Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 2, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #15,151 of 42,765
You know, there's a lot of links to otg usb cables in the third post of the thread.
wink_face.gif

Thanks! Apologies, I should have been more explicit; I mean USB A to micro for the purpose of connecting to a Macbook.

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #15,152 of 42,765
Thanks! Apologies, I should have been more explicit; I mean USB A to micro for the purpose of connecting to a Macbook.

Ah! Pretty much any USB A to micro cable that will transmit data (not charge only) will work. I found that the ones that came with my DAPs worked very well. I know the included short USB cable has been reported to lose connection if moved so it really depends on the cable ends and how the tolerances fit in the socket. My suggestion, just try another cable, no need to spend much at all, although I'm sure others will chime in with different opinions.

:)

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #15,153 of 42,765
Thanks. I was in the "a USB cable is a USB cable" camp until I tried the QED. Unfortunately, it's just too unwieldy to persevere with.

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #15,154 of 42,765
Ah! Pretty much any USB A to micro cable that will transmit data (not charge only) will work. I found that the ones that came with my DAPs worked very well. I know the included short USB cable has been reported to lose connection if moved so it really depends on the cable ends and how the tolerances fit in the socket. My suggestion, just try another cable, no need to spend much at all, although I'm sure others will chime in with different opinions.

smily_headphones1.gif

OT

First time my Note 4 and Mojo got drained to dead at the same time.

I got lost in 1970-1977ish and for the 1st time since joining Head-Fi ...got lost in the music and stopped listening to cue's and flaws.

I know you like some of the same music. You see the old EX1000 for sale you might wanna grab em. The Mojo takes them to sonic nirvana. Synergy. I believe in that now.

/OT

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #15,156 of 42,765
Can anyone recommend a  Super Really Fast Charger that is High Quality and work good for my Mojo? I'm tired of using the phone charger, it takes forever to charge to 'full

there is a limit of ampere acceptable, so as long current provided is sufficient, its good

aukey multi port charger ia nice
i use samsung adaptive fast charge
some use xiaomi power bank 10400 mah legit one
oppo 2a charger is ok too

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #15,157 of 42,765
Can anyone recommend a  Super Really Fast Charger that is High Quality and work good for my Mojo? I'm tired of using the phone charger, it takes forever to charge to 'full

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/HHCC2VC/A/techlink-recharge-12000-power-lightning-charger?fnode=955742d468e631ed463dcfd6333d9336c3dad347f92945c940c0f2af3e09873535761f65fd04373bd06dca57efcb976e3074010e13e417bafa17b89b49d08c28d9d1a24421830f2de3e1e5bdc85e78f09a63a3a0bde19e821eb0aab6152ccb20

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #15,159 of 42,765
connected today mojo with line of cheap desktop small speaker system and it came to life as never before. suddenly it reminded me of good old fm days when everything was played on LPs . an idea came to my mind , are there any full range small speakers which can be connected directly to mojo ? mojo having such low output impedance has that advantage that it can drive 8ohm speakers to some decent levels.

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #15,160 of 42,765
My phone charger works perfectly, yeah !

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #15,161 of 42,765
I use my phone charger, maybe you should use fast charger ?

it doesn't matter what type of charger, what matters is the reliability of the charger, and sam fast charger works well with mojo

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #15,163 of 42,765
  Does anyone know if any cheap android devices like this cheap Blu phone would work with Mojo.  Interface is probably not much worse than X3 first gen.

http://www.amazon.com/D141W-Factory-Unlocked-Android-Smartphone/dp/B00OJCOQPK/ref=sr_1_25?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1459580815&sr=1-25&keywords=android+phone

I have been pairing my Mojo up with a 2nd gen Moto G I got for less than $100 usd and it doesn't let me down. I also tried it with a $35 ATT variant but returned it because I couldn't unlock the bootloader and I like to gain root access so I can flash my any ROM I like on it

update - I looked at the phone from the link you provided and it has Android 2.3 as its O/S... not gonna work with mojo. you need something a bit more current like a device with Android 4 ish or higher that has OTG support

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #15,164 of 42,765
connected today mojo with line of cheap desktop small speaker system and it came to life as never before. suddenly it reminded me of good old fm days when everything was played on LPs . an idea came to my mind , are there any full range small speakers which can be connected directly to mojo ? mojo having such low output impedance has that advantage that it can drive 8ohm speakers to some decent levels.

I uss the Q Acoustics BT3 which have an active and a slave speaker. You do need something like the QED Reference Audio J2P to get what you want to hear. (They are OK with a standard cheap £2 cable but not right. I found them good for TV or DVD with the standard cheap cable. I found music sort of slightly unexciting with a basic cable.)

I also put some substantial padding under the speakers on my desk, to prevent the speakers from making the desk boom.

You could look at the Ruark Audio MR1.

The only issue I have with this set up, compared to an amplifier and speakers is the imputs. The BT3 have two analogue inputs. However they can only select one manually. If I have my Mojo connected to the RCA inputs, it is over-ridden when I connect to the 3.5mm jack. On the controls I can only select analogue, BT, or optical in. I can not choose which analogue input.

I don't have a problem with this right now. I have my Mojo connected to the BT3 RCA input, from my PC for FLAC files. I have a DAB tuner on my desk, and connect to optical on the Mojo. (Whereas I used to connect my portable PocketDAB 1500 to the BT3 via 3.5mm to 3.5mm to the BT3. Thus over-riding my Mojo on the RCA. It meant everytime I wanted to listen to radio, I had to go around the back of the BT3.) Now I have to pull USB connection out of the Mojo when I want to listen to radio via optical.

(Please bear in mind though, the BT3 took quite a while to run-in. Mine were still softening slightly about two weeks later. At first they sounded kind of brittle, and lacking in bass. This is normal. Also when sitting up close you lose a bit of bass. It's OK though. Mine sit with 55cm between them, and the monitor is inbetween. The bass fills in when I lean back my chair back. In other words it's OK.)

Apr 2, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #15,165 of 42,765
But cannot EQ it. I need bass impact so must EQ the Mojo.

I know many love fiddling with EQ to alter the sound.
Personally, I have always preferred to keep the source as pure as possible and look at the speakers /HP to add the colouration / characteristics I would look for.
Why not take Mojo to audition some known bassy headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back