Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 24, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #29,644 of 42,759

i've created a monster, lol  
wink.gif

welcome to the growing world of USB audio, eh?
who'd have thought of this stuff even 4 yrs ago?

sorry but i'm not the best dude to answer that as I'm still wrapping my head around its purpose and capabilities (and limits)
.basically if I'm correct it's a bridge that makes a reg USB into an audiophile USB.
there is a thread towards it, too here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/807223/sonore-microrendu-music-streamer-impressions
...helpful people on there.

from Darko: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/10/sonore-at-rmaf-2016-talisker-taste-on-a-teachers-budget/

since it's computer audiophile related, BIG thread here:
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonore-microrendu-27389/

sonore's own site and FAQ
http://www.sonore.us/microRendu.html

Thanks for the info, I will definitely be looking into this.

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #29,645 of 42,759
After long listening, I found mojo, for high-impedance HP, need a decent tube amp, not SS.
With hd6xx it tends to produce a very harsh sound and have an lack of impact.
But with low-impedance HP or IEM, it is full-bodied and very quite resolving.

I will leave some my views after getting my amp and pairing it with mojo.

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #29,646 of 42,759
After long listening, I found mojo, for high-impedance HP, need a decent tube amp, not SS.

depends on which amp. with fiio e12, it was quiet clinical. unlistenable.

with burson soloist sl, its a different story. with hard to drive hps like hd700, mojo smoothes out a lot of detail. with burson in chain level of detail was very good. sound was enjoyable too. details on vocals was noteworthy. i was surprised how it recreated every breath, smack of lip etc. heard it for first time.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #29,648 of 42,759
Hi, I am a new user of chord mojo, so I have many doubts.
reading the faq I found that recommended Combo 7: Anker charger + Anker cable / Chord Mojo's bundled cable = Case 1, slightly quieter than combo 6 directly compared, with no pattern to the noise (always the same loudness)

are all the Chargers anker compatible?

is it normal that when the battery is full and it continues through the pc, the light back to ignite?

My apologies for my poor
English.

Best regards

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #29,651 of 42,759
  Anyone tried the Focal Elears with the Mojo?

Wait a few days and I should have an Elear.

The HD 6XX is supposed to sound the same as the HD 650...and the HD 650 is one of the *least* harsh headphones I have heard, even when driven from a Schiit Fulla.

Just to confirm, are you driving the HD 6XX directly from the Mojo?

with burson soloist sl, its a different story. with hard to drive hps like hd700, mojo smoothes out a lot of detail. with burson in chain level of detail was very good. sound was enjoyable too. details on vocals was noteworthy. i was surprised how it recreated every breath, smack of lip etc. heard it for first time.

Smooths out a lot of detail? The HD 800 had more detail than I've ever heard before, and this is regardless of whether it was driven by the Mojo, 430HAD, or HDVD 800.

Jan 24, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #29,652 of 42,759

Yes, well implemented gear will do it for their expenses.

Jan 24, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #29,654 of 42,759
Yes, i'm listening with it directly Also i found last night, that depends on well or poor recorded track.

But when even hearing former, i felt like it's amazing while i wish have some dynamics more.
And for latter, it has less body of sound.

I was just confused when you described it as harsh, as the HD 650 has no treble peaks to speak of and never sounded harsh to me. Perhaps you are describing the harshness / thinness of certain recordings? Or perhaps the HD 6XX doesn't sound the same as the HD 650 even though it was hyped up to. The HD 650 is more laid-back than hard-hitting, so it's not going to have the strongest dynamics when driven from accurate electronics.

Jan 24, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #29,655 of 42,759
 Perhaps you are describing the harshness / thinness of certain recordings?

Yes, that's correct.

The HD 650 is more laid-back than hard-hitting, so it's not going to have the strongest dynamics when driven from accurate electronics.

Perhaps, what i was saying is actually about that i wish to hear full-bodied sound more.

Anyway when i go home today, i will pairing it with Night Blues Mini and find out what's gonna be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back