Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 1, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #15,136 of 42,759
The price for mojo is definetly reasonable (just so I don't get shot here, with these people)

But 600$ is quite high for something that was intended to Accompany a phone. I sure enjoy it, too me perceived value is about 350 tops
I'm sure we could have achieved that price had we just done what everyone else in this industry does. That is to put a industry standard Dac chip inside. But had we done that it would sound like every one else's does too. Instead inside mojo you have got a reference quality custom Dac that has about five hundred times the signal processing that other Dacs have including forty or more DSP cores running similtainiosly. Never underestimate something just because it is small. surprisingly Mojo has far more active electronics than virtually all desktop dacs too.

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #15,137 of 42,759
The price for mojo is definetly reasonable (just so I don't get shot here, with these people)

But 600$ is quite high for something that was intended to Accompany a phone. I sure enjoy it, too me perceived value is about 350 tops

Sometimes i think that the dealer will call me and ask for more money for the Mojo.. it feels like a steal for the price even tho is the most expensive dac i ever bought :p  I use it on both my desktop rig and connected to the phone

Apr 1, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #15,138 of 42,759
Well, I can happily confirm that the Mojo works flawlessly with my new iPad Pro (9.7"...the larger 12" was just too big for me as I tend to lug my iPad around with me everywhere). Simply plug and play, just as it was with my (or now my son's
wink.gif
) iPad Air.

Apr 1, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #15,139 of 42,759
Well, I can happily confirm that the Mojo works flawlessly with my new iPad Pro (9.7"...the larger 12" was just too big for me as I tend to lug my iPad around with me everywhere). Simply plug and play, just as it was with my (or now my son's :wink: ) iPad Air.

Very nice. I was looking at these however it's hard to justify the step up from a regular iPad Air for the price. The 256gb memory does look appealing though I must admit.

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #15,140 of 42,759
Very nice. I was looking at these however it's hard to justify the step up from a regular iPad Air for the price. The 256gb memory does look appealing though I must admit.

Pffft! My wife picked up a iPad Pro (12" for me) and an iPad Air (for her) 4 weeks before the new models were announced. I would have preferred the 256gb version for sure. Grrrrrr. :mad:

I like the Mojo. :)

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #15,141 of 42,759
I always have a good chuckle when I see the words "iPad" & "Pro" used together. :D

The iPads still require the USB Camera Kit dongle to use for audio out, correct?

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #15,145 of 42,759
I always have a good chuckle when I see the words "iPad" & "Pro" used together. :D

The iPads still require the USB Camera Kit dongle to use for audio out, correct?

Totally off topic....

I use mine on set for concept art when working with my clients. It's great for that. I don't use the iPad generally for audio.

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #15,146 of 42,759
Does anyone know if any cheap android devices like this cheap Blu phone would work with Mojo.  Interface is probably not much worse than X3 first gen.

http://www.amazon.com/D141W-Factory-Unlocked-Android-Smartphone/dp/B00OJCOQPK/ref=sr_1_25?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1459580815&sr=1-25&keywords=android+phone

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #15,147 of 42,759
  Does anyone know if any cheap android devices like this cheap Blu phone would work with Mojo.  Interface is probably not much worse than X3 first gen.

http://www.amazon.com/D141W-Factory-Unlocked-Android-Smartphone/dp/B00OJCOQPK/ref=sr_1_25?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1459580815&sr=1-25&keywords=android+phone

Probably not, reading the advert it states " Android v2.3 (Gingerbread),"

USB Audio out I believe was introduced from Android 4.4 (KitKat) onwards

Check out this thread on Android Phones and USB DACS

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #15,148 of 42,759
Apr 2, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #15,149 of 42,759
Any usb cable recommendations for use with Mojo (without disappearing down a rabbit hole)? I'm returning a QED reference cable not because it doesn't make a discernibly positive difference but because it's just too bulky/stiff - with not much movement of the cable, the connection into the DAC often gets disturbed.  

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #15,150 of 42,759
Any usb cable recommendations for use with Mojo (without disappearing down a rabbit hole)? I'm returning a QED reference cable not because it doesn't make a discernibly positive difference but because it's just too bulky/stiff - with not much movement of the cable, the connection into the DAC often gets disturbed.  

You know, there's a lot of links to otg usb cables in the third post of the thread. :wink_face:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back