Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 2, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #20,762 of 42,758
Hello, does the Ether C midrange sound cold or analytical at all? I prefer warmth than neutral/more details.

If you prefer warmth, I am not sure you will like Ether-C with Mojo. It's just lacking a bit in the low mid/mid bass which make it sound neutral. I is not bright as it does sound harsh so it may sound a bit cold to you.

I usually boost the bass by EQ by around 3dB when I had the Ether-C. If you want warmth check out the DT1770 Pro. 

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #20,764 of 42,758
actually the mojo sounds great with pretty much any HD as a portable option

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #20,765 of 42,758
Well shucks. I sold the Mojo since I got Opus #1. I felt Opus #1 sounded better than Mojo.
But the buyer wanted a refund and I ended up keeping Mojo.

sigh. Also original audio store I bought from Audio High has a policy that won't take refunds if the product is opened.
I don't know what I can use Mojo for honestly.

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #20,766 of 42,758
Hi all,

I am currently deciding between the Mojo and the Vorzuge Vorzamp Pure 2. Can anyone give me some advice on which to go for? To be used with an AK100.

Many thanks,
Daniel.
Get both.

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #20,767 of 42,758
Well shucks. I sold the Mojo since I got Opus #1. I felt Opus #1 sounded better than Mojo.
But the buyer wanted a refund and I ended up keeping Mojo.

sigh. Also original audio store I bought from Audio High has a policy that won't take refunds if the product is opened.
I don't know what I can use Mojo for honestly.

What kind of company takes no returns now this day in age. I understand restocking fee but no return at all? I know i won't be buying from that place...

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #20,768 of 42,758
What kind of company takes no returns now this day in age. I understand restocking fee but no return at all? I'll make sure I won't be buying from that place...

You are lucky. I live in San Jose nearest audio store to me is Audio High.
Also I reread terms and agreement Even if the product is defective, you cannot get a refund. Sales are final
Ok I have no choice. Im going to return opus and find something cheap as a transport for my Mojo.
Maybe Cayin N5 or dx 80

I might as well make use of mojo. $652 with tax I need to use.

Its been months Opus still doesnt support Usb out.

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #20,769 of 42,758
You are lucky. I live in San Jose nearest audio store to me is Audio High.
Also I reread terms and agreement Even if the product is defective, you cannot get a refund. Sales are final
Ok I have no choice. Im going to return opus and find something cheap as a transport for my Mojo.
Maybe Cayin N5 or dx 80

Its been months Opus still doesnt support Usb out.

The FiiO X5ii would be a better choice than the DX80, when you switch songs on the 80 you'll here a pop sound which gets really annoying. It actually does it when the bit rate changes, I have both so I know first hand.

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #20,772 of 42,758
I'm thinking about using the Mojo for its DAC in my Stax setup and I was wondering if there was a possible connection method to link the Mojo and my SRM 252 S which only has RCA inputs. 

*nvm. Can just use a 3.5mm to RCA 

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #20,773 of 42,758

Use it as your car audio DAC, it makes a nice improvement in PRaT and imaging IMO.

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #20,775 of 42,758
Use it as your car audio DAC, it makes a nice improvement in PRaT and imaging IMO.

i use fiio with mojo as car audio, makes my blaupunkt shine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back