Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 29, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #29,806 of 42,759
I sort of finally came to the decision that I would buy a Sony A15 Walkman. I'd use it as a Walkman when out of the house, then with Mojo about the home. I went digging around in post three to find out about cables. Under a heading Cables How to Connect to Mojo > Connecting Mojo to Sony Devices > I found the cable recommended. A Sony WMC-NWH10 USB Conversion Cable for Hi Res Audio Output.

However this is not a cheap cable for a simple OTG USB cable. Secondly getting them in the UK is not easy either. All the ebay ones are from Japan, which means costly if needed to be returned. (Honestly it never rains but it pours.) There is one on Amazon.com, but again costly to return tracked from the UK if needed.

I really started falling for the Sony Walkman as it has excellent battery life when used on its own. Now I might have to reconsider a phone. It's difficult knowing which phones will work with Mojo as we have no list. I hate the idea of having to trawl through so many phone models, and finding out all the stuff I want to know. Like does it do HD-audio, is the battery replaceable, etc......Plus I don't really like the idea of dragging a fancy phone around just to play audio. Plus having to find out if its audio is any good before I buy it, (meaning when used without Mojo.)

[COLOR=000080]NB. Thanks to the folks who answered my question on the Mojo screws. It was re-assuring to hear they were meant to be shiny and not painted black. I worried I had one that had been previously opened.[/COLOR]

I was testing the Bluetooth on the Hugo on the NYC Subway and I have to say the sound is quite good! I'm not missing much of anything compared to a wired connection. I did get the occasional pops when I moved Hugo further down into my bag but it went away almost as soon as I heard them. So Apt-X is pretty good. I'm assuming Poly will come with Apt X HD which is the new and improved version that also supports Hi res. So to some things up, even if you have to use bluetooth apt x things will sound good and enjoyable :)

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #29,807 of 42,759

I sort of finally came to the decision that I would buy a Sony A15 Walkman. I'd use it as a Walkman when out of the house, then with Mojo about the home. I went digging around in post three to find out about cables. Under a heading Cables How to Connect to Mojo > Connecting Mojo to Sony Devices > I found the cable recommended. A Sony WMC-NWH10 USB Conversion Cable for Hi Res Audio Output.

However this is not a cheap cable for a simple OTG USB cable. Secondly getting them in the UK is not easy either. All the ebay ones are from Japan, which means costly if needed to be returned. (Honestly it never rains but it pours.) There is one on Amazon.com, but again costly to return tracked from the UK if needed.

I really started falling for the Sony Walkman as it has excellent battery life when used on its own. Now I might have to reconsider a phone. It's difficult knowing which phones will work with Mojo as we have no list. I hate the idea of having to trawl through so many phone models, and finding out all the stuff I want to know. Like does it do HD-audio, is the battery replaceable, etc......Plus I don't really like the idea of dragging a fancy phone around just to play audio. Plus having to find out if its audio is any good before I buy it, (meaning when used without Mojo.)

NB. Thanks to the folks who answered my question on the Mojo screws. It was re-assuring to hear they were meant to be shiny and not painted black. I worried I had one that had been previously opened.

I was testing the Bluetooth on the Hugo on the NYC Subway and I have to say the sound is quite good! I'm not missing much of anything compared to a wired connection. I did get the occasional pops when I moved Hugo further down into my bag but it went away almost as soon as I heard them. So Apt-X is pretty good. I'm assuming Poly will come with Apt X HD which is the new and improved version that also supports Hi res. So to some things up, even if you have to use bluetooth apt x things will sound good and enjoyable
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know what you mean. I want a DAP so I can play music without the Mojo at times, as I said which you quoted.

@jmills8 yeah I know. The A15 does about seven hours on the Mojo.  It was ages ago it was mentioned in this thread. Not many folk talked about Sony DAPs/Mojo-pair, much at all since.

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #29,809 of 42,759
I don't know what you mean. I want a DAP so I can play music without the Mojo at times, as I said which you quoted.

@jmills8
 yeah I know. The A15 does about seven hours on the Mojo.  It was ages ago it was mentioned in this thread. Not many folk talked about Sony DAPs/Mojo-pair, much at all since.

I was talking about the Mojo Poly combo. Even if you have to use Bluetooth it will sound great and much better than from the phone

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #29,811 of 42,759
Is there any guarantee that Mojo will always work on iOS via official CCK cable?
Or could one day an official ios update just stop it?

As replied earlier, it would be a bit crazy for Apple to break this when there is no reason to. 
They have broken it with iOS 10.3 Beta 1 though. Oops. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #29,813 of 42,759
Yeah that makes me nervous. I wonder if it broke for all Dacs or just Mojo.

I dont fret about it. I install a lot of Beta's that normally just break the Lavricable to Mojo. This is the first time it has ever broken the CCK to Mojo.
Just remember, these are Beta's and not releases. I would be more than shocked if Apple ever released iOS that breaks the CCK.

Jan 29, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #29,814 of 42,759
Yeah that makes me nervous. I wonder if it broke for all Dacs or just Mojo.

I think there are often reports of the beta versions stopping many dacs or music players from working, but these issues get reported via the developer forums, and the full version of the code works properly. One or two of the posters on the Chord threads are involved with the developer forums, so the issues do get reported.

Overall, each mojo user has to make their own choice, whether to be an early adopter of beta code and risk experiencing bug issues, or wait for the final release of code.

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #29,816 of 42,759
  http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/our-team/

I didn't check out this link until now. It's cool to see the people behind the company.

yes, but it also reinforces the relatively small size of the chord product development team, so it is physically impossible for them to update all the chord dac product line at the same time - so they have to update one product at a time.
Sadly post CES, some posters have complained that not every product is being updated yet (plus the several versions of MScalar) - there are only so many hours in a day. 
normal_smile .gif

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #29,818 of 42,759
I have to LOL at this for my own annoyance ;0
iOS 10.3 Beta 1 has broken the CCK to Mojo and so I cannot listen to music via Mojo now. OOPS! 
Yes that is correct, the genuine CCK does not work. Well thats a new one on me!
ahhh ***. Back to listening to my iPhone direct then.

In what way is it broken? I just updated my test device (iPhone5) and it seems to be working fine with Hugo and Mojo using either the USB2 or USB3 CCK.

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #29,819 of 42,759
In what way is it broken? I just updated my test device (iPhone5) and it seems to be working fine with Hugo and Mojo using either the USB2 or USB3 CCK.

The explanation really is in my post you know.
Broken as in does not work. Has deceased. It is a dead cable! This cable no longer works! It is a non cable.
And you are quite right that your iPhone 5 will be the same as my iPhone 6S+ once updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back