Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 9, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #25,487 of 42,765
Contact them; they are responsive.  

I have sent mine back and will have it repaired and will report back here with the updated cable.  

Thx Peter, I will wait for your thoughts before doing that. Secondly, not all iOS updates stop it from working. So I'm loathed to spend more money on it when I have the Chord accessory pack anyway.

Nov 9, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #25,489 of 42,765
  Per the current discussion, I've had my Mojo plugged in nearly exclusively for the last several months. Will unplug it and try to get a rough idea of the battery life and report back for those concerned.

Got around to doing this test this morning. Continuous playback lasted ~8 hours give or take a minute or two.

Edit: In case it matters I was driving Ether C 1.1 @ double red volume level

Nov 9, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #25,490 of 42,765

I was just thinking about getting a Sony Walkman as a transport (and player on its own occasionally). Then I figured Sony Walkmans probably don't have bit-perfect playback, even through USB out.

I guess finding a Walkman that is bit-prefect is going to be time demanding. I was only thinking of one of the lower end models like A25, A15: which ever holds a good sized SD-card.

I'm thinking along the same lines... I'm thinking I should just get a cheap small android phone and run UAPP on it on bit-perfect mode strapped to the Mojo.

Yeah I think that's the way to go. Especially given most phones now have non-removable batteries, (which is pure cruelty from the manufacturers.) Just a cheap file transport that can support bit-perfect, has to be the best option. No point wearing out the battery on an expensive phone.

Nov 9, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #25,492 of 42,765
Bad news my Mojo kills my earphone the volume was pushed all the way up accidentally during connection to the phone Just 2  seconds the time I disconnected them but too late The mojo should have a safety feature specially the way as the volume buttons are  made!

Nov 9, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #25,493 of 42,765
Bad news my Mojo kills my earphone the volume was pushed all the way up accidentally during connection to the phone Just 2  seconds the time I disconnected them but too late The mojo should have a safety feature specially the way as the volume buttons are  made!

This is a fear of mine. I almost didn't buy the Mojo because it had the potential to kill my treasured CIEMs!

Nov 9, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #25,494 of 42,765

This is a fear of mine. I almost didn't buy the Mojo because it had the potential to kill my treasured CIEMs!

I always plug in my headphones/IEMs after turning on the DAC and amp and unplug them before shutting off. Not only does it let me avoid situations like this, but protects my headphones/IEMs from the spike when turning these devices on and off.

Nov 9, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #25,495 of 42,765
I always plug in my headphones/IEMs after turning on the DAC and amp and unplug them before shutting off. Not only does it let me avoid situations like this, but protects my headphones/IEMs from the spike when turning these devices on and off.

Sage advice! :)

Nov 9, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #25,498 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back