Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 6, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #35,299 of 42,759
Small cheap granite slab. done

Feb 6, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #35,300 of 42,759
Hi everyone, first post here so be nice to me.

The answer to this question is probably resting somewhere in this thread, but I don't fancy trawling through 2354 pages looking for it so I will ask it anyway.

I have a Chord Mojo, and the Astell & Kern AK70. Which type of cable would I need, or which would be the best, to connect the two together?

Thanks for your help.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #35,301 of 42,759
Hi everyone, first post here so be nice to me.

The answer to this question is probably resting somewhere in this thread, but I don't fancy trawling through 2354 pages looking for it so I will ask it anyway.

I have a Chord Mojo, and the Astell & Kern AK70. Which type of cable would I need, or which would be the best, to connect the two together?

Thanks for your help.

Tha Folks here are sweethearts compared to Super Audio BF’s :wink:. I picked up my Fiio X7 to Mojo cable from Dyson, on his EBay Site,
Cablearchitect

Feb 6, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #35,303 of 42,759
Could someone tell me how to setup the Mojo with JRiver Media Center?

I either have it on WASAPI with 4x DSD in DoP
qw19EnE.jpg

undefined.jpg

or Asio with 2x DSD in DoP (if I put 4x DSD in this mode it is stuttering)
ozOpne5.jpg

It works ok but it will only play the sound coming from JRiver, if I switch to my browser for example and play a youtube video, the video won't start or if I try to play music in Spotify the song won't play. It will play again if I close JRiver though.

Also the volume control in JRiver does nothing in both modes. Same as the Volume Control in Windows. If I don't use DSD I have no issues.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #35,306 of 42,759

qw19EnE.jpg

undefined.jpg

ozOpne5.jpg

It works ok but it will only play the sound coming from JRiver, if I switch to my browser for example and play a youtube video, the video won't start or if I try to play music in Spotify the song won't play. It will play again if I close JRiver though.

Also the volume control in JRiver does nothing in both modes. Same as the Volume Control in Windows. If I don't use DSD I have no issues.

What am I doing wrong?

Feb 6, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #35,308 of 42,759
To play DSD files, select "DSD" in "Bitstreaming : yes", double
click "Device Setting" and select "DSD streaming in DoP format" and select
"None" in "Output Encoding" of "DSP Studio"

Thanks for your reply. This does not work very well. I still can't use the volume control in JRiver and Windows and can't play Youtube videos. I just noticed they won't work even with my OPPO HA-1. I will contact JRiver about this, I think there's something wrong.

Feb 6, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #35,309 of 42,759
.... can't play Youtube videos. I just noticed they won't work even with my OPPO HA-1. I will contact JRiver about this, I think there's something wrong.

You might consider these posts, from many moons ago:

On my Windows 8.1 all the videos on browser (Chrome) will not play when my Mojo is playing music through Jriver. Any solution to this? Thanks.

You probably have the Mojo set up to have exclusive control on the Playback Devices settings in Sound Control Panel.

This is how it should be, because having two separate programs access one sound device requires Windows Volume Mixer to first intercept the sound, which is the root cause of sound quality degradation.

USB DAC makers spend effort to make sure that no other programs will play sound when the DAC is occupied by the main music player.

speaking of chrome, i still cannot get anything browser based to play through mojo (tried multiple different browsers too) its been wrecking my poor head for days.

obviously its overkill for youtube but if i want to watch it i have to disconnect it to listen to sound through the monitor.

you need to change your default audio output to mojo if on pc

on android i think everything audio will be channeled to the otg audio

mac i have no idea

These, and others, may be found using this thread search:

https://www.head-fi.org/search/6288740/?q=browser&t=post&o=relevance&c[thread]=784602

Please let us all know if you find a solution that works for you.

All the best.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #35,310 of 42,759

qw19EnE.jpg

undefined.jpg

ozOpne5.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

I struggled with this for a long time. I have JRiver Media Center on the JRiver Id (a dedicated NUC) and on a Windows computer. I have two threads on the MC Interact Page that may help. Most of the discussion is about the Id, but there are references to the Windows setup as well:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back