Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 2, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #29,971 of 42,765
  Convert them to ALAC.  AIFF is uncompressed and will result in larger files.  ALAC will be slightly smaller than your current FLAC's - all the while remaining full resolution

I was merely mentioning it as an option. I use uncompressed files because hard drive space is not an issue for me. For portable use, I'd go full lossy with AAC to fit more music onto portable devices. But some may not want to do that.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #29,973 of 42,765
Thanks to you both for the responses. I ended up downloading the Onkyo HF app for the iPhone and adding the FLAC files to the folder. When I play 44/16 on the Onkyo app the Mojo indicator goes red, which makes sense; however, when I play 96/24 or 192/24 the indicator doesn't change color. What could be going on? 

EDIT: Never mind, it is working now. Sounds great!

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #29,974 of 42,765
You guys should read the DX200 thread as there's a couple posters commenting there that they prefer it to the Mojo and Hugo. Now, they really don't go in to much detail (as far as I've read so far) but they just say it's 'better' with more air and soundstage. I haven't heard the thing myself but as with any new product launch there is going to be a flood of posts to weed through, and more time, to get a better consensus of the product. So far it seems to me they all feel the DX200 is better than everything that's out there right now.

I haven't been able to get a solid read on the DX200 yet as there are many comments about the 'air' and clear treble, and then others say it's a warm DAP with forward mids. Maybe it has it all. Also, some owners say it needs a couple hundred hours to sound its best (honestly).
rolleyes.gif

Edit: A couple PMs later and I guess the DX200 is slightly colder than the DX90 and obviously the Mojo. Pick your poison.

Hi!
Thank you for answers.

The fact that I have both devices, burned Mojo with 1000+ hours and DX200 was burned just only 50 hours.
I am in some confusion, everyone including iBasso is talking about the benefits of the player in front of Mojo. But at the moment my Mojo is playing better, more sweeter, airy and voluminous. DX200 slightly more detailed and lukewarm, with a wide stage, but bass and mid is worse than drawn. The sound of a hard and squeezed. But before I can draw conclusions that: 1. The player is not warmed up, 2. USB cable were used for comparisons of staff (not silver as in the case of Mojo). I do not exclude that after completion of these two points, the player will play better Mojo. And the output of the amplifier is not used balanced output. So much for the comparisons as a USB DAC.
If you play music directly from the player, the sound is somehow better, in everything. It is comparing to USB DAC. And I think in this case it is almost on par with Mojo. Possible explanations of this I have a few: 1. Quality of standard USB cable is bad. 2. iBasso USB DAC does not support 32bit? Mojo has 32bit/768kHz. 3. The problem with the drivers? In the driver settings there is option 24bit/44.1kHz only. Very sad for such a reference dac. 4. Perhaps not the best used electric chain USB.

So yet that is the case I may with the burning and replacing the cable, everything will change dramatically to the best side. And if indeed the USB DAC supports 32bit and 384kHz iBasso team need to modify the drivers. 

I will keep you informed about further events.

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #29,975 of 42,765

Thanks for the impressions!

:beerchug:

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #29,978 of 42,765
It's good to hear the gateway is working .....go on ......you know you want to try Hugo2 :sunglasses:

Any word on what the US price will be?

I know that in the past, US prices for Chord products ended up being higher than in the UK. As I understand it, this was due to the US Chord distributor rather than Chord themselves. If I recall, I read that things are being worked on so that there is less of a price gap between countries.

Also, is the official name Hugo 2 or Hugo2? (On the product page, it says Hugo 2.)

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #29,980 of 42,765
Any word on what the US price will be?

I know that in the past, US prices for Chord products ended up being higher than in the UK. As I understand it, this was due to the US Chord distributor rather than Chord themselves. If I recall, I read that things are being worked on so that there is less of a price gap between countries.

Also, is the official name Hugo 2 or Hugo2? (On the product page, it says Hugo 2.)

Hugo II

haha, I really don't know. Does it matter if it has the space or not? As long as that space doesn't change it's sound... :)

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #29,981 of 42,765
Previously websites weree showing $2,500 now they're showing $2,300.

Can you link me to US dealers that list that price, please?

I've seen it between $1,800 and $2,300 from UK dealers (since some of them let US customers buy from them, then go to the UK and pick them up, and without VAT too), but I was asking about US dealers.

Feb 3, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #29,982 of 42,765

i tried this a while ago coming from audio output of my motherboard, the results compared to mojo was cold, thin and harsh. going back to mojo was lush and musical.

It's good to hear the gateway is working .....go on ......you know you want to try Hugo2 :sunglasses:

Your missing the real entry level market.  Something 1/6 to 1/3 the processing power of Mojo.  Big as USB stick.  Under $220.

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #29,984 of 42,765
If anyone can give me some feedback regarding  my imac to coax on mojo as a possibility would be great. my post 2/3 pages back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back