Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 30, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #29,837 of 42,759
Yes I have the final fantasy 13 piano collection CD with crystal piano on the artwork. Beautiful emotional sound that bring back a lot memories from playing the game years ago.

I bought that one too! Is that the only one you got?

I must have spent over a thousand bucks on Final Fantasy soundtracks alone. Even got my hands on some really rare limited editions. Tonight I'm playing select tracks from IX, VIII, VII, XIII, XIII-2, and Lightning Returns.

Look how many there are.
eek.gif

http://vgmdb.net/search?q=final+fantasy&field=date

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #29,838 of 42,759
  even if its constant? basically as long as the device is powered down and charging it constantly makes a hissing sound. when its powered on its silent. does that mean we shouldn't leave the device off when plugged in to charge?

Mine does this, doesn't bother me because I throw it on the charger when I'm not listening to it.  And it's off the charger when I'm using it.  

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #29,839 of 42,759
On the topic of the mojo charging hiss... and mojo power in general.  I was thinking that most of the USB power adapters that I have are the switching type.  They are really small marvels of technology but whatever they did to shrink their size probably injects a high frequency noise through to the mojo.  I recently saw this monstrosity on eBay -- a fully linear USB power supply.  Probably wastes enormous amounts of power, but look at the insides of this thing, all those caps, and clean DC USB power. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181467993450?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, so I can't say one way or the other if this would improve the sound coming out of the Mojo.  Any thoughts on this?

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #29,840 of 42,759
I was looking for a new charger for Mojo, only a day or two ago. All the ones I found on Amazon are 2A or 2.4A per socket. Whereas the two I have are 1A.

However one broke. For no explicable reason the plastic earth pin snapped on one of them. Anyway I am kind of nervous about getting a 2A, thinking it might make the battery charge faster. Meaning could it be faster than is healthy for the battery: not sure about this.

I know it's been documented in the third post about 2A chargers. Still nervous though coz I don't understand rechargeable battery specifics. I recall the Mojo website and manual says 1A. While I realise that a higher wattage charger on electronics would make no difference. (Being that a device can only draw the power it uses.) I am not sure how that goes with re-chargeable batteries.

@UNOE  yeh I have been looking at the M1 on Amazon. @GRUMPYOLDGUY I think the A15 is just about OK value, but the price varies a lot. Like it was reduced on Amazon just before x-mas for a few hours to £90, but it can cost £200. I should have bought it at £90, but I was deliberating DAP or phone. 

Thing is that a few years ago I used to have an iPod generation one. It was fine for just walking about with out of the home. (I loved it to be honest.) I think the Sony A15 will have good enough sound for me without Mojo.

Overall though I think DAPs are expensive. Like £500 for a ZX1. However that's why Sony are a multi-billion dollar company etc. What people are thinking spending £1000 on a DAP baffles me. (I know the Mojo is different per se.)

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #29,841 of 42,759
Overall though I think DAPs are expensive. Like £500 for a ZX1. However that's why Sony are a multi-billion dollar company etc.

Multi-billion-dollar companies don't get there by selling luxury niche market items like that, but from selling countless "normal" products and/or services to the masses.

Check out this article about Sony's history: http://factsanddetails.com/japan/cat24/sub157/item918.html

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #29,842 of 42,759
  I was looking for a new charger for Mojo, only a day or two ago. All the ones I found on Amazon are 2A or 2.4A per socket. Whereas the two I have are 1A.

However one broke. For no explicable reason the plastic earth pin snapped on one of them. Anyway I am kind of nervous about getting a 2A, thinking it might make the battery charge faster. Meaning could it be faster than is healthy for the battery: not sure about this.

I know it's been documented in the third post about 2A chargers. Still nervous though coz I don't understand rechargeable battery specifics. I recall the Mojo website and manual says 1A. While I realise that a higher wattage charger on electronics would make no difference. (Being that a device can only draw the power it uses.) I am not sure how that goes with re-chargeable batteries.

2A charger won't do any harm to Mojo, cause Mojo won't draw more than 1A current from the charger. So there won't be any Note7 fiasco :D . I use Motorola 5V/2A charger with Amazon basics 6 feet cable...!

Jan 30, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #29,843 of 42,759

2A charger won't do any harm to Mojo, cause Mojo won't draw more than 1A current from the charger. So there won't be any Note7 fiasco :D . I use Motorola 5V/2A charger with Amazon basics 6 feet cable...!

I think I vaguely remember someone saying they charged faster or Mojo was warmer with a high wattage (higher ampage) charger. That's a long time ago though so I may be wrong.

Like I said though, I don't know what the batteries work in this respect. Or if the Mojo employs power regulation on the charging circuit. Maybe it's determined by the voltage and battery properties like with discreet components. (I am just thinking out loud so please forgive me.)

Anyway a quick google, gives me two opposite answers.
1. Someone charging a phone, and it draws the same power whatever the charger. https://www.quora.com/What-happens-when-we-charge-our-mobile-with-5V-2A-rated-charger-instead-of-5V-1A-rated-charger-Will-charging-faster-damage-the-battery
2. This page says batteries will charge faster with higher ampage chargers. http://lifehacker.com/pay-attention-to-charger-amperage-to-juice-up-your-gadg-1492446246  

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #29,844 of 42,759
You will be perfectly safe using a higher rated charger. Mojo will not draw more current than it ever needed.

Jan 30, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #29,845 of 42,759
I think I vaguely remember someone saying they charged faster or Mojo was warmer with a high wattage (higher ampage) charger. That's a long time ago though so I may be wrong.

Like I said though, I don't know what the batteries work in this respect. Or if the Mojo employs power regulation on the charging circuit. Maybe it's determined by the voltage and battery properties like with discreet components. (I am just thinking out loud so please forgive me.)

Anyway a quick google, gives me two opposite answers.
1. Someone charging a phone, and it draws the same power whatever the charger. https://www.quora.com/What-happens-when-we-charge-our-mobile-with-5V-2A-rated-charger-instead-of-5V-1A-rated-charger-Will-charging-faster-damage-the-battery
2. This page says batteries will charge faster with higher ampage chargers. http://lifehacker.com/pay-attention-to-charger-amperage-to-juice-up-your-gadg-1492446246  

Phones and Mojo is internally regulated with regards to charge amperage. If your phone can take a 2amp charge current a 1 amp Wallwart would charge twice as slow. Some older wallwarts are less, so the article is not wrong. Doesn't matter if you have a 5 amp charger, the internal regulation will only draw what it is designed to draw.

Jan 30, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #29,846 of 42,759

I'm surprised you don't use a silver plated unobtanium power cable... aren't you worried the rogue electrons will negatively impact SQ?

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #29,847 of 42,759

I'm surprised you don't use a silver plated unobtanium power cable... aren't you worried the rogue electrons will negatively impact SQ?
Lol, that was nice sarcasm...i know we have history of arguments on micro usb cable topic...
but i believe power cable in case of mojo doesn't affect the sound..because Mojo is always taking the power from battery...so giving good linear power supply with help of good power cables will give zero effect on sound...

FYI ... I just got Forza audio micro usb cables and it sounds better than my previous penon's pure copper and pure silver otg cable..

Jan 30, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #29,848 of 42,759
Please recommend me a decent  (and by that I do NOT mean extortionate costing) USB to Mojo cable to use with my Macbook Air.
It must be able to be used to charge the Mojo as well, whether that makes a difference to the cable quality.................
I am UK based so if you could include a link, thx kindly :)

Jan 30, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #29,849 of 42,759
Please recommend me a decent  (and by that I do NOT mean extortionate costing) USB to Mojo cable to use with my Macbook Air.
It must be able to be used to charge the Mojo as well, whether that makes a difference to the cable quality.................
I am UK based so if you could include a link, thx kindly :)

Anker Powerline+ cables are some good, robust cables. Those are on Amazon.

Is there something wrong with the cable you have?

Jan 30, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #29,850 of 42,759
Anker Powerline+ cables are some good, robust cables. Those are on Amazon.

Is there something wrong with the cable you have?

Hi,
Nothing wrong, just a little short as I am using the one that came with the Mojo and with Macbook on my knee, the Mojo keeps falling down the gap next to me in the settee! LOL. Errr, just a tiny bit annoying. It always looks like the cable is bending too much. If it were longer................
Thanks. I have seen the Anker cables on there, I will go take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back