

Sep 6, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #37,289 of 42,765
Mediahound & all... I do take on board your criticisms and what you say in your post, I make Head-Fi'ers comments/problems/suggestions known to relevant people at Chord but I can only do so much as I don't work for them. I have a special relationship with Chord and I do make suggestions where I see a problem. Sometimes even with the best will in the world things can be difficult to implement due to the 'international' Distributor/Dealer-network processes (not using this as a excuse).

I am talking to the relevant people at Chord about resolving the replacement-battery issue in the USA, hopefully a solution will be found soon so people can purchase one, I can say no more than that as I have no ready answers.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #37,290 of 42,765
Mediahound & all... I do take on board your criticisms and what you say in your post, I make Head-Fi'ers comments/problems/suggestions known to relevant people at Chord but I can only do so much as I don't work for them. I have a special relationship with Chord and I do make suggestions where I see a problem. Sometimes even with the best will in the world things can be difficult to implement due to the 'international' Distributor/Dealer-network processes (not using this as a excuse).

I am talking to the relevant people at Chord about resolving the replacement-battery issue in the USA, hopefully a solution will be found soon so people can purchase one, I can say no more than that as I have no ready answers.

Here’s one solution: Chord sells replacement batteries through its dealer network, like it sells cases and cable modules.

Here’s another: dealer takes it upon th selves to do so: https://www.hifipro.ca/product/chord-electronics-mojo-original-battery-replacement-accessories

Users who are viewing this thread

Back