Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 25, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #18,061 of 42,759
  I lucked out on the timing. It was "signature required" and I just happened to be at home for lunch when UPS delivered. And since I headed back to work, it will sit un-bothered and charging for at least 5 or more hours now. And with my two boys climbing all over me as soon as I get home, it will probably sit another 3 hours before I even have a free second of temptation to stick a headphone in.
wink_face.gif

I had waited long enough for mine to be delivered (2 days) so I was able to hold out until it finished charging. Placed it on charge overnight and after 10 hours used it.

But that's just me
L3000.gif

May 25, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #18,063 of 42,759
headmanPL
make sure the android native doesnt take priority over the device, clear defaults on players and replug the mojo, and dont tick remember choices

May 25, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #18,064 of 42,759
@headmanPL
make sure the android native doesnt take priority over the device, clear defaults on players and replug the mojo, and dont tick remember choices

Thanks. Believe it or not, it's the cable! Everything was working fine. I allowed Play updates to happen, then no music. After trying all suggestions, I used another phone. That wouldn't work either. I worried Mojo might be at fault, but playing via toslink and USB via PC, al fine. The cable doesn't work on any device!

May 25, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #18,068 of 42,759
  I think this little bstrd sounds better than my HILO (Headphone out) and my tube amp...
more testing to be done but it's kind of mind blowing considering its price!

Oh lord...

Very nice! The Hilo is a pretty good sounding player but it still sounds like other delta-sigma DACs. I had some time with it last year and I could see how the Mojo would sound better
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #18,069 of 42,759
I think this little bstrd sounds better than my HILO (Headphone out) and my tube amp...

more testing to be done but it's kind of mind blowing considering its price!

Oh lord...

To be honest I've decided that the Mojo is my end game DAC, and possibly amp. I'd need to spend an obscene amount of money to better it significantly, and while an obscene amount of money is doable, I'd rather keep the money for other more important things.

It is an amazing box of tricks that's reignited my love of classical music - it just sounds so natural.

May 25, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #18,070 of 42,759
This pair has been nothing but great playing my flac files collection. Until I tried playing some DSD 256 and 128. The X3ii shows that the files are not supported by the DAC. How is that possible? I'm sure that the Mojo supports up to 256. Then I did backread a few times, saw that some other people fixed the same issue by updating their X3ii firmware. I'm currently on 1.4 and I still think that the Mojo should be able to play those files. Maybe I should give it a try to update the X3ii firmware.

Another thing that concerns me is the coax cable I'm using. For now, I'm using TRS to TRS coax, which one end on the X3ii is not fully inserted so that it will work. You'll notice on the picture below, I put a spacer so that the plug won't go all the way to the X3ii. I already ordered the proper coax cables which are TRS to TRRS ones. I'm just wondering if my current temporary fix is the one causing an issue playing the DSD files.

I don't usually use DSD files for practical reasons. I mainly use flac files and some 320kbps mp3 files. I just wanted to try the DSD on the Mojo. Using the other stack I have which is X3ii + Q1 amp, DSD files play perfectly. Though only up to 128 which is the X3ii's max capability.

Anyway, I hope you can advise me on the matter I mentioned above. Thanks for any input you might have.

May 25, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #18,072 of 42,759
Very nice! The Hilo is a pretty good sounding player but it still sounds like other delta-sigma DACs. I had some time with it last year and I could see how the Mojo would sound better :)  

Lynx Hilo is an amazing DAC.
Headphone amp section is not as good as Mojo though (how did they do it?!).

For now I just listened on ACS Encore.
I will get on more adventures (HD800S, HD700) and report back soon.

Sadly my tube amp is broken so I can't test it yet. Sad face.

May 25, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #18,073 of 42,759
highfidelity69 said:
 : I suggest you get a DAP that plays FLAC/DSD files to get the max out of the Mojo, iPhone with it's compressed files will not do,

I'm afraid you're wrong.

Given that the Mojo was developed with the iPhone and other mobiles in mind, it should come as no shock that the iPhone plays FLAC and ALAC perfectly happily!

May 25, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #18,074 of 42,759
"I suggest you get a DAP that plays FLAC/DSD files to get the max out of the Mojo, iPhone with it's compressed files will not do, especially crap MP3's, then head over to www.hdtracks.com and load some quality FLAC/DSD files."

That's sort of a misinformed/misleading thing to say. iPhone can play FLAC and DSD just fine -- just need an app player like Onkyo HF Player or Korg iAudioGate.

It'd be one thing to steer him from iPhone towards a DAP based on storage size limitations...but it isn't fair to say you're stuck w/ "compressed crap MP3s" just because you're on iPhone.

May 25, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #18,075 of 42,759

I play FLAC, ALAC and DSD files using my iPod Touch, Mojo and KSE1500. All you need is an app like Onkyo HF Player and it is digital out into the Mojo in high resolution. Be careful when giving advice when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back