Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 11, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #32,641 of 42,765
I also notice you have my other possible choice the bitfrost multibit any thoughts on the better dac with pairing with a jotunheim????

I find that Bifrost Multibit provides a wider soundstage, a little bit more depth and upper frequency detail than the Mojo. Mojo however sounds a tiny bit warmer, but is also very quick and resolving. Which of the two DACs being better at quick and resolving is debatable. Anyways, you won't have to worry about batteries degrading quickly due to always 100% charged when used as a desktop if you choose to get a desktop DAC equal or slightly better than Mojo (Bifrost Multibit for me). As for the comment with Lyr 2 being more resolving than Asgard 2, IMO I find the Asgard 2 and Jotunheim certainly better resolving in terms of making microdynamic transients sound clearer. If you want to explore more on the DACs, you can try the Questyle CMA600i balanced DAC, but I haven't heard it though so I can't compare it.

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #32,642 of 42,765
I find that Bifrost Multibit provides a wider soundstage, a little bit more depth and upper frequency detail than the Mojo. Mojo however sounds a tiny bit warmer, but is also very quick and resolving. Which of the two DACs being better at quick and resolving is debatable. Anyways, you won't have to worry about batteries degrading quickly due to always 100% charged when used as a desktop if you choose to get a desktop DAC equal or slightly better than Mojo (Bifrost Multibit for me). As for the comment with Lyr 2 being more resolving than Asgard 2, IMO I find the Asgard 2 and Jotunheim certainly better resolving in terms of making microdynamic transients sound clearer. If you want to explore more on the DACs, you can try the Questyle CMA600i balanced DAC, but I haven't heard it though so I can't compare it.

Thanks for the info, im still in 2 minds I dont need portability ( have fiio x7/am3 and opus/1).
Between your replys/advice i read more again on bitfrost multibit; it was my first choice when I decided to buy desktop dac as i only have portable daps.
Thanks again for your help , still I'm uncertain which route il go but your advice is valuable owning both.

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #32,643 of 42,765
What a disgusting and arrogant reply you got. They know what is going on, believe me, they must have been inundated with complaints from owners of all manner of devices that have stopped working correctly with apple products after the IOS update.

Fortunately we are free to direct our business to whomever we want. In other words, if you don't like it, then don't buy their stuff.

I agree with boycotting Apple. ITunes alone is enough to cause trauma. I never used it often, but last time I did, I could not get my iPod Shuffle to show up. After about two hours, googling, swearing, fuming, and raging, I found I had to click preferences. Then click show drives or something, yet I could see all my PC hard drives. (Might have been show external components. - but who cares.) Has the be the height of stupidity.

Then once I updated my Shuffle to a newer version of software. In the process the new software did not include 'Voice Over'. Meaning instead of folder names, artist names, song titles; I get folder 1, 2, 3, etc. Constantly gives me server failed when I try to fix it.

Basically to fix it, I need to buy a new iPod. They can stuff that. Never buying Apple again, ever. I guess they work on the premise, that some folk will not have the confidence to not buy Apple. Due to peer pressure.

Gonna get a (non-Apple product) file transport for Mojo instead.

@Mython, yeah I nearly gave up on Head-Fi too. Only used it about five times since they changed it.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #32,644 of 42,765
update: just upgraded my iPod touch to 10.3.2 and it works with the Mojo,
so the issue may be with the original CCK....the newer (and firmware updated) USB 3 CCK
works flawlessly.

Could the fix be this simple? I think so, based on my experience.

...anyone out there with the original CCK working with Mojo in 10.3.2?
iOS will update CCK automatically when you plug it into iPhone.

Jun 12, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #32,646 of 42,765
is the cck3 fix now a definite YES it works or is it more experimenting? i will have a hugo 2 soon and would like to use it with my ipad mini retina. thanks to all.

Jun 13, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #32,647 of 42,765
is the cck3 fix now a definite YES it works or is it more experimenting? i will have a hugo 2 soon and would like to use it with my ipad mini retina. thanks to all.

no... i don't think it's been 100% resolved. but i had a five hour flight yesterday using iPhone 6S and Mojo with original CCK and experienced zero dropouts. but firmware is the same as when i got dropouts a couple of days ago. rolling the dice...

Jun 13, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #32,648 of 42,765
After listening to this briliiant little amp for a few weeks, i really like the quality and features. A little glitch which i always encounter on iPhone is that it somehow 'mutes' itself after a while, but the player continues to play. Not sure why, but i had to disconnect/reconnect pretty frequently. Anyone had this issue? Using iPhone 7+ and Kaisertone.

Another small 'issue' is the sampling rate. Though I read on some other thread that the ball isn't capable of outputting a pure white color while playing DSD, I can't help but to find the light purple very similar to the 768 light shown in the manual. Anyone managed to make it show pure white?

Edit: I solved the mystery of the white ball shortly after posting. The light setting must be set to the brighter setting and seen from roughly 45 degrees with the headphone jacks facing you. LOL!

Still need help with the random 'mutes' though...

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #32,649 of 42,765
After listening to this briliiant little amp for a few weeks, i really like the quality and features. A little glitch which i always encounter on iPhone is that it somehow 'mutes' itself after a while, but the player continues to play. Not sure why, but i had to disconnect/reconnect pretty frequently. Anyone had this issue? Using iPhone 7+ and Kaisertone.

Another small 'issue' is the sampling rate. Though I read on some other thread that the ball isn't capable of outputting a pure white color while playing DSD, I can't help but to find the light purple very similar to the 768 light shown in the manual. Anyone managed to make it show pure white?

[font color="blue"]Edit: I solved the mystery of the white ball shortly after posting. The light setting must be set to the brighter setting and seen from roughly 45 degrees with the headphone jacks facing you. LOL![/font]

It's been discussed endlessly for the last month or two. The "random mutes" are a bug introduced in iOS 10.3.1 (I think it was that version)

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #32,650 of 42,765

Edit: I solved the mystery of the white ball shortly after posting. The light setting must be set to the brighter setting and seen from roughly 45 degrees with the headphone jacks facing you. LOL!

all the posts directly above yours are discussing it!

Jun 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #32,651 of 42,765
Chord Mojo Battery Replacement.

Ok, it's a few days over the warranty period for the Mojo. During the entire year, I have connected the chord mojo as a desktop DAC and it was left on 24/7 and charging.

Eventually, the chord mojo randomly would stop charging due to the fact it was constantly being powered. I hacked around this problem by using a cheap timer which would turn off power every several hours for about 30 minutes. It works great for about 6 months.

Now I think I need to replace the battery, anyone knows the exact model number of the battery and where to get it - I am decent at soldering.

Jun 13, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #32,652 of 42,765
I'm using the Mojo together with an iPhone SE using a Apple CCK. Works fine SQ wise, but I'm experiencing intermittent interference which is something that I have experienced while connected to my MBP late 2013 as well. Is there an easy solution for this? Getting e.g. an iFi iSilencer? I've tried using airplane mode and while I think it helped a bit it did not completely solve the issue.

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #32,653 of 42,765
looking for a Lavricable or Penon lightning to micro cable. Let me know if any of you have one and wants to part with it.

I have the L19 and it works great but the way that its angled i can't charge and use the mojo at the same time.

I have a cck and usb otg but I like my cables neat clean for portable use.

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #32,654 of 42,765
BTW for anyone wondering if that eBay OTG that goes straight from micro-to-C works, it does. Works like a charm.

Jun 13, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #32,655 of 42,765
Chord Mojo Battery Replacement.

Ok, it's a few days over the warranty period for the Mojo. During the entire year, I have connected the chord mojo as a desktop DAC and it was left on 24/7 and charging.

Eventually, the chord mojo randomly would stop charging due to the fact it was constantly being powered. I hacked around this problem by using a cheap timer which would turn off power every several hours for about 30 minutes. It works great for about 6 months.

Now I think I need to replace the battery, anyone knows the exact model number of the battery and where to get it - I am decent at soldering.

Had mine plugged in 24/7 for 8 months before i still get 6-9 hours battery now iv gone fully portable.

I dont know if you can buy the battery from anywhere, i think its custom spec for chord.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back