Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 27, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #32,821 of 42,765
So, a couple of questions for those in the know. Is the reason that the Mojo's price was reduced due to a newer version coming out soon, and wouldn't it be nice if Chord would someday come out with an Android base DAP that would allow you to stream?

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #32,822 of 42,765
Guys, i have a stupid question. I bought mojo and when i am using it I end up hearing distortion when going above certain physical headphones volume. I assume that this is headphones clipping or i am wrong and i am driving mojo too hard. i use mojo with AKG K240DF ( i assume DF should be capable of withstanding lots and lots of power, ER4S and HD600.
So are headphones or mojo at fault?

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #32,823 of 42,765
So, a couple of questions for those in the know. Is the reason that the Mojo's price was reduced due to a newer version coming out soon, and wouldn't it be nice if Chord would someday come out with an Android base DAP that would allow you to stream?
As far as I know, the price dropped because of the devaluation of the British Pound

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #32,826 of 42,765
Guys, i have a stupid question. I bought mojo and when i am using it I end up hearing distortion when going above certain physical headphones volume. I assume that this is headphones clipping or i am wrong and i am driving mojo too hard. i use mojo with AKG K240DF ( i assume DF should be capable of withstanding lots and lots of power, ER4S and HD600.
So are headphones or mojo at fault?

are you listening to it line out mode? (4 presses down volume)

line out, can remember its mode if you press up and down volume i believe.

if not

loose cable?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #32,827 of 42,765
Thanks for the info.

eek thats scary im on my 2nd mojo now after having switch off issues, i let its battery drain off 3 times, tried several recharges with different usb cables, 1amp, 2 amp, maplins 2amp wall socket micro usb, computer psu, 2 mains locations. i got a white light charge, first time it died it blinked red, sometimes it blinked white, etc, it got replaced i would of prefered it fixed, but #amazon the serial number for the new one is only a few hundred digits changed last 3 numbers im kind of weary of this now.

i used my first as a 24/7 dac for about 3-4 months half of the time on headphone mode, half on dac, which chord clearly states its ok todo, does the heat kill the battery on charge? i dont want to cycle it every 8 hours thats crazy,

im not sure what todo now, hope for the best? use it like i would do since its my consumer right, right :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #32,829 of 42,765
eek thats scary im on my 2nd mojo now after having switch off issues, i let its battery drain off 3 times, tried several recharges with different usb cables, 1amp, 2 amp, maplins 2amp wall socket micro usb, computer psu, 2 mains locations. i got a white light charge, first time it died it blinked red, sometimes it blinked white, etc, it got replaced i would of prefered it fixed, but #amazon the serial number for the new one is only a few hundred digits changed last 3 numbers im kind of weary of this now.

i used my first as a 24/7 dac for about 3-4 months half of the time on headphone mode, half on dac, which chord clearly states its ok todo, does the heat kill the battery on charge? i dont want to cycle it every 8 hours thats crazy,

im not sure what todo now, hope for the best? use it like i would do since its my consumer right, right :frowning2:

You're using as directed, that should be good...I'm sure there will be a Mojo2 by the time it runs its lifespan

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #32,831 of 42,765
when the Mojo is being used and being charged especially when driving lower impedance there is a net drain on the battery. This means that the charging circuit does not quite provide enough power to power the Dac and amp circuitry and keep charge the battery at the same level this is because we had to limit the amount of charge over a given time due to thermal constraints. Our charging time with the Mojo switched off is usually four or max five hours this is a little inconvenient but when we compare this to other Dac amps that need up to a full twenty four hours to charge we feel that we didn't do such a bad job.

confirming my worse fears ?

so usb, line out = its gonna drain the battery regardless of charge from the mains? but its not running low impedance , is it?
drains because of thermal?
if so what kind of cooling does it need?
what about hot days is 30c ambient, will that cook the battery? ie wont keep its charge?

is it safer to run optical, line out? thats an option for me, but kind of prefer usb

#veryconfused

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #32,835 of 42,765
just dropping this in the thread guys

eyeemfiltered1498585601863.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back