Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 25, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #32,386 of 42,759
That's a lot of gear & cables for... earbuds
nosmile.gif

May 25, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #32,387 of 42,759
That's a lot of gear & cables for... earbuds
nosmile.gif

It is. They are Venture Electronic Zen 2.0 Black Edition, which are 320Ω. I would not try and get on the plane with this setup, lol.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #32,389 of 42,759
Quick Q y'all. I thought the Mojo auto-detected sampling bitrate, according to the manual, but mine doesn't seem to do that. It goes by whatever I have it set in Windows. Is there any way to have it go automatic?

May 25, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #32,391 of 42,759
Does anyone know of an OTG adapter for an Android phone which would allow me to charge my phone while keeping it connected to the Mojo?

I went down that path, found nothing. Suggest you try wireless charging if possible. FYI Startech makes excellent OTG cables at a cheap price.

May 25, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #32,392 of 42,759
With UAPP the native android upsampling is disabled as UAPP uses their own driver. This is why I use UAPP, I don't want my music upsampled. I'm on S7E and UAPP performed flawlessly with both marshmallow and nougat.
Fully agree I use UAPP with my OnePlus 3 under Nougat. It works properly, with Meenova cable it pairs with Mojo.
The issue UAPP can not play Tidal Offline (only can stream) and that's a handicap for me.
I don't understand why UAPP can not play Tidal Offline meanwhile all specific android USB drivers of mid/high DAPs (FiiO X5, iBasso, etc.) can do it

May 25, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #32,393 of 42,759
@almarti I can check to see if X5iii to Mojo is working with the latest firmware in a few minutes. I don't have the EtherFlow... but I do have hard to drive earbuds (Venture Electronics Zen 2.0 Standard in Balanced form, as well as the "Black Edition" of the Zen 2.0 as well). I also have the Sennheiser HD6XX sitting next to me, and the X5iii does drive the HD6XX to loud levels, synergy is subjective though.

Update: Yes, X5iii to Mojo is working well through USB or Coaxial. The latest Firmware seems to have corrected the USB problem.

Though, I will admit... I rarely pair them, as I feel the X5iii is strong enough on it's own.

Nice photo. Thanks for the clarification, I had an HD600 so I can confirm then than Ether Flow will be very well driven.
Which cable are you using for coax connection?

May 25, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #32,394 of 42,759
I went down that path, found nothing. Suggest you try wireless charging if possible. FYI Startech makes excellent OTG cables at a cheap price.

I tried wireless charging. My LG G3 won't wirelessly charge if something is connected to the usb. Couldn't find any settings to change and asked here without anybody replying that they had succeeded.

May 25, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #32,396 of 42,759
Fully agree I use UAPP with my OnePlus 3 under Nougat. It works properly, with Meenova cable it pairs with Mojo.
The issue UAPP can not play Tidal Offline (only can stream) and that's a handicap for me.
I don't understand why UAPP can not play Tidal Offline meanwhile all specific android USB drivers of mid/high DAPs (FiiO X5, iBasso, etc.) can do it

UAPP cannot save offline files because Tidal has not granted them a license to do so. Only the app from the app store can save songs offline; which is why the Fiio x5 III can do it.

May 25, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #32,397 of 42,759
I tried wireless charging. My LG G3 won't wirelessly charge if something is connected to the usb. Couldn't find any settings to change and asked here without anybody replying that they had succeeded.

Yup I had the same problem with my LG V10. Wireless charging doesn't work with anything plugged into the USB port.

May 25, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #32,398 of 42,759
Nice photo. Thanks for the clarification, I had an HD600 so I can confirm then than Ether Flow will be very well driven.
Which cable are you using for coax connection?

Thanks. The cable itself is DIY (quick and dirty to just "test" the Coax out), but the wire is Toxic Cables Viper.

May 25, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #32,399 of 42,759
UAPP cannot save offline files because Tidal has not granted them a license to do so. Only the app from the app store can save songs offline; which is why the Fiio x5 III can do it.
I downloaded UAPP from the Play Store and paid for the license. So, then, has UAPP to pay more to Tidal as it is supposed FiiO has done to enable Tidal offline in its DAP line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back