Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 8, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #30,931 of 42,759

...And here I thought I was decided on silver. That black is hawt.

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #30,933 of 42,759
I have tried two DAPs (Shanling M1 and Hidizs AP60 as USB transports) and some apps with the Mojo and here is my findings about them. Any comments will be very welcomed!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820595/hidizs-ap60/510#post_13323067

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820595/hidizs-ap60/510#post_13323174

P.S.: BTW I've got the best sound from the Mojo with an Audiolab 8200CD/V12 outputting optical Toslink stream to the optical input in the Mojo.

I've read your reviews. I also have both the A60 and M1 and use them as transport for my Mojo. I also find that M1 might have a ''lighter" sound compare to the A60 but I found that this ''light'' feel is more the fact that the M1 is more transparent and has more ''air''. So I ended up using my M1 as transport with my Mojo and give the A60 to my son that use it as his daily dap. But I would say that both are quite good as transport and whatever people might say, different transport do sound different thru Mojo!!!!

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #30,935 of 42,759
My Mojo whines when charged from the Schiit Wyrd and iFi iPower 9V power supply, but is silent when charged from my laptop.

Not sure if it would charge faster from the Wyrd, but it seems like the whining can't do it any good, and it would be a shame if it damaged it somehow.

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #30,936 of 42,759
  My Mojo whines when charged from the Schiit Wyrd and iFi iPower 9V power supply, but is silent when charged from my laptop.

Not sure if it would charge faster from the Wyrd, but it seems like the whining can't do it any good, and it would be a shame if it damaged it somehow.

That has been my issue from the beginning. The replacement is a bit quieter, but...I guess it is a common thing here and Chord seems to think it is "OK". 

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #30,937 of 42,759
  That has been my issue from the beginning. The replacement is a bit quieter, but...I guess it is a common thing here and Chord seems to think it is "OK". 

Do you get any noise when charging from a laptop? (I don't.)

I also noticed the Mojo charge light going on and off from the Wyrd, so I get the feeling I shouldn't charge it from that.

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #30,938 of 42,759

I also noticed the Mojo charge light going on and off from the Wyrd, so I get the feeling I shouldn't charge it from that.

If the light is going on/off then you aren't charging the Mojo properly. A blinking charge indicator light shows you aren't supplying the minimum 1A current to the Mojo.

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #30,939 of 42,759

The light cycling on and off, sounds like the wyrd power supply is not supplying 1 amp, so the mojo keeps going through a cycle of:

• start charging and check if 1 amp
    If not 1 amp then stop charging
    Wait a few seconds then restart charging and check ampage again
    Etc
It is explained in post 3 I think

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #30,941 of 42,759
If the light is going on/off then you aren't charging the Mojo properly. A blinking charge indicator light shows you aren't supplying the minimum 1A current to the Mojo.

The light cycling on and off, sounds like the wyrd power supply is not supplying 1 amp, so the mojo keeps going through a cycle of:
  1. start charging and check if 1 amp
    If not 1 amp then stop charging
    Wait a few seconds then restart charging and check ampage again
    Etc
It is explained in post 3 I think

I kind of just assumed the Wyrd and iFi iPower 9V power supply would supply (lol) more than my laptop would, but perhaps not.

What do you think causes the louder whine here?

In any case, I'm just fine with continuing to charge it from my laptop as I always do.

Actually, even charging from the laptop, there's a small whine, but I can only barely hear it when I put my ear right against the Mojo; otherwise it's not audible.

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #30,942 of 42,759

I got it also from my laptop (running off of battery). I haven't tried with the new one.

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #30,943 of 42,759

I kind of just assumed the Wyrd and iFi iPower 9V power supply would supply (lol) more than my laptop would, but perhaps not.

What do you think causes the louder whine here?

In any case, I'm just fine with continuing to charge it from my laptop as I always do.

Actually, even charging from the laptop, there's a small whine, but I can only barely hear it when I put my ear right against the Mojo; otherwise it's not audible.

Originally Posted by Rob Watts 

The problem is a noisy USB VBUS power line, and this makes the inductors in Mojo vibrate. Also, some USB cables have high resistance, and this makes the problem worse - so using a different cable can make the mechanical noise go away. The PSU itself can make it better or worse. Don't worry about it if you hear the noise, Mojo is not faulty and will continue to be reliable.

Rob

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #30,944 of 42,759
Originally Posted by Rob Watts 

The problem is a noisy USB VBUS power line, and this makes the inductors in Mojo vibrate. Also, some USB cables have high resistance, and this makes the problem worse - so using a different cable can make the mechanical noise go away. The PSU itself can make it better or worse. Don't worry about it if you hear the noise, Mojo is not faulty and will continue to be reliable.

I thought the Wyrd was all about cleaner power, so why would it do this?

Could the cause instead be the iFi iPower 9V power supply?

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #30,945 of 42,759

I thought the Wyrd was all about cleaner power, so why would it do this?

Could the cause instead be the iFi iPower 9V power supply?

Sorry, I have no idea, never used the Wyrd or iFi iPower. Actually, I've never heard any noise while charging. Strange also that your Wyrd/iFi isn't supplying at least 1A current. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack to find a remedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back