Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 25, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #26,431 of 42,765
Guys, I've been without a reliable internet connection for around a week and being on phone, the threads have moved alot! Anyone who has used mojo with trinity phantom master 4, please pm me on your thoughts! Cheers

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #26,432 of 42,765
I have no personal affinity with Shanling, but since their latest M1 DAP is good value for money, very compact, has a microSD card slot, and (most-importantly!) digital-out functionality (although please note that it is a USB-C socket, not microUSB), it is undeniably a very viable option for stacking with Mojo. With that in mind, here are a few pics of the M1 alongside Mojo, from the Shanling M1 thread:

While waiting for the official firmware, im burning this one with the HD700.. man this little beast might make me sell my mojo in no time.

I someone is still looking for an OTG that works with Mojo, PM me, I have two spares.

After a lot of back and forth, I finally have a satisfying OTG cable for my M1 - Mojo stack, from Music Heaven on taobao.

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #26,433 of 42,765
I have no personal affinity with Shanling, but since their latest M1 DAP is good value for money, very compact, has a microSD card slot, and (most-importantly!) digital-out functionality (although please note that it is a USB-[COLOR=FF0000]C[/COLOR] socket, not microUSB), it is undeniably a very viable option for stacking with Mojo. With that in mind, here are a few pics of the M1 alongside Mojo, from the Shanling M1 thread:

I think the similar priced Fiio X3ii is a great option to and it what I decided on. The X3ii overall size is very close to the Mojo.

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #26,434 of 42,765
I have no personal affinity with Shanling, but since their latest M1 DAP is good value for money, very compact, has a microSD card slot, and (most-importantly!) digital-out functionality (although please note that it is a USB-[COLOR=FF0000]C[/COLOR] socket, not microUSB), it is undeniably a very viable option for stacking with Mojo. With that in mind, here are a few pics of the M1 alongside Mojo, from the Shanling M1 thread:

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/816385/shanling-m1-an-ipod-nano-competitor-dap-usb-dac-usb-transport-bluetooth-4-0-aptx-dsd/840#post_12955333 layout=inline] [/CONTENTEMBED]

While waiting for the official firmware, im burning this one with the HD700.. man this little beast might make me sell my mojo in no time.

I someone is still looking for an OTG that works with Mojo, PM me, I have two spares.

After a lot of back and forth, I finally have a satisfying OTG cable for my M1 - Mojo stack, from Music Heaven on taobao.

I will buy Hidizs AP60.. which is almost half price of shanling m1..
they will release usb audio out feature in this or next month...at $89 .. it's very nice transport for mojo IMHO..

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #26,435 of 42,765
  I will buy Hidizs AP60.. which is almost half price of shanling m1..
they will release usb audio out feature in this or next month...at $89 .. it's very nice transport for mojo IMHO..

When the USB digital-out functionality is definitely confirmed, I will agree with you! 
wink.gif

I mentioned the AP60 here in the Mojo thread, but was disheartened to find out, when it was actually released, that USB digital-out was not functional. I hope Hidizs successfully get it working.

Quote:

I have no personal affinity with Shanling, but since their latest M1 DAP is good value for money, very compact, has a microSD card slot, and (most-importantly!) digital-out functionality (although please note that it is a USB-C socket, not microUSB), it is undeniably a very viable option for stacking with Mojo. With that in mind, here are a few pics of the M1 alongside Mojo, from the Shanling M1 thread:

I think the similar priced Fiio X3ii is a great option to and it what I decided on. The X3ii overall size is very close to the Mojo.

I agree with you:

www.head-fi.org/t/826646/any-dap-that-can-work-with-usb-dacs-usb-in-or-coaxial-in#post_13028719

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-dac-amp-faq-in-3rd-post/19185#post_12681443

I know the forthcoming Chord SD-module will bring some interesting functionality to the marketplace, too, quite soon, so there are an ever-increasing range of options for feeding Mojo.

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #26,439 of 42,765

No, AFAIK, it will incorporate its own battery (not to share with Mojo, but just for its own functioning).

oh that's cool, what would be great is if the battery would be able to supply mojo for extended run times!

LOL - well, you need to bear in mind how small the module will be, and consider that it will be packing in a lot of electronics, plus room to accept memory, plus battery...

There really isn't a lot of room to play with, in that module housing! Giving Mojo a chunk of power, as well, is a lot to ask of a tiny battery.

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #26,440 of 42,765
LOL - well, you need to bear in mind how small the module will be, and consider that it will be packing in a lot of electronics, plus room to accept memory, plus battery...

There really isn't a lot of room to play with, in that module housing! Giving Mojo a chunk of power, as well, is a lot to ask of a tiny battery.
Ah right, I havent actually seen the size of the module, to me, from a feedback/design point, if I was the engineer I would make it able to give mojo more battery power as alot of people seem to want extended battery performance. Suppose you can never get enough of an awesome thing lol

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #26,444 of 42,765
OK, I'm feeling stupid asking this, but here goes.  If I want to connect my Asgard 2 to my Mojo, would I go Optical in to Mojo > then the "Headphone Out" to the asgard's RCA ports?  I guess this is the only way. Anybody have a picture of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back