Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 12, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #35,581 of 42,758
There have probably been 5 Mojos reported with his issue, on this thread during a period of nearly 3 years. That is a failure rate of 1 in 10,000. A similar number of failures with broken usb sockets. It is unfair of anyone, to publicly post that a product has quality issues, when the failure rates are so low. Throw enough mud, and eventually some will stick.

According to reviews from verified purchases on Amazon, the percentage of defect Mojos after 18 months is a lot higher than 5 / 10 000.
1 and 2 star ratings (most of them displeased people with defect mojos after the warranty period) is about 9% + 8% = 17%. That is high and is exactly the reason for my post.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #35,582 of 42,758
According to reviews from verified purchases on Amazon, the percentage of defect Mojos after 18 months is a lot higher than 5 / 10 000.
1 and 2 star ratings (most of them displeased people with defect mojos after the warranty period) is about 9% + 8% = 17%. That is high and is exactly the reason for my post.
Having followed this thread for over two years, and actively participated in providing user help for almost as long, I can tell you that the failure rate is nowhere near as high as 17%.
You are making the classic mistake of extrapolating from a small sample size on Amazon, to the entire number of Mojo owners.
The people who post reviews on Amazon are going to disproportionately feature a high number of complainers. For all products, the 99% of happy owners rarely post a review, and so you just see those with issues.

Mar 12, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #35,583 of 42,758
Having followed this thread for over two years, and actively participated in providing user help for almost as long, I can tell you that the failure rate is nowhere near as high as 17%.
You are making the classic mistake of extrapolating from a small sample size on Amazon, to the entire number of Mojo owners.
The people who post reviews on Amazon are going to disproportionately feature a high number of complainers. For all products, the 99% of happy owners rarely post a review, and so you just see those with issues.
I have to say you are correct, especially on "99% of happy owners rarely post a review, and so you just see those with issues"
Probably my mistake then.

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #35,584 of 42,758
I use my Mojo exclusively for my hifi. How hard would it be to get rid of battery and power direct from wall supply? That would end any future worries about battery replacement costs.
I've never opened a Mojo, but I imagine there would be a plug from the battery which could be replaced with a similar plug with required voltage.

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #35,585 of 42,758
I use my Mojo exclusively for my hifi. How hard would it be to get rid of battery and power direct from wall supply? That would end any future worries about battery replacement costs.
I've never opened a Mojo, but I imagine there would be a plug from the battery which could be replaced with a similar plug with required voltage.
It would be less risky to buy a second hand 2Qute.

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #35,588 of 42,758

I do agree that amazon reviews are generally biased as negative reviews are more likely to be represented than a positive one. I myself definitely post reviews more often if something is defective. If i am really satisfied with a product i'm generally more preoccupied enjoying it to post a review.

I have been considering getting a Mojo (for my Shure 1540s and for an upgrade to focal clears i've set my heart on). I have demoed them a couple of times briefly with both headphones and do love the sound and synergy in both cases.

However i was more than a bit put off reading reports of various battery, charging, mobile interference or micro usb socket issues. Coupled with the experiences some users have reported dealing with chord on repairs and warranty issues, it has made me think twice about pulling the trigger. There does seem to be a fair number of people reporting the same problems, but then again some people do not seem to have any of these issues at all. I am leaning towards taking a chance and hoping that the unit i receive is of the latter category.

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #35,589 of 42,758
hello chord mojo owners, i don't have one myself but am thinking of getting one, but i wanted to ask first if there was some sort of belt pouch/clip/attachment for a chord + poly combo, preferable something you don't have to drill a hole through to plug something in

Mar 13, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #35,590 of 42,758
Mar 14, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #35,592 of 42,758

It uses a standard 2-pin JST connector for power. Proceed at your own risk though.
0GSAI7K.jpg

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #35,594 of 42,758
My 3.5mm jacks are in need of repair for a second time and I'm about to run out of time on my warranty. So I contacted chord about a warranty repair and I was told that he would send an estimate and labor was $100 an hour.. when did they start charging for warranty repairs?

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #35,595 of 42,758
My 3.5mm jacks are in need of repair for a second time and I'm about to run out of time on my warranty. So I contacted chord about a warranty repair and I was told that he would send an estimate and labor was $100 an hour.. when did they start charging for warranty repairs?
is it chord that wants to charge you, or the service/repair centre?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back