Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 29, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #29,821 of 42,765
I'm a half year of use on my Mojo.  Love the sound.  But I'd like to get some feedback on how you guys are dealing with mobile use.  I'm not ready to velcro the thing onto the back of my phone case.  And I'm using a very short, tight usb cord with the appropriate 90 degree jacks.  My problem with this is handheld use.  If I'm holding it, the short usb cord length necessitates holding the two devices together, and it's uncomfortable to say the least -- the bricklike thickness of the two devices together, along with the uneven weight distribution makes it tough to deal with.  

I've looked into cases for the Mojo, but honestly all that leather stuff out there is mainly to keep the various items in the pocket from laying down scratches but not so much for comfort.  

I'm thinking about getting a long USB data cable and just leaving the mojo in my pocket as a pocket warmer and sucking up the unwieldy cord. 

Thoughts?

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #29,822 of 42,765

I don't know what you mean. I want a DAP so I can play music without the Mojo at times, as I said which you quoted.

@jmills8
 yeah I know. The A15 does about seven hours on the Mojo.  It was ages ago it was mentioned in this thread. Not many folk talked about Sony DAPs/Mojo-pair, much at all since.

I was talking about the Mojo Poly combo. Even if you have to use Bluetooth it will sound great and much better than from the phone

I don't want a Poly. I would never take my Mojo out of the house, let alone a Mojo/Poly.

I said above I wanted a Sony DAP to play music when out of the house. (Meaning a cheapish one too.) Then plug into the Mojo if and when needed at home, i.e. when away from PC.

If you want to hail the virtues of the Poly and Hugo, will you do it in a post without quoting me please. I am sick of having to answer the same thing for your benefit.

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #29,823 of 42,765
Try reading my post again rather than turning nasty. I updated my iPhone 5 to 10.3 beta 1 JUST TO HELP YOU and I am telling you it works fine. Okay?

Clearly not a fan of Monty Python then? pmsl. That was lost in my post it would seem.

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #29,824 of 42,765
Google is so annoying sometimes. Amazing how using one different word throws up a whole load of other sites.
For anyone like me addicted to iOS beta's, I just found this on t'interweb

https://beta.applebetas.tk/notes/ios/10.3/beta1.pdf

• Lightning Video Adapters
    Lightning video adapters may not work as expected in this beta. 
  •  

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #29,825 of 42,765
is it normal to have the mojo make a hissing sound (ie the unit itself, audio output is fine) when plugged in to power? brand new unit but it makes this weird noise when its plugged in (both when off and on). the hissing dies down when i plug in the signal cable (unit still off), not sure if i should send my unit back.

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #29,828 of 42,765

I don't know what you mean. I want a DAP so I can play music without the Mojo at times, as I said which you quoted.

@jmills8
 yeah I know. The A15 does about seven hours on the Mojo.  It was ages ago it was mentioned in this thread. Not many folk talked about Sony DAPs/Mojo-pair, much at all since.

I was talking about the Mojo Poly combo. Even if you have to use Bluetooth it will sound great and much better than from the phone

I don't want a Poly. I would never take my Mojo out of the house, let alone a Mojo/Poly.

I said above I wanted a Sony DAP to play music when out of the house. (Meaning a cheapish one too.) Then plug into the Mojo if and when needed at home, i.e. when away from PC.

If you want to hail the virtues of the Poly and Hugo, will you do it in a post without quoting me please. I am sick of having to answer the same thing for your benefit.

I love my Shanling M1

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #29,829 of 42,765
  is it normal to have the mojo make a hissing sound (ie the unit itself, audio output is fine) when plugged in to power? brand new unit but it makes this weird noise when its plugged in (both when off and on). the hissing dies down when i plug in the signal cable (unit still off), not sure if i should send my unit back.

It's normal - it is the charging regulator going into low power mode. Don't worry, there is nothing wrong.

Rob

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #29,830 of 42,765

I don't think Sony DAPs are all that cheap comparatively speaking. But I was thinking about doing something similar... I'm tired of carrying a stack around. I've looked at AK100ii, various Sony DAPs, QP1R. I like the idea of a beater that I can just throw in a pocket and not have to set up the tray table during flights, etc.

The Sony DAPs (ZX1/2) certainly seem like a nice form factor with the right features (namely wifi and offline Tidal), but the proprietary interface is holding me back. But the chassis design also means I won't be worried about beating it up a little. I'm not really sure at this point.

The alternatives aren't much better, but with the Sony at least I can grab one at the local Best Buy. There's a small audio store nearby, maybe I'll check out what they have there. I try to avoid that place though, the last time I went the clowns that work there told me measurements are a farce (in an attempt to convince me I needed a $500 USB cable!!).

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #29,831 of 42,765

Music without the Mojo?!

mirainikki_futurediary__yuno_gasai_crying_gif_by_angel1028-d8tpihz.gif

This! :)

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #29,832 of 42,765

It's normal - it is the charging regulator going into low power mode. Don't worry, there is nothing wrong.

Rob

even if its constant? basically as long as the device is powered down and charging it constantly makes a hissing sound. when its powered on its silent. does that mean we shouldn't leave the device off when plugged in to charge?

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #29,834 of 42,765

After all the complaints about the hissing sound coming from the mojo I decided to open it up and have a look for myself and too my surprise I find a very small snake (chord branded by the looks of it) and it turns out it really does not like the usb cables being plugged in to his little aluminium house, so to show its displeasure after a little while he will start to hiss. Who would have thought he was in there all this time... Btw I have named him Tap the chord snake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back