Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 19, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #30,436 of 42,759
Since I use my Mojo on my desk all the time, if it whined I would not have kept it. I could not cope with it fizzing while I am sat at my desk doing other stuff. I guess I got very lucky that I have had two that are silent. Maybe it's my charger though. I could try my new Anker charger and see how that gets on with the Mojo. Then let you folks know what happened. (I just never got round to using the new Anker one yet.)

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #30,437 of 42,759
I have a feeling the older Mojo's behave differently with regards to the 'hissing whilst long term charging' problem.
I've been through two of the 'newer' units and trust me, no charger or cable (at least none of the recommended ones) will make any difference, I learnt this the expensive way by buying and testing them all. Even the fancy iFi iPower one makes no difference (see my previous posts for the specifics). 
In the meantime if someone id having hissing problems with a 'newer' Mojo please do not parrot the 'you must read post #3' 'you need the Anker charger and cable' as this makes absolutely no difference vs the (common) Apple charger with the supplied Mojo cable.

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #30,438 of 42,759
  I have a feeling the older Mojo's behave differently with regards to the 'hissing whilst long term charging' problem.
I've been through two of the 'newer' units and trust me, no charger or cable (at least none of the recommended ones) will make any difference, I learnt this the expensive way by buying and testing them all. Even the fancy iFi iPower one makes no difference (see my previous posts for the specifics). 
In the meantime if someone id having hissing problems with a 'newer' Mojo please do not parrot the 'you must read post #3' 'you need the Anker charger and cable' as this makes absolutely no difference vs the (common) Apple charger with the supplied Mojo cable.

Yeah, based on my testing with quality cables and apple chargers I don't expect the Anker charger to make a difference.

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #30,439 of 42,759
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I may pet it because I miss my old cats. (Cats are the best! mreoww)

I disagree, I'm a dog guy
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #30,440 of 42,759
iv had 2 mojos, they both hiss but my newest unit crackles and hisses.

does it bother me? no I don't care to be honest as it only does it at trickle charge.

if its too problematic then do what others have said, charge and disconnect before you listen

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #30,441 of 42,759
If anyone is interested,

This is the cable I use to charge mine AudioQuest Forest Micro USB Cable; Size: 0.75m.

No noise issues what so ever. Plugged in all the time 24/7 as its my main dac I use for my desktop.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #30,442 of 42,759
If anyone is interested,

This is the cable I use to charge mine AudioQuest Forest Micro USB Cable; Size: 0.75m.

No noise issues what so ever. Plugged in all the time 24/7 as its my main dac I use for my desktop.

What is your charger, or do you have it running from your PC?

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #30,444 of 42,759
Am I the reason you bought a Mojo? :cool:

Both yourself and a lot of other community member feedback definetly helped make my decission easier. Probably one of the most positively reviewed dacs out there from what I seen as well. Price wasn't even a prohibitive factor for me more about choosing the best option for my needs, and this thing just blew me away the day I connected it ip to my pc via optical audio cable.

I still havent bought the cavalli LC yet haha. Just love the sound of the Mojo so much at the moment by itself.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #30,446 of 42,759
I'm still curious whether it would sound better via optical instead of USB on my system...but I don't have optical output on my laptop, so it's too much trouble for me to bother with for now.

If you want to improve the sound from your laptop invest in an Intona! Once you do you really won't want to listen without it. It really helps bring everything into focus and enhances Mojo's musicality.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #30,447 of 42,759

this thing just blew me away the day I connected it ip to my pc via optical audio cable.

I'm still curious whether it would sound better via optical instead of USB on my system...but I don't have optical output on my laptop, so it's too much trouble for me to bother with for now.

You can try different USB cables. Sound quality improves a lot with better USB cables, specially with Mojo.
Personally, i will always go for USB over TOslink. Yes, USB has noise but that can be overcome via good usb cables and ferrite cores. I find USB cable sound is superior to toslink.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #30,448 of 42,759
If you want to improve the sound from your laptop invest in an Intona! Once you do you really won't want to listen without it. It really helps bring everything into focus and enhances Mojo's musicality.

You can try different USB cables. Sound quality improves a lot with better USB cables, specially with Mojo.
Personally, i will always go for USB over TOslink. Yes, USB has noise but that can be overcome via good usb cables and ferrite cores. I find USB cable sound is superior to toslink.

I'd rather put the money toward the Hugo 2, SOtM sMS-200, and Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i5.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #30,449 of 42,759
I'd rather put the money toward the Hugo 2, SOtM sMS-200, and Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i5. :evil:

The Intona will benefit the Hugo 2 since it doesn't have galvanic isolation, and it will greatly improve your Mojo. The SMs 200 and small green computer are also an excellent option, but I'd be willing to bet that with the stock power supply, adding Intona in the chain would further improve the sound.

Just my two cents ofc :)

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #30,450 of 42,759

I'd rather put the money toward the Hugo 2, SOtM sMS-200, and Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i5.
evil_smiley.gif

I will be buying Sotm-Sms200 for sure ... really good option, now it has wifi enabled also !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back